Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,235 members, 7,829,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

i'm Still Pondering About This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / i'm Still Pondering About This (394 Views)

I've Been Pondering On This Question / I've Been Pondering On This Question / Reflection 8: Pondering The Chaplet Of Divine Mercy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 8:55pm On Mar 20
Why do religious folks seek medical attentions when they have an Almighty God who can hear and answer them instantly when they pray for sound health
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:52pm On Mar 20
Busybrain2233:

Why do religious folks seek medical attentions when they have an Almighty God who can hear and answer them instantly when they pray for sound health

That is what FALSE RELIGION taught you God never promised His worshipers instant health care now in His word He said the HERBS He created in the fields are for our sound health! Psalms 104:14

He promised a time when He will forgive all our sins it's then that sicknesses resulting from mankind's disobedience will disappear for good not now.

Meanwhile He often cure some of His worshipers miraculously because of the work they are doing which may stop due to poor health condition but he never promised to always do such.

That's the truth!

3 Likes

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by jaephoenix(m): 10:44pm On Mar 20
MaxInDHouse:

That is what FALSE RELIGION taught you God never promised His worshipers instant health care now in His word He said the HERBS He created in the fields are for our sound health! Psalms 104:14

He promised a time when He will forgive all our sins it's then that sicknesses resulting from mankind's disobedience will disappear for good not now.

Meanwhile He often cure some of His worshipers miraculously because of the work they are doing which may stop due to poor health condition but he never promised to always do such.

That's the truth!
The herbs are not enough to cure disease. I have told you that, u dis illiterate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:54pm On Mar 20
jaephoenix:

The herbs are not enough to cure disease. I have told you that, u dis illiterate

Thanks for the compliment! smiley

There can't be any permanent cure until God's Kingdom comes, the people miraculously cured in the Bible got sick again and those resurrected died again so it's in God's kingdom that sickness will be gone for good.

That's what God promised:

And no resident will say: “I am sick.” The people dwelling in the land will be pardoned for their error. Isaiah 33:24

What God promised us now is not permanent cure the herbs are to keep us going so that we can do some work not permanent cure:

He is making grass grow for the cattle And vegetation for mankind’s use, To grow food from the land. Psalms 104:14

Note what the Psalmist said about the herbs.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:00am On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:

thats because they are a bunch of hypocrites... THEY BRAINSWASH YOU ABOUT SOME YEYE PARADISE BUT DO EVERYTHING TO NOT GET THERE TOO SOON.

i mean, why does the pope (or any of theses yeye pastors) walk around with security and/or drives in a bullet proof car?!?!

3 Likes

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by kingxsamz(m): 10:03am On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:

Same reason their pastors move with body guards and armed men. There's no power in what they believe in. When a Christian prays, he wishes his prayers will manifest. And if nothing happens he makes excuses for it. If your father saw you dying of thirst and he can help you, why then would he hesitate or not help at all?

4 Likes

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Emusan(m): 10:33am On Mar 21
MaxInDHouse:
That is what FALSE RELIGION taught you

But you later agreed with the FALSE TEACHING of Religion in the last part of your post below.

God never promised His worshipers instant health care now

The same you said here: "Meanwhile He often cure some of His worshipers miraculously because of the work they are doing which may stop due to poor health condition but he never promised to always do such."

You tried to be clever by half and play smart but you went to contradict yourself.

"God OFTEN CURE SOME OF HIS WORSHIPPERS MIRACULOUSLY....But He(God) never promised to ALWAYS do such"

in His word He said the HERBS He created in the fields are for our sound health! Psalms 104:14

Yet Jesus HEALED many without telling them to use HERBS.

The post wasn't about sickness disappearing for GOOD now but healing to sickness for now.

If you've never received HEALING from God then you should question the God you're serving because Jesus healed many and promised His disciples that they'll do more than Him.

That's the truth!

That is contradiction compare to what you said above.

4 Likes

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 10:40am On Mar 21
The funny thing about you guys is that u always make out excuses for your God.

