Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) (1205 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) by Truths9ja: 10:41am On Mar 22
Nigerian Lady Loses her UK Job for Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains How It Happened

A Nigerian woman, who moved to the United Kingdom, has shared how she was fired for saying sorry According to her, she did a night shift and was awake but was accused the following day of sleeping while on duty Instead of defending herself, the Nigerian lady said she kept apologising to her boss and got a shocking mail hours after she got home PAY ATTENTION: The 2024 Business Leaders Awards Present Entrepreneurs that Change Nigeria for the Better. Check out their Stories! A United Kingdom company has fired its Nigerian employee because she kept on saying she was sorry. The sacked lady, @deeglam_varieties, narrated how it happened and advised Nigerians going abroad to keep their attitude of saying sorry at home. She warned others coming to the UK to do away with such an attitude. Photo Credit: @deeglam_varieties Source: TikTok How she got sacked for saying sorry In a TikTok video, @deeglam_varieties revealed she worked a night shift and stayed in the lounge at work to press her phone to avoid falling asleep. READ ALSO Touching video as lady who hadn't seen her dad in 10 years finds him walking on street PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy! To her surprise the next day, her employer accused her of sleeping on duty. Instead of explaining to her boss the truth of the matter, @deeglam_varieties kept on saying she was sorry and went home. That same day, she got an email informing her that she had been sacked. The development was a culture shock to her. Another Nigerian lady was fired from her UK job after she made a video online boasting about her work. Watch the video below:

@deeglam_varieties's experience stirred reactions Patbaby said: "Don't tell them sorry oooo. even when you see them falling down just waka pass. I've learnt it my sister. I can't tell them I am sorry but I will explain myself to them, that's all." READ ALSO "I was in the bathroom": Nigerian woman cries out over damage her little daughter did, shares photo Okunuga Bolanle Nadi said: "Yes ooooo my Sister. "I have someone if I say am sorry for he will say why are you sorry, it's not ur fault." Oluwasimidele Ifeloluwa Joy said: "That’s sacking you with a false allegation. That’s why people who work in healthcare sector have been told to join a union. You would have refuted this laying off your work if you were under any union." Oh rays said: "And I told my manager today that I am sorry . I unsorry here oooh." oyindapeters said: "Take it as one door closes God will open a better door for you Darling sis❤." Yemzy said: "A colleague of mine tripped and fell and I said oh sorry she said oh no you didn’t do anything." user9602975014235 said: "If anything happens at your workplace you need to explain your part and never say I'm sorry to these people it means acceptance of being guilty. Even after your explanation never tell them you are sorry." READ ALSO Nigerian man cries out after lady he offered help to scammed him of N500k, shares their chats online Lady in Canada fired from work for saying sorry Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a lady had narrated how she lost her job in Canada for saying sorry. In a TikTok video, she advised people to be ready to unlearn and relearn when emigrating to foreign countries, saying she has learnt her lesson. She explained that she got a care attendant job as a side hustle as she already had a 9-5 work in Canada. On the first day of work, she noticed her employer had a health challenge that put her in pain daily and tried to be empathetic by always apologising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3eF03oEwuA?si=dqCBW0c-ZG6z-qZ-

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/people/1584639-nigerian-lady-loses-uk-job-telling-boss-explains-how-happened-video/#google_vignette

1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) by Truths9ja: 10:42am On Mar 22
Chaiii her exposure is highly shocking oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) by franktolk(m): 10:50am On Mar 22
sorry
/ˈsɔri/
/ˈsɒri/
IPA guide
Other forms: sorrier; sorriest; sorrily

To be sorry is to feel regret or feel bad about something — usually something you did. "I'm sorry" is an apology.

If you're feeling sorry about something, then you're feeling a combination of sadness and regret. You can be sorry for things you did, and you can also be sorry for bad things that happen to other people that don't involve you. At a funeral, people say "I'm sorry for your loss." The word sorry can also be used as an adjective to mean shoddy or crappy, as in "That is one sorry excuse!"

Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/sorry
Re: Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) by 123yes(m): 10:54am On Mar 22
This one has carried her Nigerians lazy attitude in their work to UK. This is a country where you earned your wages not lazing about at the end of the month you collect salary.
Re: Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) by Truths9ja: 11:08am On Mar 22
123yes:
This one has carried her Nigerians lazy attitude in their work to UK. This is a country where you earned your wages not lazing about at the end of the month you collect salary.
Chaiiii Nawaoooo . No room to apologise too. Na gbege be this

Re: Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) by missjekyll: 2:54pm On Mar 22
She is such a liar and has taken the wrog lesson from this .That's not why she lost her job. She was sleeping on duty. That is not allowed outside your breaks.

That's what coffee is for . Or don't accept Shifts when you are tired.

Your sorry will not save your employer from the CQC or pay the heavy fines
Re: Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) by Truths9ja: 3:47pm On Mar 22
missjekyll:
She is such a liar and has taken the wrog lesson from this .That's not why she lost her job. She was sleeping on duty. That is not allowed outside your breaks.

That's what coffee is for . Or don't accept Shifts when you are tired.

Your sorry will not save your employer from the CQC or pay the heavy fines
sleeping on duty keee? How true is this ?
Re: Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) by Bongadu: 6:26pm On Mar 22
Iffa catch this one , na pipe and dump straight
Re: Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) by Usmanovic95(m): 10:56pm On Mar 22
Truths9ja:
sleeping on duty keee? How true is this ?

CCTV must probably have caught her asleep at some point even though the sleep might be brief.Oyinbo won't tolerate slightest negligence to work,since that Is what you sign in for.If she wasn't sacked for sleeping on duty,she must have done something else,I won't believe her side of the story 100%.
Re: Nigerian Lady Loses Her UK Job For Telling Her Boss Sorry, Explains(vid,pics) by Truths9ja: 3:36am On Mar 23
Usmanovic95:

CCTV must probably have caught her asleep at some point even though the sleep might be brief.Oyinbo won't tolerate slightest negligence to work,since that Is what you sign in for.If she wasn't sacked for sleeping on duty,she must have done something else,I won't believe her side of the story 100%.
hmm you maybe right seriously

(1) (Reply)

Pls: Any Banks Recieving Cvs 4 Now? / Essential Tips For Jobseekers / For All Sitp2 2006 Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.