Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) (26009 Views)

Today In 1945 United States Dropped The Atomic Bomb At Hiroshima / ISIS Claims Responsibility For Kabul Airport Suicide Bomb Attacks(Pix) / Islamic Terrorist Wearing Fake Suicide Bomb Stabs Two In Streatham, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by Botragelad: 5:12pm On Mar 21
At least 21 people have been killed in a suicide bombing in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar, a doctor at the regional hospital has told the BBC.

The Taliban government has put the death toll at three. Police said a number of others were wounded.

The suicide attack took place at about 08:00 (03:30 GMT), the Taliban said, at a bank located in the city centre.

No group has yet said it carried out the attack, which appears to be the biggest in Afghanistan this year.

The blast took place at a branch where Afghan government employees were queueing to collect their salaries.

"So far 21 dead and at least 50 people injured from the explosion have been brought in," a doctor from Mirwais hospital, the region's largest, said on the condition of anonymity.

Kandahar is the seat of power of the Taliban, the base of their supreme commander.

While the overall security situation in Afghanistan has improved since the Taliban gained complete control with the full withdrawal of foreign troops in 2021, there continue to be dozens of bombings and suicide attacks in the country each year.

Many of them have targeted Afghanistan's Hazara ethnic minority and have been claimed by Islamic State Khorasan Province, or ISKP, the regional affiliate of the so-called Islamic State group, a major rival of the Taliban.

Source;
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68625242

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by CodeTemplar: 5:33pm On Mar 21
Even in Ramadan.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by God1000(m): 5:43pm On Mar 21
Why suicide bombing, the Americans are out, what are they fighting for again?

Is there another group opposing the Taliban in Afghanistan?

I blame former afghan president Ashraf Ghani for running away leaving Afghanistan for Taliban instead of defending his country.

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by Melagros(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21
COMRADES living in the midst of moslems is very dangerous from Afghanistan to Northern Nigeria

156 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by Tolumiide: 5:49pm On Mar 21
May the departed souls rest in peace.

10 Likes

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:24pm On Mar 21
RIP Religion In Peace

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by tuoyoojo(m): 6:24pm On Mar 21
I have always wondered what they tell these suicide bomber and how they would convince them to go and kill themselves

Why don't the "convincer" go and do the work

What evidence do they have about the reward you would get in the afterlife

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by stano2(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21
Wetin dem de find again
Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by BOSSkesh(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21
Allahu Akbar
Check my signature for free stuffs!!!!

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by 99thEnemy(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21
Why?

Extremism should have no place in this world.

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by EyeCumInPiece: 6:25pm On Mar 21
Religion of piss peace. grin

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by adobebrittany: 6:25pm On Mar 21
grin
Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by Bubu4Sea: 6:26pm On Mar 21
The most peaceful religion on earth 🌎

How the religion of peace is considered Abrahamic, I don't know

They hate Christians & Jews, showing that the Arab god is NOT the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob. Hence the moon god is not GOD.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by stano2(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21
I think say dem don Islamize every part.

I thought peace is certain there

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by slaawomirr: 6:26pm On Mar 21
Damnnn niggar

And them get friendly football match with India this evening

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by Watianoengineer(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21
sad
Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by Judolisco(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21
Dis news no suppose dey surprise dis people again.... E Don turn lifestyle

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by Boyooosa(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21
Nawa o, even during fasting period

Dem no dey fast

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by id4sho(m): 6:26pm On Mar 21
Islamabad tongue
Even during Ramadan fasting undecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by alpharoyalty: 6:26pm On Mar 21
Islamabad

8 Likes

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by ManishSmith(m): 6:27pm On Mar 21
May their souls Rest In Peace
Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by BOSSkesh(m): 6:27pm On Mar 21
Rip to the dead
Also this happened while they were fasting
May Allah SWT accept their souls in the paradise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by TotoIsGud4boy: 6:27pm On Mar 21
IslamAREbad….. They’ll meet 50 skinny virgins in hell wearing hijab and the aboki thinks his di{k will work in hell … grin

27 Likes

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by happney65: 6:27pm On Mar 21
I see YouTubers these days going to Afghanistan and trying to show stuffs about Afghanistan. I just look at them and laugh about their safety

I don't think there is any Islamic state has conservative as Afghanistan. Yet, Insecurity is still the order of the day.

Can't they just stop bombing for once? Can't they just decide to give peace a chance? Why must it be killing every now and then.

What is in Islam that the Taliban in Afghanistan is not putting into place? Nothing.

It is a purely conservative Islamic country yet it is still bombings and killing here and there

I grew up hearing peace eluding Afghanistan. As young as Age 6, I have been hearing of Kabul,Kadahan and bomb blasting,That was even when the Americans were not there o. At least the US got there in 2001

Now a full fleged Adult, It is still the same

Na wahoo

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by frankmoney(m): 6:27pm On Mar 21
What exactly now are they fighting for ? The Tallban has control of Afghanistan , they have their people in charge , no US soldier on ground so what exactly is the problem

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by Kingbuhari(m): 6:27pm On Mar 21
Islamabad.. why

8 Likes

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by iswallker(m): 6:28pm On Mar 21
God1000:
Why suicide bombing, the Americans are out, what are they fighting for again?

Do we have another group opposing the Taliban in Afghanistan?

I blame former afghan president Ashraf Ghani for running away leaving Afghanistan for Taliban instead of defending his country.

If you care to read you will see the reason ...

It's carried out by rivals to the taliban... lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by sleek214(m): 6:28pm On Mar 21
Terrorists country

3 Likes

Re: Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) by Nawa4nl: 6:28pm On Mar 21
The most blood thirsty religion on earth, then they say its peaceful angry

EASYG0INGMAN:
God almighty
I beg no call God, call the god of the religion.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years / Thousands March Against Robert Mugabe In Harare (Photos) / Zelensky Agrees To Talks With Kremlin, Venue Being Discussed – Russian Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.