The same Bible you quoted says in Matt7:7...Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you...This place is not telling you to ask and sometimes it will be given to you, if you read carefully you will discover that there's certainty in what that passage is telling you, provided you ask.

So I repeat, why seek medical attentions when you can always ask your God for instant healing and your wish will be granted

MaxInDHouse:

That's the truth!

2 Likes

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Emusan(m): 10:41am On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:

Religion folks started medical procedure, so definitely they know the difference between when God talks about healing and when God has given us HERBS for our use.
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 10:59am On Mar 21
Pope Francis once said:“There is no hell where the souls of sinners suffer in eternity.”

This could also mean that there's no heaven where the souls of righteous would have joy eternity.

So nah here all the suffer and enjoyments dey, the rest nah Bobo Juice.

MrBrownJay1:

thats because they are a bunch of hypocrites... THEY BRAINSWASH YOU ABOUT SOME YEYE PARADISE BUT DO EVERYTHING TO NOT GET THERE TOO SOON.

i mean, why does the pope (or any of theses yeye pastors) walk around with security and/or drives in a bullet proof car?!?!

2 Likes

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 11:19am On Mar 21
Nothing surprises me more than hearing "God is testing me with the illness to know whether I truly have faith in him"

Then I would always wonder why an Omniscient God would be testing his beloved children for what he already knows

kingxsamz:

Same reason their pastors move with body guards and armed men. There's no power in what they believe in. When a Christian prays, he wishes his prayers will manifest. And if nothing happens he makes excuses for it. If your father saw you dying of thirst and he can help you, why then would he hesitate or not help at all?
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 11:23am On Mar 21
Where did you get the notion of religious folks started medical procedure?

Where/what are your proofs for such claim

Emusan:

Religion folks started medical procedure, so definitely they know the difference between when God talks about healing and when God has given us HERBS for our use.
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 11:27am On Mar 21
1000 likes for you sir.

Emusan:

But you later agreed with the FALSE TEACHING of Religion in the last part of your post below.

The same you said here: "Meanwhile He often cure some of His worshipers miraculously because of the work they are doing which may stop due to poor health condition but he never promised to always do such."

You tried to be clever by half and play smart but you went to contradict yourself.

"God OFTEN CURE SOME OF HIS WORSHIPPERS MIRACULOUSLY....But He(God) never promised to ALWAYS do such"

Yet Jesus HEALED many without telling them to use HERBS.

The post wasn't about sickness disappearing for GOOD now but healing to sickness for now.

If you've never received HEALING from God then you should question the God you're serving because Jesus healed many and promised His disciples that they'll do more than Him.

That is contradiction compare to what you said above.
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:43am On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:

The funny thing about you guys is that u always make out excuses for your God.
The same Bible you quoted says in Matt7:7...Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you...This place is not telling you to ask and sometimes it will be given to you, if you read carefully you will discover that there's certainty in what that passage is telling you, provided you ask.
So I repeat, why seek medical attentions when you can always ask your God for instant healing and your wish will be granted

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, well you tried but that is not what Jesus meant.

Many of his first century disciples got sick and were never cured miraculously as you think for instance Timothy a born again Christian in the first century had stomach ulcers but instead of miraculous cure he was told to get medicine containing wine (alcoholic) like herbal remedy! 1Timothy 5:23

So if the first century Jewish disciples of Christ didn't have such idea regarding what Jesus said how come you think it's all about whatever they wanted?

Well the truth remains that Jesus knew his disciples would want to do the best they can in the assignment he gave them so it's regarding this task that he's telling them to ask, seek and find ways to go about it not personal issues like sickness! wink
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 12:07pm On Mar 21
At the emboldened how did you know it's not personal issues like sickness?

Ain't you adding what the Bible did not say?

MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, well you tried but that is not what Jesus meant.

Many of his first century disciples got sick and were never cured miraculously as you think for instance Timothy a born again Christian in the first century had stomach ulcers but instead of miraculous cure he was told to get medicine containing wine (alcoholic) like herbal remedy! 1Timothy 5:23

So if the first century Jewish disciples of Christ didn't have such idea regarding what Jesus said how come you think it's all about whatever they wanted?

