Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man (594 Views)

Lady Poisoned After She Told Friends She Was Moving To The UK (Video) / Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? / Nigerian Man Meets 'Tallest' & 'Shortest' Men In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by Happytravels: 7:41am On Mar 25
I am a white lady who is 30 years of age. I am going over to see a man I have been talking to for some time. He treats me very well. My ex of two years was Nigerian too. No huge complaints, but we really just did not match and we wanted different things in a relationship. So we moved on. My sister's husband is also Nigerian. And they have a child together.

But when I ask other expats and travellers, I'm told that it will always end in a mess and that these men just want to scam me ..

This man helps provide for me. He has never asked me of money like my ex did. He is always there for me and communicates very well. He is very mature and wants a family and marriage if we feel that we are a match together. Even if I decide to live in Nigeria, he is okay with that and not moving anywhere else . He also told everyone online that he is interested in me. He even posted many videos of me. Because he is very popular online (he has many likes on tiktok and followers). But I talk to him daily on video calls and his family and friends also on video call. We can talk all night.

But I am told he is going to kidnap me or hurt me, or steal everything from me ... Everyone laughs at me in my home country and tells me I am a idiot. I'm not sure why. I know there are scammers and yahoo boys in Nigeria. I know this very well. I know what dey be like. I don't feel he is one. But as soon as I say "Nigerian" they say I am being played :/ is this true for every man tin Nigeria though? Hmm

Also I am also told I will get kidnapped in Nigeria when I go to visit :/ that I will always be in danger in Lagos .. this scares me

1 Like

Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by Dogalmighty17: 8:21am On Mar 25
I'm happy you seem to have found love. Of course your security is equally important as well. Your fears may be unfounded but aren't misplaced.

Ensure the embassy of your country here in Nigeria knows where you will be visiting in Nigeria and also make sure they have your man's contact information.

Like with all things of the heart, due diligence should always be there watchword and ofcourse guard your heart closely.
Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by ShenTeh(m): 8:55am On Mar 25
Happytravels:
I am a white lady who is 30 years of age. I am going over to see a man I have been talking to for some time. He treats me very well. My ex of two years was Nigerian too. No huge complaints, but we really just did not match and we wanted different things in a relationship. So we moved on. My sister's husband is also Nigerian. And they have a child together.

But when I ask other expats and travellers, I'm told that it will always end in a mess and that these men just want to scam me ..

This man helps provide for me. He has never asked me of money like my ex did. He is always there for me and communicates very well. He is very mature and wants a family and marriage if we feel that we are a match together. Even if I decide to live in Nigeria, he is okay with that. He also told every lady online that he is interested in someone else. He even posted many videos of me. Because he is very popular online.

But I am told he is going to kidnap me or hurt me, or steal everything from me ... Everyone laughs at me in my home country and tells me I am a idiot. I'm not sure why. I know there are scammers and yahoo boys in Nigeria. I know this very well. I know what dey be like. I don't feel he is one. But as soon as I say "Nigerian" they say I am being played :/ is this true for every man tin Nigeria though? Hmm

Also I am also told I will get kidnapped in Nigeria when I go to visit :/ that I will always be in danger in Lagos .. this scares me

Yes. Chances are that you are being played.

Nigerians are generally a very lovely and adorable people but unfortunately many bad eggs exist amongst us. The path of finding an interracial online love is highly coveted in Nigeria too, which is why it is being exploited for romance scams by the criminals amongst us.

I particularly believe that that you are being played by these criminals based on your statement that that individual is a public figure, which is one of their modus operandi. One way to burst this is to do a reverse search: conduct an open Google/public domain search of this 'public figure' and contact them through their often publicly listed social media handles. The first thing you would notice will be the subliminal disparity in what you find and what you know.

Don't let it get into your head just yet. Conduct your own due diligence and you would find the truth that you seek. One example of checking this claim is to search this public

That said, there are millions of honest and awesome great single Nigerians and you will find them everywhere if you search earnestly.
Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by Happytravels: 9:08am On Mar 25
ShenTeh:

Yes. Chances are that you are being played.

Nigerians are generally a very lovely and adorable people but unfortunately many bad eggs exist amongst us. The path of finding an interracial online love is highly coveted in Nigeria too, which is why it is being exploited for romance scams by the criminals amongst us.

I particularly believe that that you are being played by these criminals based on your statement that that individual is a public figure, which is one of their modus operandi. One way to burst this is to do a reverse search: conduct an open Google/public domain search of this 'public figure' and contact them through their often publicly listed social media handles. The first thing you would notice will be the subliminal disparity in what you find and what you know.

Don't let it get into your head just yet. Conduct your own due diligence and you would find the truth that you seek. One example of checking this claim is to search this public

That said, there are millions of honest and awesome great single Nigerians and you will find them everywhere if you search earnestly.

My mistake. I didn't mean that he is famous or anything. Just that he is popular on social media. Like he has many followers on tiktok. But we video chat a lot and I have met his parents and siblings on video too.

1 Like

Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by alakara(m): 1:49pm On Mar 25
Follow your heart. don't listen to what others are saying. You know what's best for you.
Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by MeNmyfamily: 2:57pm On Mar 25
Where you from first first?
Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by pansophist(m): 6:26pm On Mar 25
Happytravels, will you be meeting for the first time?
Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by ednut1(m): 6:28pm On Mar 25
🤣🤣 this is how you will end up

Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by CORPSEFUCKER: 8:04pm On Mar 25
Post proof that you're yt with timestamp

Gerraouttahere tranny
Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by Happytravels: 9:16am On Mar 26
ednut1:
🤣🤣 this is how you will end up

Already told him from the very beginning that I am moving to Nigeria where I am currently. And that he will have to settle here with me, or leave. He had no problem settling here with me and no intention to leave to another country. Orthough he likes the idea, he does not mind staying in Nigeria or whatever I choose to do. If he ever decides that he wants to live outside Nigeria, I told him he can exit the relationship at any time. He currently does not want to do that. I don't want to go home because It is to expensive to live in my country anymore and people are becoming homeless so quickly there
Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by Happytravels: 9:23am On Mar 26
CORPSEFUCKER:
Post proof that you're yt with timestamp

Gerraouttahere tranny

What?
Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by CORPSEFUCKER: 9:25am On Mar 26
Happytravels:

What?

You don't speak English

Post proof that you're not a nigger
Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by 79733139(m): 9:38am On Mar 26
Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by ednut1(m): 10:41am On Mar 26
Happytravels:

Already told him from the very beginning that I am moving to Nigeria where I am currently. And that he will have to settle here with me, or leave. He had no problem settling here with me and no intention to leave to another country. Orthough he likes the idea, he does not mind staying in Nigeria or whatever I choose to do. If he ever decides that he wants to live outside Nigeria, I told him he can exit the relationship at any time. He currently does not want to do that. I don't want to go home because It is to expensive to live in my country anymore and people are becoming homeless so quickly there
troll rest

1 Like

Re: I Am Told I Am Dumb If I Marry A Nigerian Man by TheLastProphet: 5:47am On Mar 27
One mumu for one underbridge is using you all to catch cruise.

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale At Ikorodu / Discounted Air Tickets And Hotel Reservations / USA,CANADA and UK Under 9days with very affordable prices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.