Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars (36057 Views)

Dollar Now Sells @ N907 In Polaris Bank As Hoarders Count Their Losses / Naira Gain Against U.S Dollar Boosts Dangote’s Wealth To $15.3 Billion / CBN Reiterates Stance On FX Access, ‘status Quo Remains On 43 Non-eligible items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by yommen: 2:53pm On Mar 24
JASONjnr:
Tinubu met dollar at N700 to a single dollar and right before his eyes, it went up to N1,900. But we're praising his incompetence for subsidizing it to fall to N1,400.

Buhari met dollar at N200 and he left it at N700.

APC is all about noise and lies.

Go and check history. Obasanjo and PDP combined are even worse than the military era . Dollar was very stable at N22 for 5 good years under Abacha/Abdulsalam. OBJ and PDP met dollar at that same N22 and brought it to N180. That's 800% and these people were the ones that took over from the military giving birth to democracy. They laid the foundation for Naira's continued devaluation.

See, we will continue to deceive ourselves if we hold B responsible and see A as the angel.

1 Like

Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Oyindamolah: 2:54pm On Mar 24
Richtaiwo:
Obviously, it is gradually inching towards the official rate. Isn't it high time CBN reduced it to, let's say, N900/$ or 1k/$. And same thing be repeated when it starts converging again. With more effort, we might see the rate getting as low as 200/$ before the end of the year.
When you are an import dependent nation
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by kereman1: 2:59pm On Mar 24
7upnigeria:

Lol, this mumu thinks its changing of Presidents that will fix the country. I wonder the fooooools that gave birth to a disappointment like you. Presidents have been coming and going since 1960, how many houses your papa build? did change of Presidents and value of DOLLAR make your father succeed. Buyer made in Nigeria goods, you've been told several times.

Hey bastard, I won't blame you for ur affront, ur brain ain't receiving enof oxygen cos of the poorly ventilated face me I slap u, u live in with ur parents and siblings ,

1 Like

Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Jayhome24: 3:17pm On Mar 24
Kukutente23:

Shut up you saliva drooling zombie
Why did you lie that you're a member of our armed forces when you're just a cheap 30k zombie
You're a liar and an imposter and need to be arrested

Ok I have heard you my new FM Radio Station pls army on with you buluba balabu bulabula ok I'm njoying it pls when you are done kindly close the door behind you.
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Calitoscassius(m): 3:18pm On Mar 24
Tifnubu govament are just subsidising the useless worthless naira. When the money used in subsidising the naira runs out we will see a depreciation again, unless they d carry on borrowing to keep the subsidy of naira going, naira has never had any real values since 30 years ago.
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by NPFLADMIN(m): 3:25pm On Mar 24
Abeg stop confusing us. $ isn't crashing. It's Naira that's rising.

Anyways, abeg who fit dash me 17k? Let God use you to bless me. 905320228 Opay.
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by PHAYOL81: 3:31pm On Mar 24
Having created a unification in FX market, I withhold my congrats to CARDOSO yet until hopefully he succeeded in bringing the dollar rate down below the rate he met it when he came on board. Despite that though, that's not to take anything away from his ingenuity. He's a maestro for all he's done so far.
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Helinus: 3:32pm On Mar 24
Richtaiwo:

What happened to, "it will get to 3000/$ before the end of March"? Even if the rate gets to half Naira to one Dollar, you enemies of Nigeria will still find reasons to continue screaming. By that time, it will cease to be Tinubu's doing but the effort of pitobi. Please find a way of getting the hell out of Nigeria. Gerrout.

Suffering and smiling.

Your education is a waste.

What concerns Peter Obi? Get lost boy
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Yashita: 3:36pm On Mar 24
Good 👍🏾
Prices must learn to come down in this country.