Well the truth remains that Jesus knew his disciples would want to do the best they can in the assignment he gave them so it's regarding this task that he's telling them to ask, seek and find ways to go about it not personal issues like sickness! wink
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:27pm On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:

At the emboldened how did you know it's not personal issues like sickness?
Ain't you adding what the Bible did not say?

Because he never promised them that they're going to be exempted from whatever affects others humans including health issues so if they never fall sick or they're always cured miraculously would you have chosen to be an atheist knowing fully well that there's a religion you can join where neither you or your family members will be sick?

Guy this is common sense if there's a religion where everything they want is always at their disposal even you will force yourself to be a member whether you believe or not.

So God doesn't want people to worship him simply because of what they want rather out of love and appreciate for what He made accessible to all. Matthew 5:45

Of course people like you won't appreciate such you want more than what everyone has that's why you're an atheist! smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 1:18pm On Mar 21
If religious people are always cured miraculously or exempted from various afflictions of this world, I would be a religious person. But untill then I rather remain an Atheist.

That's why all religions are mere cultures that are glorified to be divine.

Worshipping a God out of love from what he/she/it has made accessible such as earthquakes, tsunami, mosquitoes, etc...

Yes of course, it would make you stand tall amongst your equal.
People would see genuine reasons to worship your God, if you get more than what a regular human gets.

MaxInDHouse:

Because he never promised them that they're going to be exempted from whatever affects others humans including health issues so if they never fall sick or they're always cured miraculously would you have chosen to be an atheist knowing fully well that there's a religion you can join where neither you or your family members will be sick?

Guy this is common sense if there's a religion where everything they want is always at their disposal even you will force yourself to be a member whether you believe or not.

So God doesn't want people to worship him simply because of what they want rather out of love and appreciate for what He made accessible to all. Matthew 5:45

Of course people like you won't appreciate such you want more than what everyone has that's why you're an atheist! smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by capnies: 1:57pm On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:
Pope Francis once said:“There is no hell where the souls of sinners suffer in eternity.”

This could also mean that there's no heaven where the souls of righteous would have joy eternity.

So nah here all the suffer and enjoyments dey, the rest nah Bobo Juice.

YOU ARE VERY CORRECT, THERE'S IS NO FIRE WHERE GOD TORMENTS SINNERS, AND THE EARTH IS THE DWELLING PLACE FOR MAN, NOT HEAVEN.

THE RIGHTEOUS SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH AND DWELL FOREVER UPON IT PSALMS 37:29
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by kingxsamz(m): 1:59pm On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:
Nothing surprises me more than hearing "God is testing me with the illness to know whether I truly have faith in him"

Then I would always wonder why an Omniscient God would be testing his beloved children for what he already knows

It's not news that these people are in an abusive relationship with their god.

1 Like

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:23pm On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:

People would see genuine reasons to worship your God, if you get more than what a regular human gets.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that's not how it works God promised some things that only interests honest hearted and sincere individuals so even though what He promised is happening right in the presence of all only honest hearted individuals will appreciate it.

So if you don't know what God promised you're not yet His enemy it's until you clearly understand what He promised and purposed for mankind yet you despise it that's when you become one of His enemies.

For now keep what you think you know because it makes you to be on a safer side the day you know what He purposed for mankind and you despise it then you will have serious issues with Him! smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 9:27pm On Mar 21
Bros let's not deviate from the discourse.

Is Matt7:7 a figurative or Literal passage?

From your last quote all I see is you trying to defend your God/scripture in a way that would suit your narrative.

MaxInDHouse:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that's not how it works God promised some things that only interests honest hearted and sincere individuals so even though what He promised is happening right in the presence of all only honest hearted individuals will appreciate it.

So if you don't know what God promised you're not yet His enemy it's until you clearly understand what He promised and purposed for mankind yet you despise it that's when you become one of His enemies.

For now keep what you think you know because it makes you to be on a safer side the day you know what He purposed for mankind and you despise it then you will have serious issues with Him! smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:39pm On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:

Bros let's not deviate from the discourse.
Is Matt7:7 a figurative or Literal passage?
From your last quote all I see is you trying to defend your God/scripture in a way that would suit your narrative.

