Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,619 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, (2238 Views)

Dreaded Niger Delta Militant Leader Speech On Tinubu Victory / Militant Leader Kills 6 Tompolo Men In Delta State / More Photos Of Soldiers Killed In Yobe After Boko Haram Overran Military Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by coputa(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19
SOLDIERS have traced the militant leader allegedly behind last Thursday’s killing of 16 soldiers at Okuama Ughelli South Local Government Area, Delta State, to the riverine Igbomoturu community in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area, Bayelsa State, where they killed some youths, who resisted their incursion, and razed some houses belonging to militants.

The soldiers, who arrived in seven gunboats and a passport boat at about 8.00 am on Sunday, cordoned off the community, forcing villagers to scamper for safety into the bush.

Troops also swooped on the Akugbene community in Bomadi Local Government Area, to arrest perpetrators alleged to have fled to the community.

The soldiers brought the Akugbene community chairman and many others to Bomadi, headquarters of the council area over allegations that they harbored the fleeing chairman of Okuama community and other suspects.

However, the Governor of Delta State, Rt. Hon. Sheriff Oborevwori, Monday, visited the 181 Amphibious Battalion of the Nigerian military at Bomadi.

Oborevwori’s visit brought a heavy security presence in the riverside town. From the early hours of the day, combined security forces were stationed armored vehicles at strategic locations, while a helicopter hovered around.

The governor headed straight to the military base at the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC Road, in Bomadi where he held a closed-door meeting that lasted over an hour with the army authority

Findings revealed that the governor’s visit was in connection with last week’s killing of soldiers and the consequent razing of the Okuama community.
'
Meanwhile, the Member representing Ughelli North, Ughelli South, and Udu Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Francis Ejiroghene Waive has called for a ceasefire in the ongoing siege by the military to the Okuama community in Delta State, saying that razing the community was not the solution to the killing of 16 soldiers.

Waive, who is Chairman of the House Committee on Rules and Business, in a statement, yesterday, condemned the killings in the Okuama community, Ewu Clan in Ughelli South local government area, a part of his constituency, and called for peace and order.

His words: “I am at a loss how a community of only a few hundred inhabitants can inflict this level of damage on our military. I worry if there are no fifth columnists and other vested interests at play, however, I believe a thorough, unbiased, and professional investigation will unveil this mystery.”

“I received with utter shock news of the killings in the Okuama Community of Ewu Clan in Ughelli South LGA (a part of my constituency). I must begin by calling on all parties in the dispute to cease fire and allow peace to reign.

“I condemn in its entirety the taking of human life and console with families and institutions affected. We simply cannot return to the Old Stone Age. I am appalled at the reported killing of officers and men of our armed forces and demand a full-scale unbiased investigation to ascertain the real culprits.

“There is no need to accuse and counter-accuse one another, or violently label anyone until reliable investigation with proof, fish out the killers to face justice. In this nation, we hold our armed forces in the highest esteem.

“It is not an acceptable norm to willfully attack and kill our good officers and men on patriotic duty to protect and defend our territorial integrity and collective peace and security.

“During the years, these avoidable attacks have lingered, Okuama community has always been the theater of the fighting, suggesting that they are the ones being attacked. Had they nipped these attacks been nipped in the bud, as they ought to, we would not come to this edge of the precipice.

“As sad and painful as it is, this is, however, a moment to reflect as true patriots and our brothers’ keepers to put a stop to these bloody attacks that have become incessant.

“Reports have it that the bodies of our fallen officers and men of the military were found in the community and on the Forcados River. There is a need to unveil the place of their killing and the actual killers. Whoever did this must be found, and punished according to law.

The burning down of Okuama community is not a solution to the problems at hand. I call on the military to exercise maximum restraint in their response and abide by internationally accepted protocols in the face of this provocation.

“I call on the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to immediately set up modalities to assist those displaced at this difficult time.

“We must all realize that land belongs to God, we met it here and will definitely leave it when we exit this world. So too is human life, nobody has the right to take the life of another.

“I call on our beloved people of Okuama community to calm down and ensure they allow peace to reign. I also call on our dear people who are their neighbors to do the same.

“The military authorities, the state government, and the communities should cooperate in the investigations and find lasting solutions to this crisis according to law and the tenets of good conscience.”

Vanguard Newspaper
Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by slimjohn2k5: 7:48pm On Mar 19
U sure say not be Asari these guys dey after?
Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by MadamExcellency: 7:51pm On Mar 19
If the culprits are militants, why is the army attacking communities and villages unlike what happens when Bandits attack, kidnap and kill soldiers in the North.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Zooposki(f): 7:51pm On Mar 19
They should check South West for the killers. Na them dey scream up and down to kill everyone since this issue started. . I’m suspecting they sent OPC to do the dirty work.

