Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria (36997 Views)

Security Guard Impregnates 3 Students In Anambra Anglican School / Security Guard Accused Of Defiling A 4-Year-Old Girl At Greater Scholars School / They Want To Stop Us Students From Voting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by ekhai(m): 2:52pm On Mar 20
alphaconde:
This will not happen in UK

Am told stinginess is what blows as breeze in that country
You're very correct. They're struggling to pay bills. And the tax on extra job is high.

2 Likes

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by t2luv1: 2:53pm On Mar 20
VibrantMan:

Are you from Abeokuta?

My Dad is from Abeokuta. He died when I was 3 so I don't know the man. Raised on my mother's side in Ijebu Ode. I grew up in Ijebu Ode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by ekhai(m): 2:55pm On Mar 20
DCmonster:
APC folks are brainless.
He is a security man yet lives the life most civil servants can't dream of or afford.
Just take a look at him and co.pare him with an average Nigerian security man.
What you are ignorant about is that security job in UK or USA is like CBN or oil worker in Nigeria. It's not easy to get after going through the training. It's very competitive.

1 Like

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by ekhai(m): 2:57pm On Mar 20
tonicyril:
Hmmmm

Why is he finding it difficult to raise fund to travel biko??

Abi no be America he dey again? How many times will the students pay for his trips?

He's in America, he should be making bunch of money if I am not Yesmiistaken
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by osazsky(m): 3:05pm On Mar 20
VibrantMan:
Good afternoon, well-meaning Nigerians,

Please I need your help Sir. I need your help Ma.

My name is Olaoluwa. I am 32 and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was Sunday evening, and it was my remaining garri that I drank. I have not eaten any other food since Sunday evening other than the water that I have been drinking to gain some strength. I can no longer endure the hunger; my body is starting to shake. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate.

I live at No. 26, Osuolale Street, Bode Olude, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

If you live near me, please invite me for lunch; I am dying of hunger. May you never lack the good things in life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

My phone number is 0 9 0 6 6 0 4 0 6 5 2

Please help me with any amount; #600 will do a lot for me at this time.

Please, my bank details are:

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Olaoluwa

I want to sell my Vivo V3.

Price: 20k

Please buy my phone. I need to buy food. I am beginning to feel pain in my stomach.
thunder fire u there..u never still die since last yr jan
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by Shikena(m): 3:05pm On Mar 20
On the internet, the tears of 100 people sounds like tears of one million people.

Personally, I have never seen a post with more than 1,000 likes on Nairaland, yet the place feels like old Oshodi market with hundreds of thousands of people.

People complain everywhere but majority of the people doing well hardly have time for the internet, only the few ones whose jobs or business makes it easy for them to do social media/internet forum stuff. The struggling ones tend to be more vocal and visible, and that's perfectly normal.

inoki247:

Lol where did u get your statistics from 90 percent even in my opinion I didn't add statistics....

If 90 percent are enjoying where's all the tears coming from Abroad of now is not like the olden days own unless you want to lie to urself....

Last night one my friend was still complaining Abt UK and how's lacking behind have bills to pay and schl fees..
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by t2luv1: 3:08pm On Mar 20
inoki247:

Lol where did u get your statistics from 90 percent even in my opinion I didn't add statistics....

If 90 percent are enjoying where's all the tears coming from Abroad of now is not like the olden days own unless you want to lie to urself....

Last night one my friend was still complaining Abt UK and how's lacking behind have bills to pay and schl fees..

Partner that is the UK it is very hard going over there due to their ill-conceived BREXIT policies. In the USA right now you got plenty of Jobs. Average hourly starting at $15 - $20 per hour even McDonald's paying $13 per hour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by TheWinterBird(f): 3:12pm On Mar 20
Awww
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by gaddafe(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20
This country Na cruise. I pray they don't kill this man when he arrives to the country
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by MagicalConcepts: 3:27pm On Mar 20
mozona:

No news is old for those that have not read or seen it.
Aki, you are right.
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by naija4life247: 3:31pm On Mar 20
The Security Guard is a shameless bastard. Na Ogun go kee him Mama. You are in US for over a decade working as a Security Guard. As you are disgracing Nigeria, Ogun go disgrace your Mama. You no go die well. People that started the same job with you have improved themselves and moved up to better jobs. Useless vagabond
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by TableLeg(m): 3:38pm On Mar 20
Alhamdullilah.