What did Jesus possess material things or ability to do God's work?

According to God's word Jesus participate in the creation of all things so when it comes to repairs whether in the body of human or the forces of nature Jesus has absolute control that's why he could heal/cure any sickness including death and even order air and the sea but as imperfect humans we don't possess such powers so what we can do better than Jesus is the work of preaching and teaching as Jesus had limited time to spend on planet earth while his disciples had all the time until God's Kingdom comes.

So when he said ask, seek and knock he was referring to the ability to do greater works in the preaching and teaching not selfish cravings! smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by FRANCISTOWN: 9:52pm On Mar 21
MaxInDHouse:

That's the truth!
Max! I've advised you to read your bible first of all. Read and re-read it until you know it by heart before you respond to threads.

Your bible says that by Jesus' stripes you are healed. He didn't say you should visit a physician. He even said you should heal the sick.

Isaiah being filled of a said HolyGhost said that in Isa 53: 5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

Jesus told Peter exact same thing they the HolyGhost in.

1 Pet 2:24 "Christ carried the burden of our sins. He was nailed to the cross, so we would stop sinning and start living right. By his cuts and bruises you are healed."

Are you saying Jesus didn't know what he was saying?

1 Like

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:00pm On Mar 21
FRANCISTOWN:

Max! I've advised you to read your bible first of all. Read and re-read it until you know it by heart before you respond to threads.

Your bible says that by Jesus' stripes you are healed. He didn't say you should visit a physician. He even said you should heal the sick.

Isaiah being filled of a said HolyGhost said that in Isa 53: 5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

Jesus told Peter exact same thing they the HolyGhost in.

1 Pet 2:24 "Christ carried the burden of our sins. He was nailed to the cross, so we would stop sinning and start living right. By his cuts and bruises you are healed."

Are you saying Jesus didn't know what he was saying?

Why did Timothy have to use something for her sickness nah? 1Timothy 5:23

Àbí first century Christians don't understand what Jesus taught them again?

The healing is spiritual not physical:

Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the elders of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, applying oil to him in the name of Jehovah. And the prayer of faith will make the sick one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. James 5:14-15

The sickness James is talking about hear is it physical or spiritual? smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 10:20pm On Mar 21
See what Matthew Chapter 7 says:

"7Ask, and you will receive; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks will receive, and anyone who seeks will find, and the door will be opened to those who knock. 9Would any of you who are fathers give your son a stone when he asks for bread? 10Or would you give him a snake when he asks for a fish? 11Bad as you are, you know how to give good things to your children. How much more, then, will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"

So where did you get this your analogy from
MaxInDHouse:

What did Jesus possess material things or ability to do God's work?

According to God's word Jesus participate in the creation of all things so when it comes to repairs whether in the body of human or the forces of nature Jesus has absolute control that's why he could heal/cure any sickness including death and even order air and the sea but as imperfect humans we don't possess such powers so what we can do better than Jesus is the work of preaching and teaching as Jesus had limited time to spend on planet earth while his disciples had all the time until God's Kingdom comes.

So when he said ask, seek and knock he was referring to the ability to do greater works in the preaching and teaching not selfish cravings! smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by FRANCISTOWN: 10:26pm On Mar 21
MaxInDHouse:

Why did Timothy have to use something for her sickness nah? 1Timothy 5:23

Àbí first century Christians don't understand what Jesus taught them again?

The healing is spiritual not physical:

Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the elders of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, applying oil to him in the name of Jehovah. And the prayer of faith will make the sick one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. James 5:14-15

The sickness James is talking about hear is it physical or spiritual? smiley

First of all. Timothy never heard anything directly from the mouth of your said Jesus.

Paul his spiritual father never said he heard anything from the mouth of Jesus. (Paul didn't attest to the account in acts of apostles).

