Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN (9125 Views)

Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) / ‘2Africa’ Subsea Cable In Lagos By Bayobab & MTN / Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by AmazingGenius: 10:45pm On Mar 19
Bayobab Group, a subsidiary of MTN Group, has announced the successful restoration of its services following subsea cable disruptions.

The telecom operator disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday.

It said that despite the challenges occasioned by the cable disruptions, its subsidiary demonstrated its capabilities by swiftly recovering over 3 Terabits per second (Tbps) of capacity across its footprint.

The statement reads, “As of March 19, 2024, Bayobab Group, a subsidiary of MTN Group, has successfully restored its operations, recovering over 3 Terabits per second (Tbps) of capacity across our footprint.

“Although the recent subsea cable disruptions on 14 March 2024 presented challenges, we have demonstrated our capabilities to maintain a resilient network and efficiently reroute traffic.

“Throughout this challenging period, we prioritised the restoration of services by swiftly activating new cables to increase inter-connectivity and establish alternative routes, thereby bolstering our network resilience.

“This approach solidifies our commitment to prioritising network reliability and our dedication to connecting Africa and our customers as quickly as possible, marking the final stretch toward connecting all our valued customers.

“Bayobab’s ecosystem facilitates secure and scalable global traffic within Africa and the rest of the world serving 19 MTN markets, third-party Mobile Network Operators, Technology corporations and other Telecoms Service Providers,” the company stated.

Recall on Thursday, cuts to the undersea cable supplying broadband Internet connectivity to Nigeria and countries in the West African sub-region forced many banks, financial institutions, telecom companies, and allied firms to scale down their operations.

On Monday, the Nigerian Communications Commission announced in a statement that services had been restored to approximately 90 per cent of their peak utilisation capacities.

The statement reads, “Following the disruption on March 14, 2024, which affected data and voice services due to cuts in undersea fibre optics along the coasts of Cote d’Ivoire and Senegal, we are pleased to announce that services have now been restored to approximately 90 per cent of their peak utilization capacities.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/03/subsea-cable-services-successfully-restored-mtn/

4 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by EmmyMaestro(m): 11:44pm On Mar 19
So is MTN still having Network issues or should we go and start testing used recharge cards

3 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by Sektor101(m): 3:43am On Mar 20
Nice work

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by Johnson225(m): 3:45am On Mar 20
Good to have you back... i just cant cope with a poor netwrk, i get frustrated with that shii

6 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by Drsnives(m): 3:49am On Mar 20
Kweey
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by tishbite43: 3:50am On Mar 20
Engineering on another level

5 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by TANID(m): 3:53am On Mar 20
OK
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by lonelydora: 3:54am On Mar 20
Good news.

After frustrating me for days because I couldn't get into my emails because of SMS code of 2FA which didn't come

Finally called Microsoft to remove it from their end,. which they did. Well, I might just use authenticator
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by DEROX: 4:04am On Mar 20
angry LIAR

12 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by jubrilELsudan: 4:07am On Mar 20
LIES LIKE SEY DIA NETWORK DEY FIT PLAY VIDEOS NOW EVEN WHATSAPP CALL SEF NA WAR

8 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by sleek214(m): 4:11am On Mar 20
Nice one from the peoples choice

11 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by olowofariwo(m): 4:15am On Mar 20
Lie! I've been trying to download from nkiri.com without success

4 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by wizelink(m): 4:21am On Mar 20
How is NTN going to compensate all her customers for their patience during those times?

4 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by Rexnegro(m): 4:32am On Mar 20
Congratulations to mtn users
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by BluntCrazeMan: 4:40am On Mar 20
So, have they taken serious measures to prevent future reoccurrences.??
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by kennyz247(m): 5:09am On Mar 20
Thank God for that
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by blingxx(m): 5:15am On Mar 20
olowofariwo:
Lie! I've been trying to download from nkiri.com without success

The problem is from nkiri not mtn

3 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by osuolale95(m): 5:38am On Mar 20
Any link to Ogboni abeg

2 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by zebszebs: 5:40am On Mar 20
This is a lie!!!

2 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by CoronaVirusPro: 5:48am On Mar 20
tishbite43:
Engineering on another level

The cable was not restored. A microwave link was established pending when the fiber will be fixed, and that’s not extreme engineering.

6 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by Sniper101(m): 5:55am On Mar 20
In other words, MTN is back and BETTER?
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by Nahunger(m): 6:07am On Mar 20
sad
Idiots
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by Dyfynezz12(m): 6:32am On Mar 20
jubrilELsudan:
LIES LIKE SEY DIA NETWORK DEY FIT PLAY VIDEOS NOW EVEN WHATSAPP CALL SEF NA WAR
Mayb u should change ur phone
Even at the height of the network issue whatsapp calls were connecting fine

3 Likes

Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by anilahir490(m): 6:36am On Mar 20
Bayobab group, a Subsidiary of MTN Group, has successfully restored its services following subsea cable disruptions, recovering over 3 Terabits per second [Tbps] of capacity across its footprint.
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by CamsedVacancy: 6:55am On Mar 20
Waiting for Bharti Airtel...
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by Offpoint1: 6:59am On Mar 20
Fix the main problem
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by IBB007: 7:09am On Mar 20
Lol…no compensation
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by ViceGovernor: 7:20am On Mar 20
Big cap 🧢
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by Adufeamos: 7:49am On Mar 20
@ NAIRALAND PLS CONFIRM THIS INFO and let's know. This is kind of thing that should move to FP not obituary of Nairalander @Seun
Re: Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN by Adufeamos: 7:51am On Mar 20
@ NAIRALAND PLS CONFIRM THIS INFO and let's know. This is kind of thing that should move to FP not obituary of Nairalander @Seun
👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇Thanks

OtukomayaJNR:
Good morning daddies, mummies, my brothers and sisters on Nairaland.

Please I need your help.

My name is Olaoluwa. I am 32 and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was Sunday evening, and it was my remaining garri that I drank. I have not eaten any other food since Sunday evening other than the water that I have been drinking to gain some strength. I can no longer endure the hunger; my body is starting to shake. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate.

I live at No. 26, Osuolale Street, Bode Olude, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

If you live near me, please invite me for lunch; I am dying of hunger. May you never lack the good things in life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

My phone number is 0 9 0 6 6 0 4 0 6 5 2

Please help me with any amount; #600 will do a lot for me at this time.

Please, my bank details are:

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Olaoluwa

I want to sell my Vivo V3.

Price: 20k

Please if you live close to my street or around Bode Olude, Abeokuta, buy my phone. I need to buy food. I am beginning to feel pain in my stomach.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally Ultimate Method To Unlock FIFA 14 Apk Offline Mode / SAW THIS FLYING OBJECT IN MY STREET TODAY / Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.