Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,474 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? (8806 Views)

Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? / Expiation For One Who Had Intercourse With His Wife During The Day In Ramadan / At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Lukgaf(m): 8:01am On Mar 22
Fasting is not obligatory for young children , until they reach the age of adolescence. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The pens have been lifted from three: from one who has lost his mind until he comes back to his senses, from one who is sleeping until he wakes up, and from a child until he reaches the age of adolescence.” (Narrated by Abu Dawud, 4399; classed as sahih by al-Albani in Sahih Abi Dawud)

Nevertheless, children should be told to fast so that they can get used to it, and because the good deeds that they do will be recorded for them.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/65558/at-what-age-should-a-child-start-fasting-in-ramadan

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Antlislaam: 9:15am On Mar 22
But she fit marry at the age of 6

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Stomoney(m): 1:00pm On Mar 22
Me that started fasting at age 9, even thou i used to fake the fasting by sipping some water at school before getting home for iftar grin (Astagafurlah). I got addicted to fasting before 15 till date (Alhamdulilah for life)
I love the month of Ramadan as i used to be more healthy and fit during this period sincerely

From personal perspective, below are the importance of fasting

1). Draw humans to God
2). Help belief in the spirituality of God
3). Fasting helps people lose weight by cutting back on calories and increasing their metabolism
4). Fasting could improve aspects of cardiovascular health
5). Abstinence

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Bambillo: 1:01pm On Mar 22
Jazakallahu Khayran Katheran.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Lukuluku69(m): 1:01pm On Mar 22
Lukgaf:
Fasting is not obligatory for young children , until they reach the age of adolescence. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The pens have been lifted from three: from one who has lost his mind until he comes back to his senses, from one who is sleeping until he wakes up, and from a child until he reaches the age of adolescence.” (Narrated by Abu Dawud, 4399; classed as sahih by al-Albani in Sahih Abi Dawud)

Nevertheless, children should be told to fast so that they can get used to it, and because the good deeds that they do will be recorded for them.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/65558/at-what-age-should-a-child-start-fasting-in-ramadan

I think by the age of 8-9 for Fasting.

For Prayers, as early as they can mimick movements.

My Grandma made me/us observe Ramadan as early as 5/6 years but would let us break by Zuhr or Asr Time.

Good old days.

NB.

And if you endure and didn't break before the regular Iftar Meal, Wow!

Be sure to get Milk, Quaker Oats, Tapioca, Moin moin, Pap etc and even Money from people for your endurance.

Good old days.

Alhamdulillah

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by CoronaVirusPro: 1:02pm On Mar 22
When he/she finds a reason to do so.

We need to learn to stop enforcing religion on kids. Give them the free will to find their path.

25 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Robnectar(m): 1:03pm On Mar 22
Started fasting at the age of 7yrs, cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Elvis2kay: 1:05pm On Mar 22
From age of 3 years

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by olaniyilukman(m): 1:06pm On Mar 22
CoronaVirusPro:
When he/she finds a reason to do so.

We need to learn to stop enforcing religion on kids. Give them the free will to find their path.
God bless you bro..

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 1:19pm On Mar 22
Jazaakumullohu Khairan

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Viper000: 1:23pm On Mar 22
Elvis2kay:
From age of 3 years
u must be a Yoruba Muslim.
We northerners na frm the age of 2 months

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by adesaeed2020: 1:52pm On Mar 22
Jazakumllahu Khairan
Lukgaf:

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Expanse2020(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22
The age at which the fasting is compulsory is when he or she is attain puberty age (Balaga) but they teach us from kid to fast so that when you reach the age is not a big deal again...
That why we are better than those ANTI-ISLAM and it religion because they cannot fast a single length because he hard 🤣🤣🤣 for them because it is strange to them.
Alhamdulillah for the blessings of Allah making us a Muslim who knows his/her duties to our Maker...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Hafeexla(m): 2:14pm On Mar 22
It should best be structure so that they can get used to it.
At 5 3/30
6 9/10
7 15/30
8 18/30
9 21/30
10 25/30
11 29/29or30
12 29/29 30/30
Except when sick.
Moreover, having special delicacy for sahur and iftar would make them attracted to fasting more easily. When I was home, I rarely eat sahur without meat.

