Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Her Male Alternate - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Her Male Alternate (578 Views)

Alternate Endings To Novels/books/stories / Alternate Nigeria:swearing In Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Her Male Alternate by emofine(f): 11:45am On Nov 15, 2011
. . .where was I before I was born I deeply ponder again . . .

I had recounted the events in my head time and time again and I'm sure an error must have occured somewhere along that timely process . . .for I was the 5th daughter and as any weary African parents with four girls in the basket already it was their ultimate wish for a boy to appear to neutralize the female company and carry on their lineage.

If my parents had prayed fervently and sought suppliction from the Good Lord then maybe the mishap lay at my feminine feet and not with the God that answereth by prayer . . .

Somewhere in the universal abyss before my earthly debut I had debated long with my male doppelganger, my alternate self. Unfortunately only one of us could pass through the entry that leads to the other world. He (me) was almost as stubborn as she (me).
He professionally laid out his defense as to why he should be the one to depart - for it was a male child that our earthly folks had always longed for and with another girl it would only serve to heighten their anxiousness and perhaps make them lose hope in begetting a boy. . . .perhaps this is their last hope, he stressed.
However she refused to be swayed and claimed she could provide in equal measure whatever their earthly parents hoped for in a boy.

And so they continued to exchange words right up until the 9th month.  The deadline was closing and so what they (we) could not settle with mere words finally evolved into a conflict. They wrestled one another for the right to be released and although he was the stronger half she refused to surrender. In frustration she slyly bit him and he impulsively pushed her . . . she fell quite a long way down, she fell  . . . suddenly they both realized what was occurring. His nudge was so sharp he had inadvertently threw her into the corridor of labour, and so it was she who would finally be given birth to.

20 years had passed and she was still haunted by the event. She had made her introduction but it was still him they privately desired despite all she had achieved in her short life span to compensate for their short coming. How I wish I was a boy she ironically sighed.

Maybe in the afterlife I'll allow him to wrestle me again for the chance to reincarnate, she laughed hollowly.
Re: Her Male Alternate by firestar(f): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2011
embarassed cry
A strange coincidence with a twist. . .

(1) (Reply)

Kingdoms Of Conflict Is Quite A Great Book / Check This Out And Comment / Fiction Fans Should Find This Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.