Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Misterc Is A Scammer Beware - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Misterc Is A Scammer Beware (697 Views)

See The Message A Scammer Sent Me (pics) / Phonecareikeja Is A SCAMMER! Beware Guys / See The Fake Credit Alert A Scammer Sent Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by ImFortress(m): 1:46pm On Mar 20
This Misterc guy posted under someone's comment that he can help track stolen phones.

So, after going through his account, seeing his account is over years old. And his post were consistent, I thought I could use his services.

I contacted him and sent imei on Monday 18/3/2024

We negotiated to 25k for tracking.

After I paid him

I had to mobilise people and Naval personnel.

He gave us a fake location screenshot.

Then went offline.

We went to the location to track the culprit, hoping he'd come online to share us live location. That's how this scammer kept us in the dark from 7pm to 10pm without taking calls. But the scammer came online on Nairaland around 11 to drop a comment but didn't bother to reply me who's been texting and calling since 7pm.

I called him with a different number the next morning being Tuesday and he picked and gave me some BS excuse, only to repeat the same "no response to text and call" again.

I called him again and he mistakenly picked and said we'd do it today by 10-11am being Wednesday. He's not responding.

Funny how I sent someone to pretend and text him on WhatsApp and he's replying fast. And even asking her to pay him 50k.

She asked him for his location, he said Alausa, she said shes in CV, that he should drop location to meet, he hasn't responded since

This is the scammers Opay
Collins Godwin.
This is his 08071812272

1 Like

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by ImFortress(m): 1:49pm On Mar 20
Chats with the lady

1 Like

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by ImFortress(m): 1:51pm On Mar 20
ImFortress:
This Misterc guy posted under someone's comment that he can help track stolen phones.

So, after going through his account, seeing his account is over years old. And his post were consistent, I thought I could use his services.

After I paid him

Then went offline.

We went to the location to track the culprit, hoping he'd come online to share us live location. That's how this scammer kept us in the dark from 7pm to 10pm without taking calls. But the scammer came online on Nairaland around 11 to drop a comment but didn't bother to reply me who's been texting and calling since 7pm.

I called him with a different number the next morning being Tuesday and he picked and gave me some BS excuse, only to repeat the same "no response to text and call" again.

I called him again and he mistakenly picked and said we'd do it today by 10-11am being Wednesday. He's not responding.

Funny how I sent someone to pretend and text him on WhatsApp and he's replying fast. And even asking her to pay him 50k.

She asked him for his location, he said Alausa, she said shes in CV, that he should drop location to meet, he hasn't responded since

Collins Godwin.
This is his 08071812272

Cc dragnet
Seun

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by CandidAdmin(m): 6:06pm On Mar 20
You sent money to a total stranger for their service?
You should have insisted service before payment.
Anyways, lesson learnt.
Misterc Collins Godwin. God go punish you!

5 Likes

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by Tecnophone: 8:09pm On Mar 20
whatever you do, always use ESCROW.

1 Like

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by ImFortress(m): 8:16pm On Mar 20
CandidAdmin:
You sent money to a total stranger for their service?

You should have insisted service before payment.

Anyways, lesson learnt.

Misterc
Collins Godwin. God go punish you!

Lesson learn.

I go dey look account age na... his name was untainted.

I had to make this post to taint that name so that no one falls for him on this account again

1 Like

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by Balablue64: 8:27pm On Mar 20
Op you claim to be wise but you are a complete dundee united, so after paying him money you now went to mobilize army as medicine after death.
Oya use your soldiers to go and arrest him, see obviously that guy is a sharp guy and he's wiser than you, u be mugu and mugu must fall for guyman to chop.
25k might be small but at least it can prepare a good pot of soup. this night that guy go cook better soup with plenty fish and meat for his family to enjoy.
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by NFBI: 8:38pm On Mar 20
Balablue64:
Op you claim to be wise but you are a complete dundee united, so after paying him money you now went to mobilize army as medicine after death.
Oya use your soldiers to go and arrest him, see obviously that guy is a sharp guy and he's wiser than you, u be mugu and mugu must fall for guyman to chop.
25k might be small but at least it can prepare a good pot of soup. this night that guy go cook better soup with plenty fish and meat for his family to enjoy.
What is bad in trusting someone?

Can't someone do the right thing for once?

1 Like

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by Balablue64: 8:45pm On Mar 20
NFBI:

Infact you have committed a crime for trusting a stranger, you ned to be sentenced, don't you hear that there's no love in the streets, trust no one, shine your eyes, please i need someone that will trust me and pay me money e don tey small.
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by NFBI: 8:52pm On Mar 20
Balablue64:

Infact you have committed a crime for trusting a stranger, you ned to be sentenced, don't you hear that there's no love in the streets, trust no one, shine your eyes, please i need someone that will trust me and pay me money e don tey small.
What is hard for a human being to do the right thing?
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by Scientheosopher(m): 10:28pm On Mar 20
This is why Seun urgently need to add escrow service. He seems not to understand that it's giving Nairaland a bad name. Because anyone played here would tell others to not buy anything online through Nairaland.

Now, paying a stranger before service, because they have a clean records is naivety. You forgot that change is a constant in life; someone that's good today may turn bad tomorrow. Heck! Satan was an angel!

And when you live in this our Yahoo generation, trust especially if it involves money and property, shouldn't exist in your vocabulary.

A good news is that you have his supposedly bank account details. Inform his bank; they may help you get your money. But you need to be patient.
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by Kelklein(m): 11:14pm On Mar 20
even with all the stories posted here everyday, you people will still be sending money to someone in 2024 just because you saw in his signature that he claimed he could track phones..

One random person fa online told you he could track phones, and you dont live in the same city or town with him to actually meet him physically in a standard location..

