Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat (382 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) / Jesus Vs Tithes / ''Tithes And Offerings Don't Buy Jets'' - Apostle Anselm Madubuko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by helinues: 1:32pm On Mar 20
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus organized his disciples and commanded them to take the message to all the nations {Matthew 28:19-20} they will need money for transportation, building worship centers in places where converts increases, to get Bibles and other Bible based publications, disaster relief materials and so on.

All these JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES (true Christians) are enjoying even though we don't pay tithes in cash!

Jesus Christ?, please that was in what century? Are the pastors transferring the collected tithes to Jesus?

Are we still living in stone age?
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:39pm On Mar 20
helinues:

Jesus Christ?, please that was in what century?
Are we still living in stone age?

Why do you want to chat with neighbours like me when we have nothing in common?

Who sent you to question what people choose to do with their life and money?

Well if you don't know that idea only came from Jesus of Nazareth you can never ever see anyone who has ordered people to go out and question what others do with their time or money except Jesus of Nazareth.

That's why his disciples call him "Lord"

What you're doing now is unwarranted if you have nothing to do with what your neighbours choose to do with their time, energy and money except if you must refer to what Jesus commanded! smiley
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by helinues: 1:42pm On Mar 20
MaxInDHouse:

Why do you want to chat with neighbours like me when we have nothing in common?

Who sent you to question what people choose to do with their life and money?

Well if you don't know that idea only came from Jesus of Nazareth you can never ever see anyone who has ordered people to go out and question what others do with their time or money except Jesus of Nazareth.

That's why his disciples call him "Lord"

What you're doing now is unwarranted if you have nothing to do with what your neighbours choose to do with their time, energy and money except if you must refer to what Jesus commanded! smiley

@emboldened, what are you doing on this thread? Why is it challenging to the religious people when their faith are being questioned?

People sow mostly where they are going to reap. Why do people continue donating their hard earned money all in the name of tithes yet get nothing in return ?
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by triplechoice(m): 1:47pm On Mar 20
helinues:

The people which have been donating all in the name of tithes, what do they get in return?

Tithing is religious obligation for the faithful

They don't expect to get anything tangible in return but blessings from their God whom they believe is pleased with such acts .

And it's proven that participation in religious activities or the fulfilment of religious vows can provide salutary effect on the mind. That may be the "return" who knows?
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by helinues: 1:49pm On Mar 20
triplechoice:

Tithing is religious obligation for the faithful

They don't expect to get anything tangible in return but blessings from their God whom they believe is pleased with such acts .

And it's proven that participation in religious activities or the fulfilment of religious vows can provide salutary effect on the mind. That may be the "return" who knows?

At emboldened is where the scam lies. Why are there so many poor religious people, not trying to shade any group oo but the lord chosen members are mostly living in an abject poverty, same from other sects.

Have those people being abandoned and neglected upon how they have been faithful to tithes donation?

Bring your money to the church so that you can be blessed by God. What a scam line.

What precisely are they doing with the money?
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by triplechoice(m): 1:50pm On Mar 20
helinues:

Why paying for something you won't benefit from? Have you bother to question those who made it so?

Do you pay tithe to any church or mosque?
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by helinues: 1:50pm On Mar 20
triplechoice:

Do you pay tithe to any church or mosque?

No
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by UnstableFC: 1:51pm On Mar 20
helinues:

At emboldened is where the scam lies. Why are there so many poor religious people, not trying to shade any group oo but the lord chosen members are mostly living in an abject poverty, same from other sects.

Have those people being abandoned and neglected upon how they have been faithful to tithes donation?

Bring your money to the church so that you can be blessed by God. What a scam line.

Is it a sad thing to be useful in that family?
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by UnstableFC: 1:51pm On Mar 20
helinues:

No
Shatap and be useful
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by triplechoice(m): 1:58pm On Mar 20
helinues:

I think you more interested here in discussing your anti religious sentiments than to discuss your own op .

Please be focused and provide valid reasons why churches and mosques should be taxed in Nigeria.

That's the only thing I'm interested in and not why so many poor church goers or whether religion is a scam.
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by helinues: 2:03pm On Mar 20
triplechoice:

I think you more interested here in discussing your anti religious sentiments than to discuss your own op .

Please be focused and provide valid reasons why churches and mosques should be taxed in Nigeria.

That's the only thing I'm interested in and not why so many poor church goers or whether religion is a scam.

Anti religious kwa.

Okay, let me tell you what inspired this. When you go online, you see people shouting hardships, expecting government to put food on their table even for the fact that they dont pay tax.

This thread was created on politics section before it was moved here. My point is, if those who are not paying tax are expecting something in return from government, what exactly have they gotten in return for tithing almost every Sunday?

Shouldn't their pastors and Imam come their needs during this hard time, after all the money they could have used to package this period have been donated to them. Or do they still need to wait for God's intervention?

You get the point now
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by UnstableFC: 2:07pm On Mar 20
helinues:

Anti religious kwa.

