Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Advice Needed On Making A Decision - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Needed On Making A Decision (255 Views)

Please Help Me In Making A Decision Turkey Or Egypt / I Need Your Migration Advice Please, I'm About To Make A Life Changing Decision. / Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Making A Decision by Necksonnel: 8:47am On Mar 25
I got 2 admission into some Canada college early this year but one is already gone because I didn’t pay the deposit, remaining a post secondary certificate med lab assistant course but after the admission the school increased there tuition to from 14k to about 19k cad. It become very expensive also coupled the the naira depreciation. I only have 10M saved for traveling. Since this won’t be enough anymore, am thinking of forgoing the admission also and also the Japa dream for now.

I’m 29years with a first degree in biochemistry. I’m thinking I should go back to school for a pharmacy course maybe a private university here in Nigeria, maybe I can try and sponsor myself with the saved amount OR

I recently started a data analytic course online and it’s great but worried about the future for it because this decision is probably going to decide what I will do for the rest of my life. Don’t really know what the future hold by learning this and if it would be worth the energy because the industry looks like it’s getting over populated just like other tech industries.
So am currently confused in what decision to make
Is there hope for japa plan? I just don’t want to japa atleast with a purpose and I can get job with whatever I study there
Or going back to school
Or full focus on online data analytic courses with hope of a better future
Re: Advice Needed On Making A Decision by ednut1(m): 11:02am On Mar 25
Go and learn French then apply for canada express entry

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Making A Decision by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:05am On Mar 25
ednut1:
Go and learn French then apply for canada express entry

Op this is your best bet. Also save your 10 million in usd and use one year to aggressively learn french.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed On Making A Decision by Necksonnel: 11:32am On Mar 25
Can you guys expantiate more pls. I understand there’s a French speaking part in Canada
Re: Advice Needed On Making A Decision by Necksonnel: 11:33am On Mar 25
tensazangetsu20:

Op this is your best bet. Also save your 10 million in usd and use one year to aggressively learn french.

Can you guys expantiate more pls. I understand there’s a French speaking part in Canada
Re: Advice Needed On Making A Decision by CORPSEFUCKER: 11:35am On Mar 25
Get cancer
Re: Advice Needed On Making A Decision by alakara(m): 1:47pm On Mar 25
look for a low key european country and seek for Masters in that country. Also, save some of your money in forex. Cheers.
Re: Advice Needed On Making A Decision by Necksonnel: 2:29pm On Mar 25
alakara:
look for a low key european country and seek for Masters in that country. Also, save some of your money in forex. Cheers.
Yeah, except the language barrier
Re: Advice Needed On Making A Decision by ednut1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 25
Necksonnel:

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration

Read. If you go to Canada as a student in those cheap colleges there is no guarantee for permanent residency after. There are currently over 800k students in Canada and yearly pr slots is about 250k for economic migrants ( less than half of that will go to students). So why waste your money for uncertainty. There are currently few jobs for students too as economy is not smiling.

But if you are able to learn French and pass well it will enable you to get high scores for express entry .

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/politics/article-foreign-students-being-tricked-into-thinking-they-can-get-permanent/

The immigration minister has also warned that study in Canada does not guarantee permanent residency. So be strategic

(1) (Reply)

US Visa Payment Enquiries / 100 Passengers Stranded As Aviation Unions Shut Down MMA2 / Boeing To Roll Out Design Changes On 737 Max 8 As More Aircraft Grounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.