14 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Babaken(m): 7:51pm On Mar 19
They know they can trace why mass killing. Medicine after death.

4 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by jetwonder(m): 7:54pm On Mar 19
grin grin
The kingpin has escaped
Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Namaster: 8:01pm On Mar 19
So why the lies that they did NOT invade Igbomoturu to carry out a mass murdering of unarmed civilians.

If Nigerian journalists and Newspapers were NOT a bunch of cowards, the genocidal and EXTREMELY incompetent Military would have been exposed for their crimes.

5 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by adekolaelect(m): 8:20pm On Mar 19
Zooposki:
They should check South West for the killers. Na them dey scream up and down to kill everyone since this issue started. . I’m suspecting they sent OPC to do the dirty work.
These slowpoke people must blame someone for their failure. When will you grow mature to reason indipendently?the community that failed to allow peace to reighn to the extent of killing soldiers should be dealt with . If other regions are doing like yours where will you people migrate to or the ball on your Neck has no value?

18 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Zooposki(f): 8:23pm On Mar 19
adekolaelect:
These slowpoke people must blame someone for their failure. When will you grow mature to reason indipendently?the community that failed to allow peace to reighn to the extent of killing soldiers should be dealt with . If other regions are doing like yours where will you people migrate to or the ball on your Neck has no value?

Yeah, if a soldier dies in front of my house without me not even aware, the soldiers should forcefully enter my house and kill me and my family and neighbors while you enable them. After killing us all you then tell them to go investigate the real killers. What a clownish demon. 😈 😈

5 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by tutudesz: 8:32pm On Mar 19
Anybody involved in the killing of this soldiers, should be killed and any community hiding them, should be burned down simple undecided
If they can do this to soldiers, imagine what they can do to ordinary people

3 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by tutudesz: 8:33pm On Mar 19
Zooposki:

Yeah, if a soldier dies in front of my house without me not even aware, the soldiers should forcefully enter my house and kill me and my family and neighbors while you enable them. After killing us all you then tell them to go investigate the real killers. What a clownish demon. 😈 😈
How can you not be aware of what happened in front of your house

5 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Zooposki(f): 8:38pm On Mar 19
tutudesz:

How can you not be aware of what happened in front of your house

Abeg comot for my mention. Go and ask your fellow demons.

4 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by adekolaelect(m): 8:39pm On Mar 19
Zooposki:

Attacking soldiers or killing them is a declaration of war against the country . When you allow impunity to dominate your environment even the day of God's judgement can not spare you talkless of soldiers. Oga no one is supporting killing of inoscent Citizens but soldiers must investigate and fix out the papetrators either death or alive . If you are talking of human right ,Are the soldiers to not have their human right for a community people to ganged up and killed them?

17 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Lumarstone: 8:42pm On Mar 19
The perpetrator(s) of this act should be arrested with immediate effect, Anyone harbouring them should equally be arrested. If FG fails to act responsibly on this now, there will be a reocurreaning decimal.

I left..!

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Zooposki(f): 8:43pm On Mar 19
adekolaelect:
Attacking soldiers or killing them is a declaration of war against the country . When you allow impunity to dominate your environment even the day of God's judgement can not spare you talkless of soldiers. Oga no one is supporting killing of inoscent Citizens but soldiers must investigate and fix out the papetrators either death or alive . If you are talking of human right ,Are the soldiers to not have their human right for a community people to ganged up and killed them?

Abeg comot for my mention. I no wan see your name respond to me again.

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by BobbieZion(m): 8:48pm On Mar 19
The Nigeria Military is the most corrupt and immoral organization in the whole world.

NB: I don't support the killing of people both uniform and civilians.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Racoon(m): 8:54pm On Mar 19
Meanwhile, the military have already made innocent civilians to pay for crime they know nothing about in their rashness

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Dafresh: 9:00pm On Mar 19
After burning down people's houses and killing 100s you suddenly remembered that it was militants that killed soldiers, why venting the anger on defenceless citizens.

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by adekolaelect(m): 9:02pm On Mar 19
Zooposki:

Abeg comot for my mention. I no wan see your name respond to me again.
Frustrated Huligants has nothing meaningfully to say anymore.

16 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Zooposki(f): 9:05pm On Mar 19
adekolaelect:
Frustrated Huligants has nothing meaningfully to say anymore.

No, you are just being deceitful and trying to change the narrative and I refuse to engage. Anyone that has been following the story can see through your deceit. I don’t have the time and energy to interact with demons. Go and talk to your fellow demons.

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Gadafii: 10:47pm On Mar 19
Lies, lies and more lies.