Okay, let me tell you what inspired this. When you go online, you see people shouting hardships, expecting government to put food of their table even for the fact that they dont pay tax.

This thread was created on politics section before it was moved here. My point is, if those who are not paying tax are expecting something in return from government, what exactly have they gotten in return for tithing almost every Sunday?

Shouldn't their pastors and Imam come their needs during this hard time, after all the money they could have used to package this period have been donated to them. Or do they still need to wait for God's intervention?

You get the point now

Death and more death to the pedophile prophet with his followers.

Death to Moha

Amin

Amin

Amin

Lo ruko jesu oluwa wa oooop
Aminnnn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by triplechoice(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20
helinues:

No

If you don't, why do you think you're in a better position to discuss something you're not part of or don't do in order to convince those currently paying to abandon the practice?

If you don't have a direct experience of what you're advising people against, you're not taking serious or listened to. You don't really know why they're doing it and what they might be benefiting from fulfilling such religious obligation.

I said , it's proven religious practices provide salutary effect on the human mind, but you ignored that.
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by helinues: 2:12pm On Mar 20
triplechoice:

If you don't, why do you think you're in a better position to discuss something you're not part of or don't do in order to convince those currently paying to abandon the practice?

If you don't have a direct experience of what you're advising people against, you're not taking serious or listened to. You don't really know why they're doing it and what they might be benefiting from fulfilling such religious obligation.

I said , it's proven religious practices provide salutary effect on the human mind, but you ignored that.

Why should those who are not paying taxes be expecting anything from the government?
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by UnstableFC: 2:13pm On Mar 20
helinues:

Why should those who are not paying taxes be expecting anything from the government?

Helinues a Man without a job is useless.

Now you see why they are looking at you to get a job?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by triplechoice(m): 3:04pm On Mar 20
helinues:

Anti religious kwa.

Okay, let me tell you what inspired this. When you go online, you see people shouting hardships, expecting government to put food on their table even for the fact that they dont pay tax.

You get the point now
I can't find anywhere in the Christian Bible or the Koran where it's stated that once a church person or Muslim pays their tithes and offerings, all their needs will be taken care of by their religious leaders to the extent they no longer have to bother themselves or complain about what the tax collecting government is expected to do for them ,but don't do.

BTW, how did you get to know that those religious persons who conplain online don't pay their taxes to government ?

And I repeat again, tithes and offerings are religious obligations which shouldn't be equated with payment of taxes to the government . They're not the same.

You need to support your op with something reasonable for it to sell.
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by triplechoice(m): 3:05pm On Mar 20
helinues:

And how do you know they're not paying?

Tell me
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by helinues: 3:07pm On Mar 20
triplechoice:

And how do you know they're not paying?

Tell me

Because it's logical
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by helinues: 3:08pm On Mar 20
triplechoice:

I can't find anywhere in the Christian Bible or the Koran where it's stated that once a church person or Muslim pays their tithes and offerings, all their needs will be taken care of by their religious leaders to the extent they no longer have to bother themselves or complain about what the tax collecting government is expected to do for them ,but don't do.

BTW, how did you get to know that those religious persons who conplain online don't pay their taxes to government ?

And I repeat again, tithes and offerings are religious obligations which shouldn't be equated with payment of taxes to the government . They're not the same.

You need to support your op with something reasonable for it to sell.

And I repeat again, tithes paying is a scam
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by Greenback: 3:41pm On Mar 20
helinues:

Because it's logical
Tubu chairman 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by triplechoice(m): 5:09pm On Mar 20
helinues:

Because it's logical

It's logical doesn't mean true.

You need to provide proof to support your accusations they don't pay their taxes.

You cannot say the civil servants amongst them don't pay. It's deducted from source once salaries are paid.

And these days it's hard for anyone doing business in Nigeria to escape from paying taxes.

Government agents are everywhere making sure people comply. Also, you're denied certain services if it's discovered you don't pay your taxes.

If you're not aware of any of these, then it's either you don't live in Nigeria or one of those who don't pay and because of that assume everyone does the same like you.
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by triplechoice(m): 5:14pm On Mar 20
helinues:

And I repeat again, tithes paying is a scam

You haven't succeeded in proving how it's a scam for those paying it.
Re: Tax Vs Tithes/sakkat by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:42pm On Mar 20
helinues:

@emboldened, what are you doing on this thread? Why is it challenging to the religious people when their faith are being questioned?
People sow mostly where they are going to reap. Why do people continue donating their hard earned money all in the name of tithes yet get nothing in return ?

I'm here because you want to chat with RELIGIOUS people on a forum that has religion section whereas you are against religion.

So it's you that's not supposed to be found on this section at all not the other way around.

If you're a normal human and feel like others have the right to choose whatever they will do with their time, money and energy just as you also chose yours then who sent you to question them? smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Set Your Hope Perfectly On Grace Part 4 / Peace Be With You / Remind Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.