Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP (3884 Views)

Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC / I'll Kill GEJ, His Wife And You If Anyone Attempts To Remove Me - Gov Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Nobody: 3:31am On Nov 15, 2011
Bayelsa Guber: Sylva Heads For Court

From TONY OSAUZO, Benin
Tuesday, November 15, 2011

[b]Embattled Bayelsa State Governor, Timipre Sylva, has decided to legally challenge his disqualification by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from contesting the November 19 state governorship primary election.

Daily Sun learnt from an impeccable source close to the governor that Sylva’s lawyers filed an application at a Yenagoa High Court yesterday, praying the court to stop the primaries from holding on Saturday until the suit is determined. 

He is also challenging the decision of the National Working Committee of the party, which barred him from the primaries without giving ‘cogent reasons’ for his disqualification.
Sylva wants the court to declare whether the NWC had the powers to stop him when such provision was not expressly stated in the constitution of the party. 
“The governor has filed applications at the court today (yesterday). His lawyers are already filing papers as we speak.

“As a loyal party man, he believes it is within his right to defend his ambition. After all, the party did not state what his offence was unlike the case of Alaibe, Murray-Bruce and Igali,” the source said.

The PDP National Publicity Secretary, Professor Rufai Ahmed Alkali, through a statement on Sunday, announced that the incumbent Bayelsa chief executive and three other aspirants – Chief Timi Alaibe, Mr Ben Murray-Bruce and Dr Godknows Igali – have been disqualified from the primaries.
The party only said after a review of the reports of the governorship screening and the governorship appeal screening panels and that after a painstaking examination of all the issues raised about each aspirant, the NWC cleared seven out of 11 of them.
Those cleared include Boloubo Orufa, Seriake Dickson, Christopher Enai and Youpele Kalango. Others were Francis Doukpola, Francis Ekiyegha and Austin Febo.

Sylva had dared the party last Saturday when he held a massive rally in Yenagoa during which he announced his candidature for the primary election, based on the provisional clearance certificate issued by the governorship screening panel in Port Harcourt on October 27.
He claimed the clearance certificate was valid as it was issued by a properly constituted organ of the party.
Apart from the suit, Daily Sun learnt that Sylva is also plotting other strategies to ensure his re-election bid is not torpedoed by the PDP, one of which is to defect to another party to actualise his second term ambition.
“But that is a decision that would be taken after exploring other avenues within the party and within the ambit of the law,” the source further stated.

His Chief Press Secretary, Mr Doifie Ola, could not be reached on his mobile telephone as at press time just as he did not also respond to an SMS on the matter.[/b]

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/15/national-15-11-2011-009.html
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Beaf: 4:02am On Nov 15, 2011
Lol! Dem winsh di guy! shocked
The plot was so tight that he was left with no time to regroup in ACN.
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 15, 2011
I heard he's likely going to join APGA not ACN
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Pukkah: 6:33am On Nov 15, 2011
Sylva is sinking deeper by the day. Didn't he say the President was supporting him when he declared his interest?

Is the reason for stopping him not apparent to him? How can he be comparing himself with Bruce, Igali and Alaibe?
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by begwong: 11:58am On Nov 15, 2011
Na by force??if he knows he is capable of leading the state he should not be afraid to vie for the seat on other party"s platform. If your head correct follow the path Rochas took when he was banished by the [b]P[/b]eople[b] D[/b]eceiv[b]e P[/b]eople
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by badesco(m): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
May he is thinking that is own too will be like that of Gov. Ameachi of Rivers but unfortunately it can not be and It is rather too late to cry now when the head is already cut off. by the way Which court is he heading to ? Naija court or hell court? The guy should just forget the whole thing afterall he has spent a term, so he should allow others to serve too.
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by brainpulse: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2011
Beaf:

I laugh in Goodluck grin grin
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by bisiaet: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2011
Sometime it sound so funny seen people taking this sort of action in case like this. Did this man has a good adviser at all? Because he has just embarked in another journey of time, money and resources wastage. His party leadership said they are NOT willing to see HIM go for election again and he is heading to court is it for court to impose him on his party? And by the way which court, Nigeria court? Oh its a sorry case. Hon. Govt just move on and forget this issue, too late now for any miracle is either you take it that way as a party man or exit the party going to court will frustrate you the more.
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by mbulela: 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
Beaf:

How did ACN enter this equation?
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by mbulela: 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2011
lawyers are always looking for a reason to eat money.
what is there to challenge in court?
a group you belong to refused you an opportunity to represent them.
Is it by force?
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by otokx(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2011
Act 3 scene 1; nice view from this angle.
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by bisiaet: 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2011
lawyers are always looking for a reason to eat money.
what is there to challenge in court?
a group you belong to refused you an opportunity to represent them.
Is it by force?

I'm surprise too because I dont know what case he is going to present in the court.
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by expert555: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
Greed and pain will be your portion forever, Amen. This stupid political robber decides to bring crisis to his state. Is governor for ever, eventually one day you will not be governor. What is the heck between now and 4 years time that somebody must die. May all you generation perish in fire. Not that I supported any of you because everyone knows you are all dying for your self and family to loot the state. If you can't get it through state allocation you will simply go the financial markets to borrow billions. Disgusting shameless bastards.
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Knight1(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2011
I DON'T LIKE SYLVA AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BUT I SUPPORT THIS MOVE. WHAT RUBBISH IS SCREENING?
IN A DEMOCRATIC SETTING? HE IS MADE ELIGIBLE TO CONTEST ELECTION BY THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AND NOT THAT OF PDP!!!
HE WAS ELIGIBLE WHEN HE PAID FOR THE TICKET, NOW HE'S DISQUALIFIED? WHAT ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by ugosly(m): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2011
The guy is lucky he is messing with a cool headed dude lyk the president!!
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2011
ugosly:

The guy is lucky he is messing with a cool headed dude lyk the president!!

You mean he is messing with a Retardeed dude like Odechukwu Retardeen Jonathan
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2011
Knight1:

I DON'T LIKE SYLVA AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BUT I SUPPORT THIS MOVE. WHAT RUBBISH IS SCREENING?
IN A DEMOCRATIC SETTING? HE IS MADE ELIGIBLE TO CONTEST ELECTION BY THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA AND NOT THAT OF PDP!!!
HE WAS ELIGIBLE WHEN HE PAID FOR THE TICKET, NOW HE'S DISQUALIFIED? WHAT ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
they know the politics they're playing. Leave it to them to woe themselves
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2011
Fighting back? He probabely want to end up in jail after his term expired
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2011
hmm, odechukwwu retardeen, forget sylva and do your job or have you forgotten your job, i can remind you go and kill those almajiris, @poster why did'nt you mention that that was the handwork of ''ODECHUKWU lipsrsealed
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by lagcity(m): 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2011
I don't know much abt Sylva but the National PDP is rotten in this case. Why are the National PDP bosses interfering with State PDP affairs? It is Bayelsa PDP who can throw Sylva out, not some arseholes dictating from Abuja PDP headquarters.
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Bright2(m): 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2011
God has his own ways of retrieving back our stollen money from these politicians & this is one of the ways tongue before he realises himself some of the money will be back to Nigeria & the game will be over.Nigeria judiciary? I laugh in OBJ language.
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2011
i banish pdp and their acolytes into the abyss.
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2011
and all crooked politicians
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by doctokwus: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2011
Those whom d gods want to destroy,they first make mad
Re: Gov. Sylva Heads To Court To Challenge His Disqualification By PDP by Lanni: 12:31am On Nov 16, 2011
Jonathan failed to keep to promise, he promised return ticket for members of the governor forum who are yet to take another tenure.thus sylvia is not a saint; but president Jonathan cannot be trusted by his word(s)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways Was A Failure – Obasanjo / 10 Lag Buses Seized In Ota, After Fashola Impounded Obasanjo’s Farm Vehicle. / Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.