I can’t believe this was the army that went for peace keeping mission in foreign countries, the army I had loved so much in my secondary school days that I even wanted to join

That army has been reduced to something else by successive govts. It’s shameful

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Cassandraloius: 4:22am On Mar 20
So many awful stories everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by adekolaelect(m): 10:21am On Mar 20
Zooposki:

No, you are just being deceitful and trying to change the narrative and I refuse to engage. Anyone that has been following the story can see through your deceit. I don’t have the time and energy to interact with demons. Go and talk to your fellow demons.

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by adekolaelect(m): 11:17am On Mar 20
Namaster:
So why the lies that they did NOT invade Igbomoturu to carry out a mass murdering of unarmed civilians.

If Nigerian journalists and Newspapers were NOT a bunch of cowards, the genocidal and EXTREMELY incompetent Military would have been exposed for their crimes.
You can help them and visit there to send your observation to them as news

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Ruke1989: 11:51am On Mar 20
adekolaelect:

A yoruba President - Obasanjo ordered that 1500 Ijaw women and kids be killed in Odi
Another Yoruba President - Tinubu ordered soldiers to kill and burn down Ijaws and Urhobos and their communities - Okuama and Igbomotoru

No fulani president ever gave such order. Yaradua -a fulani opted for peace through amnesty

Obasanjo allowed sharia law and sharia court following riots among fulanis in the north - He was afraid of fulanis
Tinubu opted for negotiation with communities when bandits killed 25 soldiers in minna - He was afraid of them

The problem of nigeria is not fulanis. The problem is yoruba. The yoruba love hiding under presidential power to commit attrocities. Tinubu that was afraid and was running from france to UK during endsars is here forming boldness sending fulanis to kill south south indigenes inorder to gain validation from the north over the northern officers that millitants wasted. Yoruba tribes are vagabond, criminals and pure evil. They have pure generational hatred for igbos and because the SW educational system is half-bred, they dont tend to know the difference between igbos and ijaws or urhobos. They transfer their pure hatred for igbos to the SS minorities whose oil resources is used for feeding every yoruba man in public sector today

2 Likes

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by tutudesz: 12:17pm On Mar 20
Ruke1989:

Another yoruba fool has spoken... Yorubas are the haters and agressors in every collective punishment met out on the SS or SE by the millitary including the killing of 500 men in asaba and Zaki Biam in benue. Read further to know how thoughtless an average yoruba man can be:

A yoruba President - Obasanjo ordered that 1500 Ijaw women and kids be killed in Odi
Another Yoruba President - Tinubu ordered soldiers to kill and burn down Ijaws and Urhobos and their communities - Okuama and Igbomotoru

No fulani president ever gave such order. Yaradua -a fulani opted for peace through amnesty

Obasanjo allowed sharia law and sharia court following riots among fulanis in the north - He was afraid of fulanis
Tinubu opted for negotiation with communities when bandits killed 25 soldiers in minna - He was afraid of them

The problem of nigeria is not fulanis. The problem is yoruba. The yoruba love hiding under presidential power to commit attrocities. Tinubu that was afraid and was running from france to UK during endsars is here forming boldness sending fulanis to kill south south indigenes inorder to gain validation from the north over the northern officers that millitants wasted. Yoruba tribes are vagabond, criminals and pure evil. They have pure generational hatred for igbos and because the SW educational system is half-bred, they dont tend to know the difference between igbos and ijaws or urhobos. They transfer their pure hatred for igbos to the SS minorities whose oil resources is used for feeding every yoruba man in public sector today
Shut up!! I am a pure Ijaw Man and it's in our tradition not to support evil. You are clearly not from Delta State

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by KillahPriest: 12:28pm On Mar 20
adekolaelect:
Noise maker. Where were you when your brothers blamed Igbos for this attack here on Nairaland ? Dem feed una the same ewedu and you're already complaining. Shior
Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by tutudesz: 1:20pm On Mar 20
Ruke1989:

Your erratic and irrational behavior shows you are Yoruba.
Shut it!! Not supporting evil makes me a Yoruba I will say it again again, all those involved in their killing should be killed, those communities hiding them should be burned down

1 Like

Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Ruke1989: 1:32pm On Mar 20
tutudesz:

Shut it!! Not supporting evil makes me a Yoruba I will say it again again, all those involved in their killing should be killed, those communities hiding them should be burned down
Take your drugs
Re: Killing Of Soldiers,army Tracks Militant Leader To Bayelsa, by Bigkoko: 1:41pm On Mar 20
Internet never forgets. We go dey here when another president go enter and e go be yulloba people turn to have their villages raised down and their people killed like rats....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why We Must Not Vote For The People's Democratic Party (pdp) In Nigeria / Bill Of Nudity / True Cost Of NLC Strike Over Fuel Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.