Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,479 members, 7,850,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:55 AM

A'Ibom Govt To Partner Lavender Farms For Expansion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A'Ibom Govt To Partner Lavender Farms For Expansion (78 Views)

I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E: Herdsmen Chase Farmers, Seize Farms For Grazing In Delta / Sanwo-olu Buys 800 New BRT Buses, Starts Expansion Of BRT Lanes / Kaduna Inland Port For Expansion In 2019 — Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A'Ibom Govt To Partner Lavender Farms For Expansion by Browndiary(m): 7:47pm On Mar 25
...donates utility vehicle to support young A'Ibom Agropreneur

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Pastor Umo Eno has demonstrated his commitment to the Agricultural Revolution aspect of his ARISE Agenda by partnering an indigenous company, Lavender Farms to scale up its farming operations.

On a visit to the Farm at Afaha Etok, Ibesikpo Asutan Local Government Area, Governor Eno directed that the SSG, Prince Enobong Uwah and Commissioner for Agriculture, Dr. Offiong Offor, should liaise with the farm management to explore possible areas of partnership to develop the farm, and also announced instant donation of utility vehicle to aid the farm's logistics.

The Governor said, he was proud of the Ikono born Managing Director of the farm, Ubong Inyang, stressing that his venture into agriculture was in line with the government's ARISE Agenda.

He commended Ubong's dedication to the running of the massive integrated farm venture and not depending on parents' achievements, despite his rich family background.

He called on other youths in the State and beyond to emulate such, as he reaffirmed government's commitment to creating a conducive environment for productive ventures to thrive in the state.

In his words, "I feel extremely proud of him. These are the kind of people I want to support. It is not just enough to blame government, start something; there is no one that would not love to support this kind of effort.

"We are already looking for areas we can support him to scale up. He has already said that he wants to scale up. That is why I came here with the Honourable Commissioner for Agriculture and SSG.

"As we conclude this inspection, we have observed that what he lacks now is a farm vehicle. So to encourage him beyond the partnership that we want to have, I am requesting the SSG to release one farm vehicle for him immediately to mark our visit" he added.

In expression of gratitude, Inyang said he was pleasantly surprised and elated to have the governor pay a visit to his farm.

He acknowledged the push by the Pastor Umo Eno- led government to encourage farming and entrepreneurship, as well as the atmosphere maintained in the State as strong inspiration for him.

Inyang expressed optimism that with government's support, he is sure to expand his farm's operations, while urging other Akwa Ibom youths to see agriculture as a lucrative venture.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Said “we Must Treat Kidnappers As Terrorists / Re-capitulation: Interactive Session Between Arise Media Experts And Dr.asue Igh / Easter: Gov Adeleke Preaches Love, Sacrifice. Osun State Governor (

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.