Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan (200 Views)

Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan / Tinubu Commended For Reconstruction Of Road, Bridge Destroyed In Civil War / Nigeria Elections Below Expectations, INEC Lacked Transparency – NDI/IRI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan by dododawa1: 11:00pm On Mar 24
Major General Ayoola Said One can only imagine if this is not properly managed, a kind of aggression and a kind of reaction that could have come naturally if it’s not well–managed from the military.

When I was on Operation Safe Haven, we held peace palace almost every week because it was clear that this was not just purely a security challenge. And so there was a need to engage different groups of people, different age groups, different ethnic groups, and different religious groups, all in an attempt to find a solution. In Yoruba, there is a proverb that when something is lost, you search for it anyhow. When you are trying to find a solution to very abnormal situations, you cross several lines, you bend backwards, you lower yourself to even, more or less becoming a preacher even though you are in uniform, you do everything because you want a solution. And if the solution is going to come by the softpower method, by the peace approach, why not? we have been too long in this state as a nation. If you imagine the amount of money that have been spent for the various operations that have been on in the country for over 20 years, those kinds of money will have been used to develop our infrastructure. So the military officers are aware of these things. They are not happy being out there doing what ordinarily should have been police work, nobody is happy with that. That’s the reality on the ground.

Let me take you to the terrorism financiers’ list that was released by the authorities which listed about 15 persons and firms alleged to be involved in terror financing and are being listed for sanctions. What do you make of this?

Nigeria has been battling to kill terrorism for over 20 years now from the northeast region. And now we’re seeing some active roles of these terror gangs within the northwest region of the country in the name of banditry.

Now, one of those persons is facing a trial over alleged link to the train attack in Kaduna. Tukur Mamu in this particular situation. What comes to mind when you heard that the Buhari government had said it would release the list of terror financiers but for eight years that never happened.

I think this is one place that we should give a pat on the back to the current government (the Bola Tinubu administration). I was on the edge severally during the last regime. There was lack of national will to deal with this situation at the time. It is good to see a government that is showing a stronger will to deal with these situations. I have said it again and again, that what we have is a political strategic problem masquerading as security challenges. I’ve said that 1001 times. In my analysis of insurgency and terrorism, I’ve talked about eight essays and indeed, one of the essays is what is coming out now – sponsors – because out of the eight essays, all the approaches we have applied in trying to solve the insurgency and terrorism in the country are just about two components of those eight. So adding this third one to it will go a long way because it’s like we’ve been dodging the issue. It’s like we’ve been dodging naming the enemy, naming the adversaries behind this problem. Are we saying that the gates of hell were open suddenly and Nigeria is just having these all-around security challenges coming? Is it that aliens were sent from some abyss to come and attack Nigeria all at the same time?
Re: Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan by immortalcrown(m): 11:06pm On Mar 24
Selective justice is injustice.
Re: Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan by Lumarstone: 11:10pm On Mar 24
Please! One thing we should be aware is that Buhari administration has come and gone and is now a past tense. Tinubu is now our current president, thus, should be blamed for all our present economic challenges.

God punish you if you tries to attach me for speaking the truth.

I left..!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan by NewDea4: 11:17pm On Mar 24
dododawa1:
Major General Ayoola Said One can only imagine if this is not properly managed, a kind of aggression and a kind of reaction that could have come naturally if it’s not well–managed from the military.

When I was on Operation Safe Haven, we held peace palace almost every week because it was clear that this was not just purely a security challenge. And so there was a need to engage different groups of people, different age groups, different ethnic groups, and different religious groups, all in an attempt to find a solution. In Yoruba, there is a proverb that when something is lost, you search for it anyhow. When you are trying to find a solution to very abnormal situations, you cross several lines, you bend backwards, you lower yourself to even, more or less becoming a preacher even though you are in uniform, you do everything because you want a solution. And if the solution is going to come by the softpower method, by the peace approach, why not? we have been too long in this state as a nation. If you imagine the amount of money that have been spent for the various operations that have been on in the country for over 20 years, those kinds of money will have been used to develop our infrastructure. So the military officers are aware of these things. They are not happy being out there doing what ordinarily should have been police work, nobody is happy with that. That’s the reality on the ground.

Let me take you to the terrorism financiers’ list that was released by the authorities which listed about 15 persons and firms alleged to be involved in terror financing and are being listed for sanctions. What do you make of this?

Nigeria has been battling to kill terrorism for over 20 years now from the northeast region. And now we’re seeing some active roles of these terror gangs within the northwest region of the country in the name of banditry.

Now, one of those persons is facing a trial over alleged link to the train attack in Kaduna. Tukur Mamu in this particular situation. What comes to mind when you heard that the Buhari government had said it would release the list of terror financiers but for eight years that never happened.

I think this is one place that we should give a pat on the back to the current government (the Bola Tinubu administration). I was on the edge severally during the last regime. There was lack of national will to deal with this situation at the time. It is good to see a government that is showing a stronger will to deal with these situations. I have said it again and again, that what we have is a political strategic problem masquerading as security challenges. I’ve said that 1001 times. In my analysis of insurgency and terrorism, I’ve talked about eight essays and indeed, one of the essays is what is coming out now – sponsors – because out of the eight essays, all the approaches we have applied in trying to solve the insurgency and terrorism in the country are just about two components of those eight. So adding this third one to it will go a long way because it’s like we’ve been dodging the issue. It’s like we’ve been dodging naming the enemy, naming the adversaries behind this problem. Are we saying that the gates of hell were open suddenly and Nigeria is just having these all-around security challenges coming? Is it that aliens were sent from some abyss to come and attack Nigeria all at the same time?

Tinubu got nothing to offer anybody aside from his family and friends

You be mumu...senior mugu!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan by Chigorkizz(m): 11:17pm On Mar 24
Coming from the same people that defended Buhari for eight years.

You people never disappoint.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan by NewDea4: 11:18pm On Mar 24
Chigorkizz:
Coming from the same people that defended Buhari for eight years.

You people never disappoint.

They are brain-dead fools

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan by dododawa1: 12:59pm On Mar 26
NewDea4:

Tinubu got nothing to offer anybody aside from his family and friends

You be mumu...senior mugu!
you are right

I don't argue with idiots.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lacked Political Will, Tinubu Should Be Commended For Naming Terror Finan by SisterAnn(f): 1:35am On Mar 27
Named? Named who? Nobody was named in that list except one name that was already in the public domain.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is The Safest Place To Live In - Bayo Onanuga / Fubara Restates Support For Tinubu’s FG Policies / Yoruba-Nation: Igboho Disowns Invaders Of Oyo Gov’t Secretariat, Demands Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.