Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,049 members, 7,814,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses (6152 Views)

Fire At Idumota Market / Fire Guts Okobaba Sawmill Market. Lagos State Fire Service saves situation / How To Buy Stuffs At Cheaper Price At Idumota Market, Lagos This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses by AntiChristian: 7:09am On Mar 21
It will be contained as usual!

Hope no life was lost?
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses by TheFarmer1: 7:51am On Mar 21
santaclaws:

With the way that place is jam-packed, you can't even decipher that a little electric spark around the roof can cause a fire incident... instead you allege it's a planned act of arson.

Fire incidents occur even in more organized places, not everything should be linked to evil agenda or conspiracies! Nigerians, change your mindsets! 😠😠😠

Hey, Santa. Just rest grin. It's a gut feeling. Even you know very well that you can't prove it's not Arson. You don't seem to know the human mind and how we function differently. Just yesterday the FG released names of Terror Sponsors. Now tell me, why would these people, for years, actively involve themselves in killing fellow Nigerians? What exactly would they gain by consistently murdering people and rendering millions of others homeless? When you find answers to these, then you will find answers to why our markets get burnt down on a yearly basis.
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses by naptu2: 7:58am On Mar 21
santaclaws:

With the way that place is jam-packed, you can't even decipher that a little electric spark around the roof can cause a fire incident... instead you allege it's a planned act of arson.

Fire incidents occur even in more organized places, not everything should be linked to evil agenda or conspiracies! Nigerians, change your mindsets! 😠😠😠

There are people that like fantasy stories. They think it makes them intelligent. Nothing you do will ever make them face facts, assess evidence and see reality. They'll keep pointing at some fictional thing that nobody else knows except themselves. The reason that nobody knows it except themselves is because it's all in their minds. It only exists in their minds.
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses by santaclaws: 8:18am On Mar 21
TheFarmer1:

Hey, Santa. Just rest grin. It's a gut feeling. Even you know very well that you can't prove it's not Arson. You don't seem to know the human mind and how we function differently. Just yesterday the FG released names of Terror Sponsors. Now tell me, why would these people, for years, actively involve themselves in killing fellow Nigerians? What exactly would they gain by consistently murdering people and rendering millions of others homeless? When you find answers to these, then you will find answers to why our markets get burnt down on a yearly basis.

I never claimed we lived in a Utopia or that people can't do evil things, trust me, I know... But Idumota/Lagos Island is notoriously jam-packed and fire incidents are frequent there. The number 1 cause of fire incidents is electric sparks, so such areas are highly prone to fire incidents. Another place in Lagos with frequent fire incidents is Okobaba plank market, it usually occurs as a result of the saw dust burning and during the dry season, the fire finds its way back into the plank market and destroys the market.

All these are things that should be put into consideration. The government/ fire service should engage in public sensitisation so that people don't ignore their own errors and link everything to attack from inexistent entities.
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses by AngelicBeing: 8:42am On Mar 21
Shellsploit:
The entire idumota should be demolished so as to pave way for new constructions.
No, l have my boys there collecting daily tax returns for me to eat Fufu and ofe owerri soup tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses by extremelygolden: 9:11am On Mar 21
And the way they usually build their houses in Idumota is even something else. No space in-between buildings at all. So if anything happens to one, it most surely affect others.

Sorry for their loss. I thank God there's no human loss.

Thumbs up for the efficiency of those involved in curbing the fire outbreak, preventing further escalation and loss.

God bless Lagos State.
Re: Lagos State Fire Service Contains Fire In Idumota As Building Collapses by Shellsploit: 11:15am On Mar 21
AngelicBeing:
No, l have my boys there collecting daily tax returns for me to eat Fufu and ofe owerri soup tongue

cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP - Anyone RECEIVE A Moneygram From Someone? / Apapa Mall Steps Out With New Shoprite Store. / How To Tell If A Brahmin Bag Is Replica?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.