Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast (238 Views)

Buy The Dollar Now That Its 1200 / Naira Gains Against The Dollar At I&E Window. / Why Dump All Your Savings In Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast by sukkot: 2:36pm On Mar 22
Am starting to think this downward spiral is going to be steady till it hits like 500 Naira . I say this because the refineries look like they are about to start working next week and so I think this dollar will never recover again. Is it time to cut the loss and dump it all at 1300 ?
Re: Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast by meum: 2:49pm On Mar 22
No be around that N500 the present administration meet am before dem carry am go where E no know? Even if it gets to N500, APC hasn’t done anything because they met it at N199 in 2015.

Let them take it back to N199 that they met it & start working from there.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast by nearline(m): 2:50pm On Mar 22
500 naira ke? I hope so. Let’s wait and see. The people hoarding the dollar (which includes the moguls that own these refineries) will still try to do their best to keep their hoarded greenback valuable. But I hope they fail. I still dey observe sa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast by nearline(m): 2:52pm On Mar 22
meum:
No be around that N500 the present administration meet am before dem carry am go where E no know? Even if it gets to N500, APC hasn’t done anything because they met it at N199 in 2015.

Let them take it back to N199 that they met it & start working from there.
Seeing your comment reminds me of a time when dollar was 120 naira. They should bring it back even lower to that rate. Will make sense.

1 Like

Re: Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast by sukkot: 2:55pm On Mar 22
nearline:
500 naira ke? I hope so. Let’s wait and see. The people hoarding the dollar (which includes the moguls that own these refineries) will still try to do their best to keep their hoarded greenback valuable. But I hope they fail. I still dey observe sa.
hmmm let’s observe. Everything is unstable at the moment
Re: Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast by sukkot: 2:57pm On Mar 22
nearline:

Seeing your comment reminds me of a time when dollar was 120 naira. They should bring it back even lower to that rate. Will make sense.
they say at a point the Naira was stronger than the dollar. Would be nice if we can go back to that lol
Re: Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast by nearline(m): 3:07pm On Mar 22
sukkot:
they say at a point the Naira was stronger than the dollar. Would be nice if we can go back to that lol
Would be. I would really love to see that happen in my lifetime. The gradual fall of the west and the rise of BRICS should help with that too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast by Endinjustice: 3:13pm On Mar 22
cool
Re: Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast by meum: 3:18pm On Mar 22
nearline:

With the present set of leaders that is impossible. There was a time one dollar exchanged for N21(in the year 1999). Who ever thought one dollar could exchange for over N1,000 not to talk of N1,400(coming down from N1,700)

Our leaders only think about the next election year. Presently what are they doing to make things work? Nothing. What are the doing in preparation towards 2027? A lot.

There was a time in this country one dollar was 55kobo(1980). That’s why when I see some people celebrating N1,400 exchange for $1, I smh. I keep saying it APC should take it back to N199 where they met it & start working from there.
Re: Is It Time To Dump The Dollar ? This Thing Is Losing Value Real Fast by nearline(m): 3:30pm On Mar 22
meum:

With the present set of leaders that is impossible. There was a time one dollar exchanged for N21(in the year 1999). Who ever thought one dollar could exchange for over N1,000 not to talk of N1,400(coming down from N1,700)

Our leaders only think about the next election year. Presently what are they doing to make things work? Nothing. What are the doing in preparation towards 2027? A lot.

There was a time in this country one dollar was 55kobo(1980).
Unfortunately the money is all hey care about. But I’m hopeful. Just a little bit hopeful.

(1) (Reply)

Financial Literacy Training!!! / Become A Landlord In Fast Developing Ibeju Lekki At Affordable Price / Are You Good With Adsense Or Do You Have An Adsense Account For Sell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.