Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines (8263 Views)

Discharge Patients Who Test Negative Once — NCDC Issues New COVID-19 Guidelines / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) / Doctors/Nurses Help My Wife Analyze This Scan Result Abeg (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by mrdharkchild(m): 11:14am On Mar 22
Suing the Nigerian Govt. is a big waste of resources, in time and money.

Never heard of an association or person, win the ruling govt.

But i wonder why people with so much bitterness will always be happy when people choose to migrate for greener pastures.

Are you their source of livelihood?

1 Like

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:18am On Mar 22
Weknowbetter:
Stay in your country and work the 2 years, don't run abroad with your nonsense
they already do internships and youth service. Don't be a bad belle and let them go

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by ogbonti: 11:35am On Mar 22
Weknowbetter:

do not mind them - see the other one neck like "tolo-tolo"

IF these were Americans trying to japa elsewhere when America needs their services- there will be a 10- year post education ban NOT even even 2 years Nigeria is using right now.... This is to show that their studying Nursing is not even for the love of the profession but for selfish interest

Patience is a virtue and I have never seen a patient person who is "skilled and talented" lose out from making it big in the long run.

For example:

Neimar stayed in Brazil for 4 solid years "cutting his professional teeth" just to get the right move to the right club Barcelona - ignoring clubs like Tottenham Hotspurs, AS Roma and FC Cologne - That wait was worth it as he made it big in Barca winning UCL, La Liga, and became the Highest payed footballer in the world with his move to PSG ($500 Million)

Kanu Nwankwo despite returning to Nigeria from Japan '93 U-17 world cup in August 1993 with gold medal and as the second highest goal scorer of the tournament to Team Captain Wilson Oruma who won the Golden Boot that year - Kanu returned to Iwuayanwu Nationale of Owerri - to "cut his professional teeth" and did not rush to Europe like his team mates Wilson Oruma, Charles Okonedo, Karibe Ojigwe, Blessing Anyanwu and others who went to sign slave contracts - running on the hype of being U-17 World Cup winners.

Kanu went to Europe 1 year later to join Ajax -Amsterdam - in August 1994, and within 1 year at Ajax - He won the Dutch Eredivisie, Won the Dutch FA Cup, Won the UCL and World Club Cup -------- However, it was Kanu and Oruma who went on trials at Ajax. By the time Ajax came for Oruma, he was already tied to RC Lens of France; where he earned less money, had so much competition with little growth potential and he struggled all through his career - why Kanu excelled and his career took off like a jet. Even when 3 years later they both (Kanu and Oruma) ended up being Gold Medalist at Atlanta'96 Olympics - Oruma's foundation at European club career was already shaky compared to Kanu and it continued...

What is the lesson to learn here ? patience !!!! - I rest my case grin

1 Like

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by EnglishUsa: 11:36am On Mar 22
Allow them to travel so they can learn from doctors abroad because in Nigeria is not sickness that kills 90% of patients but the nurses and doctors negligence. This doctors and nurses that graduated from the year 2000 till date can be stupid like mad.

If I don't see white hairs in any doctor that want to treat me I will run for my life, if you even putting on cap I will ask you to off your cap that I want to check something grin grin

All this ones sorting results to pass can kill more then corona virus. If you are going to hospital better go with one of your friends and one of your family members

Doctors in Nigeria will never tell you they can't treet your sickness instead they use you for experiment.
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by omisanjo(m): 11:42am On Mar 22
Read ur comment again. Making the training for Medical professionals more expensive when we already have shortage of manpower will further worsen the situation. Why can't the govt give the health workers an improve remuneration to discourage them from travelling. Did u see any south Africans, Morocan, Algerian,:oemr Tunisian health worker japa. No cos they receive better pay.
tonicyril:
But wait

Whenever a report about a difficult in japa emerge some toddlers here will be vibrating on it

In their words, "its good for them, u can't vote for apc with tribalism and want to japa"

Wait, is it only those that voted apc that want to japa?
Is it poor people that are japa'ing?
And to think that these are the people that are swearing to japa immediately apc emerge.

You are the one that said if apc enter u re japaing, as apc enter u re the ones saying people who are japaing are apc miscreants again....are these people using their senssess at all??

Oloriburuku ni awon people yii oh.

These phuuls will not stop talking like their fathers and mothers aje!!
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by cococandy(f): 11:42am On Mar 22
No one owes you nursing care

If you’re that pressed, go to nursing school and give your whole existence to it for peanuts

chaddy16:
We are the source of our own challenges, as we aspire to leave Nigeria to contribute to the development of other nations.

Regarding the government's role, I believe they should consider making medical programs in universities and Nursing schools prohibitively expensive to discourage the training of professionals who might ultimately migrate abroad.

If all of una travel, who will take care of the over 200 million Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by Goodlady(f): 11:56am On Mar 22
Weknowbetter:
Yenyenyen. See his head like N500 melon.
Can you survive in this Nigeria with paltry pay?
Nurses dey earn less than N200K in Nigeria but their mates they earn N2m and above per month in overseas. Don't tell me there's difference in cost of living. It's about having a conducive environment & Nigeria isn't offering that for now.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by BondRiv: 12:01pm On Mar 22
Unpatriotic people.
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by Yelight(m): 12:12pm On Mar 22
Why can't our own government make our own MDA so good that the world become envious of them and want to come to Nigeria. With improved welfare packages people will want to stay.
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by ufotunang: 12:16pm On Mar 22
Weknowbetter:
.. work 2years in this renewed shege economy 🙄
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by ufotunang: 12:16pm On Mar 22
Everybody wants to Japa... renewed shege everywhere 🙄
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by Dalohad: 2:08pm On Mar 22
Weknowbetter:

After training as a health professional in the Universities, you stay in the country, by default for 2 years (Internship and NYSC) before you are fully licensed to practice.