It remains the price of petroleum and the stability of electricity.
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Kukutente23: 3:48pm On Mar 24
Jayhome24:

Ok I have heard you my new FM Radio Station pls army on with you buluba balabu bulabula ok I'm njoying it pls when you are done kindly close the door behind you.
Lying zombie
Whydid you lie
Have you no shame or self-respect?
Just because of politics
A lot of you guys have your brain screwed wrongly all because of politicians that don't care if you drop dead the next minute
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Jayhome24: 4:17pm On Mar 24
Kukutente23:

Lying zombie
Whydid you lie
Have you no shame or self-respect?
Just because of politics
A lot of you guys have your brain screwed wrongly all because of politicians that don't care if you drop dead the next minute

I dey wit guys dey enjoy for bar ere u dey here still dey talk ok na carry on.
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Kukutente23: 4:20pm On Mar 24
Jayhome24:

I dey wit guys dey enjoy for bar ere u dey here still dey talk ok na carry on.
Bar indeed
You have been jumping from thread to thread to insult Obi and obidients since morning
So when did you get time to work, make money and go to a bar
Or na follow follow you dey do with your guys
The question is why you lied that you're a soldier
What did you hope to gain from that lie? Haba!!
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Jayhome24: 4:24pm On Mar 24
Kukutente23:

Bar indeed
You have been jumping from thread to thread to insult Obi and obidients since morning
So when did you get time to work, make money and go to a bar
Or na follow follow you dey do with your guys
The question is why you lied that you're a soldier
What did you hope to gain from that lie? Haba!!

Eeyahhh honestly I understand your pain but now I'm in a cold place chopping life to d fullest ok I will have your time later.
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Kukutente23: 4:29pm On Mar 24
Jayhome24:

Eeyahhh honestly I understand your pain but now I'm in a cold place chopping life to d fullest ok I will have your time later.
Na lie. You're a liar
Your not chopping any life
You're a 30k zombie
You're on a corn diet

1 Like

Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by stasius: 4:36pm On Mar 24
Before the year runs out it will get to 300 naira.
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by khattab02: 4:38pm On Mar 24
Donaldoni:

Just shut up already

The strategy was to get the naira to a value they could easily defend without hurting our foreign reserves.

Today there is a convergence between the official and parallel market rates
all these na story u dey talk oo

Did that strategy worsen the economic or not?

Now they are apply all manner of approach.

This is clearly trial and error which the APC have been doing for the past 8 years
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by bakila: 4:40pm On Mar 24
onatisi:
The dollar will still rise ,because many industries are closing businesses now . This will in turn increase importations of goods .
What can solve this problem is to increase local production of goods ,increase local consumption and patronage of locally made goods , improve and invest truthfully and solidly in agriculture in order to increase food production and lastly reduce corruption drastically
Such useful comments are rarely noted, liked or shared.

1 Like

Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Deepthoughts: 4:47pm On Mar 24
Bluearrow:

The strength of a nation currency is not determined by population, but by her productivity. An unproductive nation like ours with more population is even worse. All we do is import & spend, we produce nothing!
ok,we have heard of this productivity theory in relation to currency strength so many times,how do you then explain the weakness of the Chinese yuan,the Japanese yen or the Korean won against the dollar or are these countries unproductive too?
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Deepthoughts: 4:49pm On Mar 24
charlsecy:
We hardly demand the currencies of the SE Asian countries. A large number of Nigerians demand the Dollar, the Pound and the Euro for importation and payment for services such as education and health.
Ok,why is the Chinese yuan, japanese yen and Korean won so weak against the dollar where as they are industrialized countries with high productivity?
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by femi4: 5:15pm On Mar 24
Donaldoni:

You better dump your dollars before the refineries begin production in some weeks' time.

You guys will smell pepper cheesy
lolz... time will tell
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Daystar7: 5:24pm On Mar 24
Richtaiwo:
Obviously, it is gradually inching towards the official rate. Isn't it high time CBN reduced it to, let's say, N900/$ or 1k/$. And same thing be repeated when it starts converging again. With more effort, we might see the rate getting as low as 200/$ before the end of the year.