1 Like

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by ayoplenty: 3:41pm On Mar 20
Was there anywhere in the story that said he begged for the money, he was diligent and trustworthy that was why the students decided to surprise him. Pls work on yourself and stop this internet rascality.
naija4life247:
The Security Guard is a shameless bastard. Na Ogun go kee him Mama. You are in US for over a decade working as a Security Guard. As you are disgracing Nigeria, Ogun go disgrace your Mama. You no go die well. People that started the same job with you have improved themselves and moved up to better jobs. Useless vagabond

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by femi4: 3:43pm On Mar 20
Islie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R7YWy0vEjk

US students raise thousands of dollars to help security guard visit his family in Nigeria

https://thenationonlineng.net/us-students-raise-thousands-of-dollars-to-help-security-guard-visit-his-family-in-nigeria/
10yrs? Who is servicing his woman
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by femi4: 3:45pm On Mar 20
alphaconde:

No free money in the UK. The tax and other bi is killing and jobs are hard to get by

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by t2luv1: 3:51pm On Mar 20
naija4life247:

Exactly what I was thinking. I worked as a Security guard, which was my second job after arriving in the USA, my first job was busing tables in a restaurant in Evanston Illinois, near Chicago. while I was attending the University of Illinois, Circle in Chicago graduating as an Electrical engineer. The went on to the University of Michigan Ann Arbor for a Masters in Information Systems. That was a long time ago though. Why would he stay as a Security Guard for decades?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by frankson1(m): 3:56pm On Mar 20
alphaconde:

Forget the UK o cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by Christlike01: 4:05pm On Mar 20
SultanOfAbia:

His village people go hear am shocked shocked shocked
[b]$30k [/b]dollars is around 45 million

Village Mansion loading....
2 Muscular Bodyguard loading...
White BMW loading....
5 Cows and 10 Goats loading...
Chieftaincy title loading.....
All the Oloshos in his village loading....

This man will NEVER forget his visit to Nigeria
Now that $1 is 1600 grin grin grin grin
He fit buy his whole community still carry 4 olosho at once grin

Now is the best time for Abroad people to come to Nigeria and feel like Elon musk

$3k,not $30k as you put it, man!

1 Like

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by OvertheTop(m): 4:05pm On Mar 20
olisaEze:
The problem of this life started with the serpent, the first goody-two-shoes! Oga, a Nigerian man abroad who has not seen his family in over a decade is not because he can’t, but because he doesn’t want to! You have to be Nigerian to understand Nigeria and the burden of duty to family. Nice one from the kids, they shocked him. I hope he doesn’t shock them back!😁

He Might be Avoiding Home Deliberately ?
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by OvertheTop(m): 4:10pm On Mar 20
DCmonster:
APC folks are brainless.
He is a security man yet lives the life most civil servants can't dream of or afford.
Just take a look at him and co.pare him with an average Nigerian security man.

HOW Can you compare Him to a Nigerian Security man....
When We All Know: HIGH-Paying Job Guys in Nigeria (eg. Bankers) Travel there and Become Security Men.
So You need to compare Him to his Previous Job Level in Nigeria. He was probably a Banker (to be Able to Afford to Travel)

1 Like

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by DCmonster: 4:11pm On Mar 20
ekhai:
What you are ignorant about is that security job in UK or USA is like CBN or oil worker in Nigeria. It's not easy to get after going through the training. It's very competitive.
I am not the one you should be quoting. Read my post again, it's a response to what that guy said.
Myself and you are on thesame page "A security man in the USA is better than many civil servants in Nigeria".