But the council is now trying to keep the nurses in Nigeria for about 5 years before they can emigrate. For nurses, they will have to seek jobs that are mostly poorly paid.

Every other health professional like the Physicians, Med Scientists, Physios, Pharmacists etc should fight this policy. If the government succeeds with the Nurses, others professionals will likely suffer the same fate.
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by Warriorprince(m): 3:18pm On Mar 22
chaddy16:
We are the source of our own challenges, as we aspire to leave Nigeria to contribute to the development of other nations.

Regarding the government's role, I believe they should consider making medical programs in universities and Nursing schools prohibitively expensive to discourage the training of professionals who might ultimately migrate abroad.

Do you even read what you even write before you post? How much is the minimum wage is those country? There citizen will even pay this with student loan that doubles the school fee amount.

Is Nursing school not already expensive in Nigeria? School of nursing fee average btw 1.5million to 3million and minimum wage remain 30,000naira.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by GreatOchuks: 3:45pm On Mar 22
There is Freedom of Movement to any part of Nigeria by Citizens according to the Constitution
But no Freedom to travel abroad anyhow,, besides no one is stopping them from not traveling, however their Certification can't be complete until they have served Nigeria for 3 years (NYSC inclusive)..

Is a good one ,,, the Government can't subsidise your training to become a Nurse then voom you varnish without giving back to the Taxpayers whose monies where used for the Educational subsidy ...

If they don't like it , they should lump it , case should be struck out for on grounds of Public Policy and a heavy punitive cost of 10 billion Naira slammed on the busy body Applicants ..

Wicked pipo
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by cococandy(f): 3:51pm On Mar 22
Is nursing education in Nigeria more subsidized than other careers? Most nurses and doctors pay more than the average university student for tuition and education costs.

Just because they have a higher potential to earn better income overseas than some other professions, your jealousy can’t handle that. That’s literally the only reason why you think they should be subject to 3 years mandatory service while people like you won’t. Otherwise what’s your justification for supporting this when they do in fact incur more educational costs than other professions?

If that’s not utmost wickedness, I don’t know what is. Boldly calling people wicked when you should in fact look in the mirror and see that you’re the epitome of wickedness

in
GreatOchuks:
There is Freedom of Movement to any part of Nigeria by Citizens according to the Constitution
But no Freedom to travel abroad anyhow,, besides no one is stopping them from not traveling, however their Certification can't be complete until they have served Nigeria for 3 years (NYSC inclusive)..

Is a good one ,,, the Government can't subsidise your training to become a Nurse then voom you varnish without giving back to the Taxpayers whose monies where used for the Educational subsidy ...

If they don't like it , they should lump it , case should be struck out for on grounds of Public Policy and a heavy punitive cost of 10 billion Naira slammed on the busy body Applicants ..

Wicked pipo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by cococandy(f): 3:54pm On Mar 22
Nigerians really hate each other walahi.

This thread is a prime example
Warriorprince:

Do you even read what you even write before you post? How much is the minimum wage is those country? There citizen will even pay this with student loan that doubles the school fee amount.

Is Nursing school not already expensive in Nigeria? School of nursing fee average btw 1.5million to 3million and minimum wage remain 30,000naira.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by Soknown: 6:50pm On Mar 22
mrdharkchild:
Suing the Nigerian Govt. is a big waste of resources, in time and money.

Never heard of an association or person, win the ruling govt.

But i wonder why people with so much bitterness will always be happy when people choose to migrate for greener pastures.

Are you their source of livelihood?

May be you are too young to know or remember a Gani Fawehinmi, who has been winning cases against the government even Military government till his demise.
Many cases have been won against the federal government by many lawyers

Lastly, the case in court is not against the federal government but NMCN.
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by Soknown: 6:57pm On Mar 22
So many ignorant takes or should I say ignoramus rants on this issue. Like people revel in their ignorance
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by BigIyanga: 9:03pm On Mar 22
Weknowbetter:
Go study biology, chemistry, math, physics, english… obtain JAMB form and study nursing

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by mrtegation99(m): 10:45pm On Mar 22
chaddy16:

Didn't want to comment but you happen to be the most idiotic entity alive, who logged into Nairaland today! Slave

1 Like

Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by PropertyBuying(f): 1:10am On Mar 23
Health will always be wealth
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by BronzeTiger: 7:35am On Mar 23
Good.
Re: Japa: Council, Nurses Begin Legal Battle Over New Certification Guidelines by Acidosis(m): 10:45am On Mar 23
cococandy:
No one owes you nursing care

If you’re that pressed, go to nursing school and give your whole existence to it for peanuts

😀😀

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Lose 5 KG In 3 Days With This Simple 3 Day Detox Diet / My Goodness! I Have Never Seen Such Before, See People's Reactions! #savageous # / 2017 Pasjel Stretch Mark Remover Buy 2 Get One Powerful AVOCADO FACIAL SOAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.