Lol... Blud didn't pass economics in sch. Wtf!
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by charlsecy(m): 5:24pm On Mar 24
Deepthoughts:
Ok,why is the Chinese yuan, japanese yen and Korean won so weak against the dollar where as they are industrialized countries with high productivity?

I think those countries deliberately manipulate their currencies to be weak against the US Dollar in order to discourage importation, and also boost their export base.

If a country's currency was weak, its exports would be cheaper in the international market, thereby making them more competitive.

Why do you think goods imported from the US or the UK are too expensive for most Nigerians? It's because of their strong currency relative to the Naira. So an export-driven country like China doesn't want her currency to be too strong so that Chinese goods would remain cheaper in the market.

If the Chinese currency were to be strong against the Dollar, Chinese goods would become expensive, which would lead to a fall in the demand for them. So China, because they are export-driven, prefers a "weaker" Yuan.

The reason why Naira depreciation is bad news is because Nigeria exports almost nothing, but imports heavily. If Nigeria were a heavy producer of exportable goods, people would hardly complain of the Naira-Dollar rates.

3 Likes

Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by bdon123(m): 5:25pm On Mar 24
Come n collect my dollars let me see u na....we no go sell
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by SmartMen: 5:26pm On Mar 24
Newswriter:
Hope it crashes further than experts predicted
You go hope tire lol
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by SmartMen: 5:29pm On Mar 24
Richtaiwo:
Olodo, that is not what makes dollar come down. What you are seeing is just governments effort to bring it down which isn't organic or natural.

The only way it will come down to your dreamed 200/$ is WHEN Nigeria exports so much to attract a lot of dollars into the country. That is the natural and organic way...

IS NIGERIA EXPORTING ANYTHING TO BRING DOLLAR INFLOW? You all can continue to dream... when they are done exhausting their manipulation game, we will see the real value lol

2 Likes

Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by alezzy13: 6:10pm On Mar 24
Richtaiwo:

Defend it with which money?
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by HeWrites(m): 6:19pm On Mar 24
Richtaiwo:

200 😂
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by HeroicMeastro: 6:43pm On Mar 24
Newswriter:
Hope it crashes further than experts predicted
Amen.
Thank you
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by JuanDeDios: 7:14pm On Mar 24
Believeintruth:

See bro mark my words you will soon hear that government has not cleared foreign liabilities. This government thrives so much in propaganda. Last week airline operators disproved the lie that government has cleared all their backlogs. This government is trying to use propaganda and blackmail to put Nigerians in line.
This looks like a case of half-full/half-empty. CBN says it has paid all verified forex backlog. Some airline guy came out to say, no, it hasn’t settled all airline claims. So, maybe there’s a dispute as to some airline claims. Whatever the case, what seems clear to me is that most of the backlog have been settled and that is having a positive impact on dollar liquidity and, by extension, the economy. I’m neither APC nor PDP nor Labour – just arguing where the FACTS lead.
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by dreamxhaser: 7:15pm On Mar 24
Richtaiwo:

Lol it's good to dream big sha
Re: Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars by Jayhome24: 7:17pm On Mar 24
Kukutente23:

Na lie. You're a liar
Your not chopping any life
You're a 30k zombie
You're on a corn diet

Ok I'm a bit free let's dig on a bit. You get-out baa o ya let's go now.

And pls dig out where I said in Quote "I'm a military man" submit that evidence here so I can tutor your blocked brain a bit of comprehension.

Pls dig the word out I waiting. You don't know who you wan drag I will drag you and make sure all your skin peeled off.

Let's go I'm waiting...

Pls get more data I'm high now let's start. Pls all OP steer clear I want to deal with this lousy boy, OP keep off allow me and him to do the business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Rebounds, Gains Across Markets / #BankWars. Sterling Bank Apologises For Shading Other Banks. / I Got Defrauded By My Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.