Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

‘i've Issues With Jesus, Can’t Give Him Full Control; I’m God Of Me’: Kanye West - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘i've Issues With Jesus, Can’t Give Him Full Control; I’m God Of Me’: Kanye West (171 Views)

My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! / Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘i've Issues With Jesus, Can’t Give Him Full Control; I’m God Of Me’: Kanye West by Kokobig: 6:05pm On Mar 20
Famous American Rapper Kanye West said in a recent interview that he has “issues with Jesus” and would rather take things into his “own hands” than give Jesus full control.

West made this known in an interview with radio personality Big Boy, where he appeared with fellow rapper Ty Dolla $ign, a collaborating artist on his new album Vultures 1.

The interview, which lasted for over an hour was posted to Big Boy TV YouTube channel on Sunday

“I have my issues with Jesus,” West began. “There’s a lot of stuff I went through, and I prayed, and I ain’t see Jesus show up.”

“I had to put my experience in this world, my experience with my children, my experience with other people, my experience with my account, my experience with my brand and my experience with the level of music that I was dealing with, in my own hands.”

West criticized American Christians in society today as not being proactive enough when given opportunities to help others.

Later in the interview, West claimed that he is God of himself.

‘Cause I’m God,” he said, when asked about his success in the music industry and how he hasn’t “disappeared.” “And anyone who wants to disagree, I’m the God of me. You can’t tell me who I am. I can’t tell y’all. I could tell y’all. It’s your job to listen. I’m the God of me. I don’t know if I’m in heaven already.”

Recall that Kanye garnered several attentions and headlines in 2019 after his open acceptance of Christianity and public conversion to the Christian faith. He also released his Jesus is King album same year. He also spent over $50 million performing “Sunday Service” events across the country, which he once said was an effort to spread the Gospel.

https://believersportal.com/i-have-issues-with-jesus-cant-give-him-full-control-im-the-god-of-me-kanye-west/

Re: ‘i've Issues With Jesus, Can’t Give Him Full Control; I’m God Of Me’: Kanye West by CoronaVirusPro: 6:07pm On Mar 20
Kanye is sick. Disregard his utterances!

That same utterance almost wrecked him completely, and still will never keep shut.

2 Likes

Re: ‘i've Issues With Jesus, Can’t Give Him Full Control; I’m God Of Me’: Kanye West by 123yes(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20
What do you expect from a man who only like to marry harlots as wife. Despite his wealth and affluence, to me he cannot think straight. His talk, his life
Re: ‘i've Issues With Jesus, Can’t Give Him Full Control; I’m God Of Me’: Kanye West by Aboks(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20
Will u keep quiet
Re: ‘i've Issues With Jesus, Can’t Give Him Full Control; I’m God Of Me’: Kanye West by Image123(m): 6:22pm On Mar 20
Some people without any modicum of discernment were shouting hallelujah that this one was born again. SMH

2 Likes

Re: ‘i've Issues With Jesus, Can’t Give Him Full Control; I’m God Of Me’: Kanye West by illicit(m): 7:07pm On Mar 20
This guy don mad...

Don't ye know?

(1) (Reply)

Lady Sheds Massive Tears After Claiming She Saw Jesus (video) / Tormenting Your Soul! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/09/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.