Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,748 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Police Inspector, Oduoye Adeyemi Unveils Book To Support Police - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / EXCLUSIVE: Police Inspector, Oduoye Adeyemi Unveils Book To Support Police (63 Views)

EXCLUSIVE: Police Inspector, Oduoye Adeyemi Unveils Book To Support Police / Ae-funai Professor Unveils Book On Obesity / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Police Inspector, Oduoye Adeyemi Unveils Book To Support Police by Usmanissa247(m): 10:03pm On Mar 19
EXCLUSIVE: Police Inspector, Oduoye Adeyemi Unveils Book, Urges NPF, PSC To Produce En-masse For Officers

A Police Inspector, Oduoye Adeyemi has revealed in an exclusive interview on his dream to contribute his quota to Nigeria Police reform through his book titled "The Nigeria Police Force: A Beginner's Handbook"

Kindly introduce yourself, sir.

I am Oduoye Adeyemi. I hail from Eko-Ende in the Ifelodun Local Government Area of Osun State. I am an Inspector of Police attached to 61 Police mobile force Kontagora, Niger State.

When did you join the NPF?

I joined the Nigeria Police Force on the 1st day of July 2007.

What is your view of the NPF against what people think of the NPF?

Well, my view is that people do forget that the police force is an institution while the police officer is a person. And there is a difference between both. People don't consider our individual differences and upbringing of personnel. The police institution trains you to deliver on their mandate, while the upbringing of personnel creates a moral and solid foundation upon which the training will be built upon. People blame all of us because of one that goes against the rules of the game because they believe that the police institution gave birth to all of us. Not minding different homes that will come from. People don't consider that we are human beings like them which is not above common mistakes. Although, we are professionally trained but only God makes no mistake. They don't take into consideration that inside 12, there will be a Judas.

Have you ever dreamt of becoming a police officer?

Yes. I love the job from my childhood.

What is the title of your handbook?

The Nigeria Police Force: A Beginner's Handbook.

What inspired you to write the book?

Firstly, I am an average student of reading which and in turn has positively changed my ways of dealing with issues of life in general and has inspired me to write. I see reading as one of the best ways to communicate or pass messages to one another without being physically present. I've for over time searched for books to read as leverage for we upcoming police officers. But I rarely found one written by a serving or retired police officer and this inspired me to write. I was inspired by the ongoing police reform by the present IGP, Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun, a seasoned police officer, and a need to contribute my own quota. Leaving a legacy for the young and incoming police officers has also inspired me.

What is the thematic focus of the book?

-The various reasons why people join the force.

-The relationship between the police and the public they serve.

-The challenging part of the job and the blessings.

-Our sacrifices as the Nigeria police force and the neglect.

-The habit of cutting corners by Nigerians and the advantages of integrity.

Why did you consider it necessary for NPF and PSC to recommend the book for police officers?

It will help in the change and shift of mindset for the serving ones. It will help in creating a fertile mind for the incoming police officers. It will create a robust relationship between the members of the police force and the public. It will serve as a practical guide to career success.

Have you ever thought of launching the book?

Of course, yes. But there are no financial resources for that for now.

How did you get the finances for the first publication?

The passion for a reformed Nigeria Police Force makes me discipline myself and join some contributions out of my salary and with the help of my wife.

What do you want from the NPF and PSC in terms of support for the book?

I will be fulfilled if the NPF and PSC can support me financially in making the book available for the police officer and recruits in all the training schools.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Reoccurring Canadian University Scholarships To Watch Out For! / Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning CSE Courses | CMRIT / How Can You Optimize Your Facebook Ads For Better Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.