The two of you chatted and the next thing you sent him money.. now that your money is gone with the phone you are trying to track..🤔

See i dont even know what to tell you.. you have lost enough
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by noobody(m): 1:00am On Mar 21
Na them,
@Everythingphones @Giftedhand47 aka cursed hands

Anybody who claims they can help you track are all frauds,

I repeat,except you have iOS with iCloud on or redmi with mi account activated,none of these frauds can ever be of help!!
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by okunwaye(m): 4:12am On Mar 21
Balablue64:
dead brain don drop comment

2 Likes

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by okunwaye(m): 4:15am On Mar 21
Balablue64:

sub-human resoning from a 3rd world shithole

1 Like

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by Juliearth(f): 4:22am On Mar 21
ImFortress:

After I paid him

Then went offline.

Collins Godwin.
This is his 08071812272

Since it was a service-based transaction, you should have insisted on payment after service or escrow. Judging by the antecedent on this platform, it's safe to say that there are more scammers than legitimate business men( I stand to be corrected).

You should have entrusted the uniformed men to track the phone thief. I guess it's still not late to do so.

All the best!
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by Juliearth(f): 4:26am On Mar 21
NFBI:

I really wonder. Such thwarted mentality. These are people that enable scammers. They always yap about how the victim ought to have been smart...but are we supposed to lie and swindle people of their money?
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by DenreleDave(m): 7:02am On Mar 21
ImFortress:

After I paid him

Then went offline.

Collins Godwin.
This is his 08071812272

You were fulllish go have sent money to an opay account... That's where u made a big mistake....

1 Like

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by DenreleDave(m): 7:04am On Mar 21
NFBI:

The guy na mumu, if he must trust someone, it shud not be a stranger that sent opay, Palmpay, moniepoint for transactions
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by ImFortress(m): 12:43pm On Mar 21
Juliearth:

Since it was a service-based transaction, you should have insisted on payment after service or escrow. Judging by the antecedent on this platform, it's safe to say that there are more scammers than legitimate business men( I stand to be corrected).

You should have entrusted the uniformed men to track the phone thief. I guess it's still not late to do so.

All the best!

Our uniform men will just keep extorting you till you get tired or till they apprehend the culprit. Dem no dey help matters.

You'll have to be lucky or have connections for smooth tracking.

My pain is that, he would have scammed other people before me, and they didn't tag or quote him on here.

In as much as I made the mistake of not using escrow. I did a little background search on him and no one tainted his image. So, I'll do justice, so that no one falls for this account again.
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by ImFortress(m): 12:45pm On Mar 21
DenreleDave:

You were fulllish go have sent money to an opay account... That's where u made a big mistake....

I'm fullish. Okay. Did you know that the most transactions I've transacted is from Nairaland.
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by DenreleDave(m): 1:32pm On Mar 21
ImFortress:

I'm fullish. Okay. Did you know that the most transactions I've transacted is from Nairaland.

I do transactions on nairaland... If na opay Palmpay, I use escrow... If na other banks, I am still very much careful.

Someone that tracks phone, he is a ghost....

If u av been doing this, then why shud u send money to an opay account especially a stranger on nairaland?
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by Juliearth(f): 4:21pm On Mar 21
ImFortress:

Our uniform men will just keep extorting you till you get tired or till they apprehend the culprit. Dem no dey help matters.

You'll have to be lucky or have connections for smooth tracking.

My pain is that, he would have scammed other people before me, and they didn't tag or quote him on here.

In as much as I made the mistake of not using escrow. I did a little background search on him and no one tainted his image. So, I'll do justice, so that no one falls for this account again.

One lesson I have had to learn when it comes to buying here is that no matter how stainless the person seems, do not thread virtually. Business should be done physically or you use an escrow. People don't also like to talk about their ordeals. I'm sure you noticed that some people were blaming you for not being on top of the situation.

Let us not ponder over spilled milk. My simple advise is to look for a sure military link or leave this be. Let karma deal with the thief. I know it's hard nut to swallow, but let go!

All the best!
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by ImFortress(m): 8:12pm On Mar 21
Juliearth:

One lesson I have had to learn when it comes to buying here is that no matter how stainless the person seems, do not thread virtually. Business should be done physically or you use an escrow. People don't also like to talk about their ordeals. I'm sure you noticed that some people were blaming you for not being on top of the situation.

Let us not ponder over spilled milk. My simple advise is to look for a sure military link or leave this be. Let karma deal with the thief. I know it's hard nut to swallow, but let go!

All the best!

Thanks.

I don't even have this guy's time.

Na phone wey dey miss dey bother me.
25k na change.

But a disclaimer is very crucial for other unsuspecting people like me out there.

Thanks for the kind words.
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by Juliearth(f): 11:12pm On Mar 21
ImFortress:

Thanks.

I don't even have this guy's time.

Na phone wey dey miss dey bother me.
25k na change.

But a disclaimer is very crucial for other unsuspecting people like me out there.

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm sure this disclaimer would prove handy in the future. Trust also, that this thief would meet his Waterloo soon.
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by ImFortress(m): 9:36am On Mar 22
So he came back to say he's not a scammer.

Read chats below

What a joker

Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by ImFortress(m): 12:34pm On Apr 06
ImFortress:

After I paid him

Then went offline.

Collins Godwin.
This is his 08071812272
Re: Misterc Is A Scammer Beware by Urchman27(m): 1:54pm On Apr 06
[quote author=ImFortress post=129295895][/quote]
Screenshot his profile and add to the post

(1) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Lights Up TECNO CAMON 30 Launch With Electrifying Performance / How Many Times Per Day Do You Text (sms). / Unbeatable Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.