I started fasting around 7-10, but with lot of scope when I don't know the essence.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by SatanLucifer: 2:14pm On Mar 22
Hafeexla:
It should best be structure so that they can get used to it.
At 5 3/30
6 9/10
7 15/30
8 18/30
9 21/30
10 25/30
11 29/29or30
12 29/29 30/30
Except when sick.
Moreover, having special delicacy for sahur and iftar would make them attracted to fasting more easily. When I was home, I rarely eat sahur without meat.

I started fasting around 7-10, but with lot of scope when I don't know the essence.

Why not start at birth?

7 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Hafeexla(m): 2:32pm On Mar 22
SatanLucifer:

Why not start at birth?

That should be your father problem for you or likely your problem for your own kid. As I can't choose for you, you too can't choose for me. cool cool

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by motayoayinde: 2:45pm On Mar 22
Lukuluku69:

I think by the age of 8-9 for Fasting.

For Prayers, as early as they can mimick movements.

My Grandma made me/us observe Ramadan as early as 5/6 years but would let us break by Zuhr or Asr Time.

Good old days.

May Allah bless your grandma

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Lukuluku69(m): 2:49pm On Mar 22
motayoayinde:

May Allah bless your gtandma

Salam Alaikum Akhi,

Ameen to your Dua.

I remember those days and I have tears in my eyes.

And the Gifts that comes with it!

Milk, Custard, Sardine, Quaker Oats, money etc.

Alhamdulillah for Islam.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by AdamuKD: 4:00pm On Mar 22
Expanse2020:
The age at which the fasting is compulsory is when he or she is attain puberty age (Balaga) but they teach us from kid to fast so that when you reach the age is not a big deal again...
That why we are better than those ANTI-ISLAM and it religion because they cannot fast a single length because he hard 🤣🤣🤣 for them because it is strange to them.
Alhamdulillah for the blessings of Allah making us a Muslim who knows his/her duties to our Maker...
After fasting what next?
Kaboom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Honestey: 5:05pm On Mar 22
I can't say precisely when I started fasting but the young me wound always sip in some water during ablution, in fact I would pretend my ablution became voided and I needed to re perform ablution there I sip in more water. Subsequent years, I became strong enough for peoper fasting and here we are. May Almighty Allah accept our acts of worship

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by geoworldedu: 5:48pm On Mar 22
Expanse2020:

Fasting or not, it doesn't lead anywhere. The country still remains underdeveloped despite the fasts observed by all religions. It's really laughable cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by geoworldedu: 5:48pm On Mar 22
AdamuKD:

After fasting what next?
Kaboom

Lol, you be bad guy grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Bimpe29: 5:56pm On Mar 22
A child should be encouraged to fast as from the age of 7. While some kids are so passionate about religious duties at an earlier age than 7, a practical example is my daughter who has started fasting at age 6.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by AdamuKD: 5:56pm On Mar 22
geoworldedu:

Lol, you be bad guy grin
Don't mind those hypocrites
They are fasting and they are still killing and maiming for their moon god
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:08pm On Mar 22
Age 7 should be to 12pm/2pm
Age 8 /9 1 day on 1 day off
Age 10 good to go
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Expanse2020(m): 7:29pm On Mar 22
geoworldedu:

Fasting or not, it doesn't lead anywhere. The country still remains underdeveloped despite the fasts observed by all religions. It's really laughable cheesy
Ok
Said by the professor of knowledge
The assistant of God
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Expanse2020(m): 7:31pm On Mar 22
AdamuKD:

After fasting what next?
Kaboom
To those who hold the fake religion, prescribe by orientalist
Kaboom on u
Ameen
Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Gentlevip: 9:30pm On Mar 22
We started by 5. We were happy and healthy

But today even at 12 the children are struggling. Less discipline, less happiness, lest parenting, rubbish pampering....

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? by Igbafe4real(m): 11:38pm On Mar 22
olaniyilukman:
God bless you bro..
Free will is an illusion created by the Westerners to spread their love for Satan.
Nothing is wrong with you bringing your child up with good moral standards and religious value just like tradition and ethics is being done. Be wise brother.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Who Saw Jesus In Heaven / Abrogated Verses In The Holy Qur'an: Why Differences In Wording? / Words On Marble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.