Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Journey To America - Free Book - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Journey To America - Free Book (310 Views)

Reasons I No Longer Have Interest To Relocate To America / Can Someone Travel To America Without Having Any Family Or Friends Over There? / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Journey To America - Free Book by Barely44(m): 3:33am On Mar 21
Chapter One - Chasing the American Dream

People pointed and shouted at something I couldn't see. A flurry of excitement had taken over the usually quiet
dirty road leading to my best friend's house. The scene was filled with excitement as people were pointing,
shouting, cheering, clapping, and singing, and dust was flying everywhere. I moved closer, pushing past those
who blocked my view. As the crowd gradually dispersed, I caught a glimpse of a striking man standing in the middle
of the crowd, wearing sunglasses, dark blue jeans, and a shirt with the word "YANKEES" printed on it. His white
shoes were a stark contrast to the dust-covered surroundings; he looked dashing, and his stance
commanded colossal admiration and respect. Children flocked around him, each vying for his attention;
someone shouted that he had just returned from America. My eyes lit up as the American man began to give out
money and gifts to the villagers. Everyone was hugging each other. The atmosphere was clearly jubilant, and
naked village boys jumped up and down in their excitement. Everyone was in awe. It was like the first
coming of black Jesus Christ. Amidst the unhealthy and miserable conditions of our village, I couldn't help but
wonder what he was doing there. He seemed like a god to everyone in our community. Being in the presence of the
only man who had been to the white man's country made me happy. The only one among fifty thousand people who
had been on a plane. He was the only black man on earth who had seen white people. For sure! America only
consisted of white people. Everybody knew that!............

continued.......

The American man shared stories of his experience living in the white man's land, beautifully painting images of
America in everyone's mind. I stood in awe of his appearance, trying to picture his stories. But his efforts to
get the villagers to relate to his stories proved futile; their imaginations couldn't stretch that far because no one had
been to America before except for him. While everyone in the village, young and old, was happy about the gift of
chocolate from America, I was left inspired and had a growing desire to go to America one day.
For the first time, I had a dream that I believed would bring me happiness. I had a vivid imagination of America
– a land of beautiful white people walking on clean streets, stunning mansions with twenty-four-seven
power supply, restaurants with all-you-can-eat buffets, clean drinking water rushing out from the tap anytime
you want – as much as you want, good roads without any litter or dirt, a land free from poverty, and toilets that
people can sit on.

Re: Journey To America - Free Book by Saviourk: 3:49am On Mar 21
How do I get the book?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journey To America - Free Book by Barely44(m): 3:39pm On Mar 23
I was sold on the idea that America was the greatest country on earth, and ever since,
I have been chasing the American dream with a deliciously euphoric
feeling. I wanted to smell America's white air, walk on America's white soil,
talk the American way, touch the almighty American dollar, and, most importantly,
have sex with a beautiful American girl. Wild, I know, but that
was what my twelve-year-old self wanted.
Reality struck me hard. I realized I had to rush back home as soon as possible to avoid
my mother's wrath. But how would a young African boy with no resources be able
to travel all the way to America? How could a boy who couldn't even leave his village
for a day manage to accomplish such a feat? A black boy who has never gone
beyond a twelve-mile radius from Modakeke? The thought was daunting, yet the allure
of America was irresistible.

I put my hands on my face and rubbed them to wipe away the desire for a place
that provided all the joys I wished for. The thought of encountering something so foreign, so
unknown, yet so enticing filled me with a mix of excitement and apprehension.
How would I respond to meeting something completely foreign and unknown to
me? A place that offered all the happiness I sought. The dream was so vivid and enticing,
it was impossible to let go. The desire to reach it, to touch it, and to live the dream
was profound.
Lost in my imagination and thoughts, I forgot I had spent too much time getting home. Ah,
I felt a familiar touch on my shoulder. “Oh my God! My mother will kill me.”
I exclaimed as I realized it was my mother's hand on my shoulder.
Re: Journey To America - Free Book by Barely44(m): 5:24pm On Mar 24
Chapter Two

A Tale of Discovery

“Imagine a life in the United States of America. Now, stop imagining and start acting. With Apple
Choice Nigeria Limited, that dream can become a reality. It takes a daring heart to reach an
unprecedented level of success. To turn your dreams into reality, pitch your tent with the
reliable and trustworthy people of Apple Choice Nigeria Limited; they know the way to success
without tears and will guide you every step of the way. You can succeed and be celebrated if you
believe you can. You can turn your dreams, your child's dreams, and your family's dreams of
moving to the United States of America into a reality. Start the process now. Stagnation is a
disease; act fast, act now. Apple Choice Nigeria Limited – turning dreams into reality, one success
story at a time.”

As I listened to the advertisement on the radio, every hair on my body stood up with joy and anticipation.
I gazed at my father with so much expectation, hoping he would respond and say something to me about
the jingle that had just played on the eight o'clock news.

"Daddy, can we travel to America?" I asked my father with hope in my eyes. "Daddy, have you ever
thought about traveling out of Nigeria? Do you think it's difficult to travel to America?" I continued to inquire.
"Daddy... with a small fee, Apple Choice promised that we could become U.S. citizens, where we could live forever,
" I tried to persuade my father, but he didn't respond.

(1) (Reply)

Sell Your Agro Foodstuffs Products To The Potential Foreign Buyers In Abroad / Help! Travel Savvy People... / How Nigeria's Hospitality Industry Can Leverage The Entertainment Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.