Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies (15228 Views)

Tinubu Reacts To Sanwo-Olu's Move To Cancel Pension For Ex Governors & Deputies / Sanwo-Olu Seeks Law Cancelling Pension For Former Lagos Governors & Deputies / APC's Abdulrazaq To Repeal Foul Law Granting Pensions To Ex-governors, Deputies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Justnation: 10:32am On Mar 20
theysg:
Okay so now... we are fully behind Alex Otti.

Please note, i am not behind Labour party or Peter Obi gbajue or deceptions, my main support is for Gov. Alex Otti.

Because this man is setting himself apart from every other politicians out there, and this is what we need in Nigeria.

God Bless Gov. Alex Otti, God bless the people of Abia, God bless Nigeria.

If he was doing badly you have linked labour party and PETER OBI, continue to deceive yourself.

PETER OBI is the solution that Nigeria needs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Judolisco(m): 10:34am On Mar 20
TINTINABULATION:
A former Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Senator Gbenga Daniel started this crusade. Ogun State is the cradle of civility and every good thing in Nigeria.
gbenga only wrote for it to be stopped since he is in d senate.... After he comut senate dem go continue... Plus not all state pays their past govs
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Bizibi(m): 10:37am On Mar 20
Ikpeyi:

Wetin Ikpeazu do you....TA Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu were also former governors and their deputies. Your hatred for Ikpeazu will kee you and your household.

You can never near the positions Ikpeazu has held in your lifetime.
ikpeazu is a foolish man even ochendo abi what is that his predecessor name is also a short fool!!! That state was a big mess and you defending the fool!!!!! A fool that played politics on a project that would have changed abia state in 2019 infact I don't understand some of these politicians,they supposed to know they will exit that seat after 8 years.

I am not from South East but the way he played politics with that project just made me believe he is a big fool!!!!

1 Like

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by wacoj(m): 10:43am On Mar 20
Good things happening in Abia for once!
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by HUMANIIST(m): 10:44am On Mar 20
They should also scrap the pension for house of assembly members.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Samekaog: 10:44am On Mar 20
This is commendable, other states should follow suit. This are the people that have their people in mind.
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Ebubu2: 10:47am On Mar 20
olisaEze:
The former kerosene State is now running on jet fuel, all because the people for the first time looked beyond political & tribal affiliations. By 2027 I bet the rest SE States will vote competence over party or tribe. While the rest will still be stuck on defending certificateless drug barons & drug addicts, expecting water to drop from stone! grin
Kerosene stategrin funny name
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by sslcrypt: 10:49am On Mar 20
nony43:
Meanwhile look at what was passed in Lagos state house of Assembly under Tinubu as a governor.

The Public Office Holder (Payment of Pension) Law No 11 Official Gazette of 2007 states that former governors are entitled to a house each in preferred locations in Lagos and Abuja, the nation’s capital.

Section 2 reads: “One residential house each for the governor and the deputy governor at any location of their choice in Lagos State and one residential house in the Federal Capital Territory for the governor on two consecutive terms.”

The law provides for six new cars every three years, 100 per cent of the basic salary of the incumbent governor (N7.7million per annum), and free health care for the beneficiary and family members.

Former governors will be entitled to furniture allowance – 300 percent of annual basic salary (N23.3million); house maintenance allowance – 10 percent of annual basic salary (N778,296); utility allowance – 20 percent of annual basic salary (N1.5million), and car maintenance allowance – 30 percent of the annual basic salary (N2.3million).

There is also an entertainment allowance, 10 percent of the annual basic salary (N778,296); and a personal assistant who will earn 25 percent of the governor’s annual basic salary (N1.9million).

A former governor is also entitled to eight policemen and two Department of State Services (DSS) operatives for life.I

A prime example of a useless criminal

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Cmanforall: 10:52am On Mar 20
Gjrich:
https://politicsnigeria.com/abia-state-house-of-assembly-passes-bill-to-stop-pension-for-ex-governors-deputies/
Commendable

Imagine past governors getting pensions while serving as Senators

Politicians are enjoying the inefficiencies in Nigerian government
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:52am On Mar 20
theysg:

Please note, i am not behind Labour party or Peter Obi gbajue or deceptions, my main support is for Gov. Alex Otti.

Because this man is setting himself apart from every other politicians out there, and this is what we need in Nigeria.

Your useless support is not welcomed

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by ebenholer2(m): 10:52am On Mar 20
a great development…instead pay them off. Abia seems to be the only working state in the south east.🤓😎

1 Like

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Jokerman(m): 10:54am On Mar 20
Ikpeyi:

Wetin Ikpeazu do you....TA Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu were also former governors and their deputies. Your hatred for Ikpeazu will kee you and your household.

You can never near the positions Ikpeazu has held in your lifetime.

Lol .. Ikpeazụ get defenders??😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:57am On Mar 20
TINTINABULATION:
A former Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Senator Gbenga Daniel started this crusade. Ogun State is the cradle of civility and every good thing in Nigeria.

Except bad roads are not cradle for anything
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Ykc2(m): 10:57am On Mar 20
TINTINABULATION:
why is that you guys are behaving like black face ? In nigeria every song belongs to black face now everything in nigeria you guys claimed it was started by yorubas? So why was first car or first satellite not started in southwest?the day naija delta go vex

1 Like

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Urgent1Million: 10:58am On Mar 20
Benue should be next.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Chicagograduate(m): 10:58am On Mar 20
nony43:
Meanwhile look at what was passed in Lagos state house of Assembly under Tinubu as a governor.

The Public Office Holder (Payment of Pension) Law No 11 Official Gazette of 2007 states that former governors are entitled to a house each in preferred locations in Lagos and Abuja, the nation’s capital.