The nature of Timothy's ailment remains unknown. I mean what kind of sickness do you cure with alcohol?
Judging from that verse, Paul only suggested that Timothy should follow those steps. There was no feedback from Timothy to know whether he did those things and whether they truly helped or not.
Also, Paul's advice was more of preventive measures. It's just like telling ulcer patients to avoid extremely spicy meal.

Paul should have told Timothy to visit a physician. Jesus turned water to wine, wine is used to represent the blood of Jesus.
Paul could also be referring to the blood of Jesus as wine.

The sickness James was talking about is the bodily sickness, and not spiritual.

The bible is always very specific when it talks about your soul and spirit. That's why it says "... That ye prospereth, even as your soul prospereth

Now if by Jesus stripes you are healed, what are you doing with drugs and at the hospital you children of no faith?

1 Like

Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:29pm On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:
See what Matthew Chapter 7 says:

7“Ask, and you will receive; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks will receive, and anyone who seeks will find, and the door will be opened to those who knock. 9Would any of you who are fathers give your son a stone when he asks for bread? 10Or would you give him a snake when he asks for a fish? 11Bad as you are, you know how to give good things to your children. How much more, then, will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

So where did you get this your analogy from

From the ACTS OF APOSTLES!

Remember they're the ones who received the information first hand so if you want to apply it then think about those who heard Jesus first hand and how they applied it.

What exactly did they ask for as a group?
Did they ever got sick?
Did they always cure sicknesses miraculously among themselves?

That's how to figure out what their teacher had in mind not the interpretation of your former pastors which never worked for you nor found working in Bible times! smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 10:41pm On Mar 21
The problem with you JW folks Is that you think you understand the Bible more than anyone else.

I asked a question above and you stylishly avoided it, I will ask again: is Matt7:7 a figurative or Literal passage?

Don't tell me what Jesus meant in that passage, tell me what he said explicitly.

Your questions below, won't help in answering my question.

MaxInDHouse:

From the ACTS OF APOSTLES!

Remember they're the ones who received the information first hand so if you want to apply it then think about those who heard Jesus first hand and how they applied it.

What exactly did they ask for as a group?
Did they ever got sick?
Did they always cure sicknesses miraculously among themselves?

That's how to figure out what their teacher had in mind not the interpretation of your former pastors which never worked for you nor found working in Bible times! smiley
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Steep(m): 10:48pm On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:
Almighty God created all things including herbs, medicines and gave men the knowledge to treat and research illness and proffer solution.

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Miracles are not done for fancy and human beck and call.
The earth and everything in it is God's property He wants us to make good use of it.
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 10:57pm On Mar 21
You said Almighty God created medicine mention the medicine God created.

Are you aware that herbs are not enough to make most medicines?

Does this makes Matt7:7 invalid? Perhaps God would be like; I having given you guys all you need for any illness, so I won't grant any of your wish pertaining healing/sound health.

Steep:
Almighty God created all things including herbs, medicines and gave men the knowledge to treat and research illness and proffer solution.

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Miracles are not done for fancy and human beck and call.
The earth and everything in it is God's property He wants us to make good use of it.
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Steep(m): 11:08pm On Mar 21
Busybrain2233:
You said Almighty God created medicine mention the medicine God created.

Are you aware that herbs are not enough to make most medicines?

Does this makes Matt7:7 invalid? Perhaps God would be like; I having given you guys all you need for any illness, so I won't grant any of your wish pertaining healing/sound health.

The materials to make drugs are created by who?
See God knows man would fall and sin and death would come he has made preparations for it.
The herbs is good gave is and example of medicine it does mean it si limited to that.
Re: i'm Still Pondering About This by Busybrain2233: 12:06am On Mar 22
Please answer my questions: You said Almighty God created medicine mention the medicine God created.

The materials to make drugs are made by humans.

God knows man would fall and he went ahead to create man that way, then later God would blame and punish man for falling. I know it makes sense to you cause you are a religious person.

Herbs are examples of medicines how
Steep:
The materials to make drugs are created by who?
See God knows man would fall and sin and death would come he has made preparations for it.
The herbs is good gave is and example of medicine it does mean it si limited to that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily / No Standing Still But Moving Forward / The Common Salvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.