1 Like

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by mofedamijo(m): 4:11pm On Mar 20
OdogwuAnambra:
WHICH GOOD HEALTH...IF YOU NO DEY INSURANCE NO GOOD HEALTH, IN UK IT TAKES A MONTH TO SEE A DOC

Health insurance is very expensive in the U.S, and if you get terribly sick, your health insurance might not even cover all the expenses. I know some friends here in the U.S who had an accident, his current bill is $450,000. Health insurance has paid the one they can cover, despite him paying health insurance for years.

U.K....hmmmm. some parts of the U.K, your appointment can take 8 months, same as Canada. Go to some hospitals in the U.K right now, and you will see that its not really efficient. In Nigeria, you can see a doctor in 30 mins, if you use a private hospital, same in India.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by oakenfold: 4:13pm On Mar 20
The American dream.
grin grin grin
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by OvertheTop(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20
eeithis:
What an incredible display of compassion and solidarity! of students banding together to raise a substantial amount to facilitate their security guard's journey to visit his family in Nigeria is nothing short of inspiring. It exemplifies the inherent goodness and generosity that exists within communities, transcending barriers of nationality and background. This act not only showcases the profound impact of empathy but also highlights the importance of recognizing and supporting those who contribute to our daily lives.

Look at it this way.....
This man Left a BANK Manager Job to be a Security man Abroad....
and Now, He can Afford transport Fare to go see his Family....

IS this Journey Abroad Worth it?

Do you think He will Travel with the Money to Nigeria?

NO., he will Most likely use it to survive there....
Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by DaddyJapan(m): 4:21pm On Mar 20
tonicyril:
na we say make he resigned waka go??

Anybody wey wan jakpa make hin jakpa, if he like make he no jakpa with sense, he will learn the hard way after 15yrs and can't even boast of 30k dollars in his account

If you know, you know.

Nearly half of Americans have $500 or less in their savings accounts, an amount that leaves them vulnerable to unexpected expenses, according to a GOBankingRates survey of 1,063 U.S. adults conducted in November 2023.

About 29% of respondents have between $501 and $5,000 in their savings accounts, while the remaining 21% of Americans have $5,001 or more.

Few hold much cash in their checking accounts as well. Of those surveyed, 60% report having $500 or less in their checking accounts, while only about 12% have $2,001 or more.

The lack of cash in either savings or checking accounts suggests that many Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. This leaves them vulnerable to unexpected expenses, underscoring the importance of having an emergency fund, if they’re able to build one.
Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/24/how-much-money-americans-have-in-savings.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by OvertheTop(m): 4:31pm On Mar 20
ekhai:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
CBN Job my foot!

But he Needs a GO FUND ME to Raise transportation Home
WOW

1 Like

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by VIKTO83(m): 4:34pm On Mar 20
In Nigeria those students would rather talk down and shit about him than help. They would rather make him feel less of himself. In fact some will paste his name on notice boards to make him feel like he's less human. D gossip go full everywhere...
That's d difference. The stupidity in Nigerians is inherent... If at all it can happen its gonna be from d rich class and celebrity.
But those kids has proven that even as a kid who has nothing, u can actually help feom the savings u made out of ur lunch money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Students Raise Huge Amount To Help Security Guard Visit His Family In Nigeria by OvertheTop(m): 4:35pm On Mar 20
ayoplenty:
Was there anywhere in the story that said he begged for the money, he was diligent and trustworthy that was why the students decided to surprise him. Pls work on yourself and stop this internet rascality.

He Begged Codedly
by Saying in almost any disscussion: i have not seen my family in a Decade to get Possible Sympathy...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Outstanding Result In Waec: What Does It Mean And When Shall It Be Released? / Bottle Cap Challenge: Teacher & Pupils Create Lagos' Logo Using Bottle Caps. / Maryam Kikelomo Adegbite Becomes UNIOSUN Overall Best Student With 4.91 GPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.