Section 2 reads: “One residential house each for the governor and the deputy governor at any location of their choice in Lagos State and one residential house in the Federal Capital Territory for the governor on two consecutive terms.”

The law provides for six new cars every three years, 100 per cent of the basic salary of the incumbent governor (N7.7million per annum), and free health care for the beneficiary and family members.

Former governors will be entitled to furniture allowance – 300 percent of annual basic salary (N23.3million); house maintenance allowance – 10 percent of annual basic salary (N778,296); utility allowance – 20 percent of annual basic salary (N1.5million), and car maintenance allowance – 30 percent of the annual basic salary (N2.3million).

There is also an entertainment allowance, 10 percent of the annual basic salary (N778,296); and a personal assistant who will earn 25 percent of the governor’s annual basic salary (N1.9million).

A former governor is also entitled to eight policemen and two Department of State Services (DSS) operatives for life.I

That law was drafted by ex VP osinbajo when he was attorney general under ex governor Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by IfnobeGod20: 11:01am On Mar 20
This is the type of bill we have been waiting for. Hoping the money will be directed to a judicious use. The amount of pension some ex go eenors are collecting in a year is enough to pay teachers for months in their state. Searchlight into Lagos, Rivers, Always Ibom, Kogi, Delta states. These states their ex governors are really milking them dry yearly.
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by 2tpick: 11:01am On Mar 20
olisaEze:
The former kerosene State is now running on jet fuel, all because the people for the first time looked beyond political & tribal affiliations. By 2027 I bet the rest SE States will vote competence over party or tribe. While the rest will still be stuck on defending certificateless drug barons & drug addicts, expecting water to drop from stone! grin

If you leave in abia state you will know that abians have been voting competence since 1999. It's the criminal state capture of abia state by PDP that has held development back for years. Every election has been rigged since 1999. 2023 could have gone the way of other previous elections if not for God's intervention through nnenna otti.

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by wunmi590(m): 11:02am On Mar 20

I wish this can be replicate in my state Lagos state..

What one man is taking alone is enough to feed the whole of Osun state

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Agapeunit(m): 11:05am On Mar 20
gazilion:
This is highly commendable! It is robbery to loot the state treasury and still be getting pensions from the dry purse you left behind.

I salute the house and the Governor of Abia State.

Can Lagos do this too
that means u dont read much about lagos govt,google or search d internet. Sanwo olu made this move in 2020 and dt naughty tinubu acted as if he is in support but later went back to attack sanwo olu. Former gov of ogun state gbenga daniel reject the bonuses i think this year or last year,saying they shouldnt send it to him again.
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by slowice(m): 11:05am On Mar 20
How can you loot and impoverish a state for 24 years combine and still get to collect pension from the left over they are managing.? That's how you know that our politicians are devils... Wicked devils

1 Like

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Cartelips: 11:06am On Mar 20
gazilion:
This is highly commendable! It is robbery to loot the state treasury and still be getting pensions from the dry purse you left behind.

I salute the house and the Governor of Abia State.

Can Lagos do this too

This is a good. I also hope the same house will pass a bill stopping House of Assembly members from getting pensions after their tenure expires
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Koval12(m): 11:06am On Mar 20
theysg:

Until he decides to run for the presidency, your bigotry will become fully activated. We know how your brain works

2 Likes

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by epainos: 11:07am On Mar 20
It seems Abia State is the only state that is ready to be progressive. God bless these law makers. I keep saying it, the day Igbo is ready to take up their destiny, they are unstoppable.

See, Igbo will overtake Lagos very soon if Lagos is not careful.

We need to stop awarding senators and house of rep, and rep in states money for community development. We shoukd erase that rubbish and let them do the only thing they should do...that is amend and make laws. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by CJStarz: 11:09am On Mar 20
insidelife22:
Ikpeazu will be pained
Nope.
Get your information right.
Ikpeazu is not receiving any pensions.
This administration even confirmed it.
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by CJStarz: 11:10am On Mar 20
Kingpele:
All this former crooks from orji ozor kanu to ikpeazu will be like am in severe pains.. right now...
Always get your facts straight before commenting.
Ikpeazu is not receiving any pensions.
You can talk about the two Orjis
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by mu2sa2: 11:11am On Mar 20
Mihaug:
Ghen ghen ...

Yaaaaay my first FTC in over 4 years of been a member of nairaland. Oga seun how market nau?
Congratulations on achieving a milestone in your life's ambition!

1 Like

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by CJStarz: 11:11am On Mar 20
Unclebright20:
This won't settle well for oke ikpeazu and his cronies.
U just dey call someone without proof.
Alex Otti's administration has confirmed that Okezie Ikpeazu is not on pension list. He wasn't collecting any pensions
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by BOMSTIK: 11:12am On Mar 20
Kudos to Abia State House of Assembly and I also hope other states Assembly will also join the cue,cos this so call pension after expiration of their tenure is milking the states dry.
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Bar1941(m): 11:21am On Mar 20
Imagin! With all what Orji Uzo Kalu stole from the state, he is still receiving pension!

1 Like

Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by Benekkk: 11:29am On Mar 20
Outstanding! Great effort by the current team of politicians in Abia state, from the Governor to the lawmakers! Set yourselves apart from all our other politifcians in Nigeria!!!
Re: Abia State Assembly Passes Bill To Stop Pension For Ex-Governors, Deputies by NwaliE01: 11:32am On Mar 20
Some of those criminals are still in the senate collecting salaries, kickbacks, constituency allowance, security allowance, etc and pension at the same time. Wicked and overly greedy people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos PDP Commends Ambode Over Abandoned Projects / Uche Nwosu: We Are For Buhari, Blackmail Us Or Not / Wike Promises Completion Of Road Projects In Seven Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.