Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

"you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / "you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa (15139 Views)

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) / How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / Window 7 Build 7601 This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine...help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa by jma32883: 4:54am On Nov 15, 2011
This morning I logged on my computer and it gave me this message on the lower right of my screen "you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. This copy of windows did not pass genuine windows validation" I've had this computer for about 4 1/2 years and it surprised me since its never done this, please someone help? Why is it doing this, the operating system has never been re-installed or messed with.
Re: "you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa by Ojukwu24(m): 9:51am On Nov 15, 2011
Just download Remove WAT from here http://solagroups.com/solarack/Remove%20WAT.rar Just run it and click remove wat and your problem will be solved.
Re: "you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa by ultraGM: 3:06pm On Nov 15, 2011
jma32883:

Why is it doing this, the operating system has never been re-installed or messed with.
The reason why is that Before you shut down, you computer Had undergoes Windows Update and Microsoft has a way of checking if you have activate your Window Operating System through Windows Update. Pls Don't Download anything if you Buy your Laptop/Desktop New. what you should do is that; go to microsoft.com/genuine
and follow the procedure to verify your Copy of Window Operating System. there is a Label at the buttom of you laptop of side of desktop that contain Key for Validating Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA).

But if you can't prove that you buy the Computer in tear leather go ahead and Download but be careful of Virus
Re: "you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa by ultraGM: 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2011
Also try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916247 for Help in case any problem
Re: "you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa by Ojukwu24(m): 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2011
Sorry for the multiple posts, its was due to bad network and I was using my phone for the post. Just like what @UltraGM has said, ur system downloaded an update and that caused it. If you are sure your OS is not a pirated, u can try Microsoft support. But I assure you downloading that software from that link won't cause any harm, cus I just used it few weeks ago when I had the same issue.
Re: "you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa by Step84(m): 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2012
i really appreciate this. do you know that the moment i tried it, it worked and the problem has now been solved. am very happy indeed and i say a big thank you. cheers!
Re: "you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa by MrTemple(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2012
Tanks, dis really helped on a̶̲̥̅̊ frnds system. wink

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Your Memory Card As A Ram For Your Pc. / Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Hundreds Of Thousands May Lose Internet Access In July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.