Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,148 members, 7,821,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Fireman 2 Phase Gen Won't Start - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fireman 2 Phase Gen Won't Start (390 Views)

My Honda EOD Won't Start If The Car Goes Through Erosion / Volkswagen Passat CC Won't Start / 10 Common Reasons Why Your Car Won't Start & How To Fix It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fireman 2 Phase Gen Won't Start by 2shure: 9:15pm On Mar 20
I bought the gen in 2022 February and I used it for like 3days. After that I abandoned it since I had stable electricity. So it was gathering dust since then. My light has had issues for close to a week,so I decided to turn on my gen this morning. Lo and behold,it's automatic kick and start ,with a manual rope.i tried to kick-start it,no sign or fire from the battery. I felt it was the plug,so I cleaned it soaked inside fuel,still it won't start. I went and got a new plug,same result. So I got frustrated and watched some YouTube videos.opened the air filter,used the spray cleaner to spray the carburetor, still same result. So I disconnected the battery and tried to start it manually,it still wo t start. What could be the problem. Do I need to charge the battery before it would start,it's a brand new gen still coupled in factory state. Why then did it not come on. Pls help

Re: Fireman 2 Phase Gen Won't Start by Elsueno: 8:03am On Mar 21
As long as correct engine oil dey & well guage

Also, no wires disconnected from d 'on' 'off' switch.

then the most likely culprit na d cabureurto.U need to unsecrew d buttom of that thing, U go most likely find some dirt at the bottom, clean am, wash with small fuel & put back correctly. E go start.

FYI, I ain't a gen technician woh, I mostly have same problems with my gen if I let alone for months especially if tank dey emptygrin grin
Re: Fireman 2 Phase Gen Won't Start by Crokky: 10:20am On Mar 21
Either your coil is not bringing spark, or your caberator has overloaded or the valves not properly set , one of the three above
Re: Fireman 2 Phase Gen Won't Start by HenryWilliams(m): 2:14pm On Mar 21
Culprit is the Carburator..
Remove and clean.
It would start immediately.
Re: Fireman 2 Phase Gen Won't Start by 2shure: 5:04pm On Mar 21
OK,yeah I loosened the carburettor drain and drained out the fuel,found some black particles inside the fuel.so will loose the complete housing tomorrow.i don't want to call any useless engineer for a brand new gen I abandoned for almost 2years,when I know I'm not replacing anything.u know how these crooks behave,they will loose something from new gen and sell it back to u.dont want to take that path.DYI only.no time to waste money.
Re: Fireman 2 Phase Gen Won't Start by Chicagograduate(m): 8:24pm On Mar 21
2shure:
OK,yeah I loosened the carburettor drain and drained out the fuel,found some black particles inside the fuel.so will loose the complete housing tomorrow.i don't want to call any useless engineer for a brand new gen I abandoned for almost 2years,when I know I'm not replacing anything.u know how these crooks behave,they will loose something from new gen and sell it back to u.dont want to take that path.DYI only.no time to waste money.
Big man like you won do trial and error.If you spoil your carburettor na still the engineer wey you dey avoid you go call to come and fix it.
Re: Fireman 2 Phase Gen Won't Start by cardoctor(m): 11:19am On Mar 22
Any generator mechanics in the house?
Re: Fireman 2 Phase Gen Won't Start by Chicagograduate(m): 4:00pm On Mar 22
cardoctor:
Any generator mechanics in the house?
What's the issue?

(1) (Reply)

My Car Shakes And Vibrate At 120 Speed Upward / Car Talk / I Need A Car Hire Service Preferably A Bus From Okota To Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.