Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Why Asue Ighodalo And Not Olu Akpata? By Semi Eriyo Sr. A Few Of My Family Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Asue Ighodalo And Not Olu Akpata? By Semi Eriyo Sr. A Few Of My Family Me (110 Views)

Truck Runs Into Edo Gubernatorial Aspirant, Barr. Asue Ighodalo’s Car / Edo 2024: Another Governorship Aspirant Withdraws, Endorses Asue Ighodalo / Asue Ighodalo Uses Interpreter To Declare Ambition Before Kinsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Asue Ighodalo And Not Olu Akpata? By Semi Eriyo Sr. A Few Of My Family Me by Samueliyobosa(m): 9:38pm On Mar 25
Why Asue Ighodalo And Not Olu Akpata?

By Semi Eriyo Sr.

A few of my family members and dearest friends, recently have asked me why I am supporting Barr. Asue Ighodalo to become the next Governor of Edo State and not Barr. Olu Akpata? I will answer them and others who may be thinking along the same line here.

While my reasons are my entitlement and subjective opinion, hopefully it will resonate and answer you all. Let me admit from the jump that both men are qualified to be the next Governor of Edo State, have the capacity and vision to keep Edo State and her people progressively matching forward. I can only support one of them.

Why Barr. Asue Ighodalo? He represent the best candidate at the moment for me. Outside his outstanding pedigree, educational qualifications, experience, his vision for Edo State and her people anchoring on his verifiable bodies of works, the other simple reasons is the fact that he has been associated with EdoGovt since 2008 as part of Governor Oshiomhole's economic team as headed by the present Governor Obaseki and Chairman of the Alaghodaro Summit since inception in 2016 which has formed a private yearly self sponsored policy think tank that has assisted the current administration to formulate progressive policies that is having direct positive impact on Edo people.

Barr. Asue Ighodalo if elected by the good people of Edo State, God willing and that of our Ancestors, he will hit the ground running from day one bringing his 16 year of direct association with EdoGovt which I can't say for Barr. Olu Akpata.

I have only heard of Barr. Olu Akpata when he won and became the Nigeria Bar Association Chairman. Yet to hear or read of his direct, indirect contributions to the governing of the state in any capacity or services to EdoGovt past and present in whatever shape or form.

Governorship election is local and looking at the political parties they each represent as flag bearers, PDP which Barr. Asue Ighodalo is representing have a better structure across the 18 LGAs, and 192 Wards in the state. This for me gives Barr. Asue Ighodalo an advantage to win over Barr. Olu Akpata who is representing the Labour Party.

The desicion to support Barr. Asue Ighodalo is driven by my desire for a better Edo state for Edo people with who I sincerely believe based on my conscience first of all, limited knowledge, information, and political experience will perform credibly, continuing sustaining and improving on the gains Edo State have made to this point.

At the end of the day, may the best man wins and determined only by the votes of Edo people.

Re: Why Asue Ighodalo And Not Olu Akpata? By Semi Eriyo Sr. A Few Of My Family Me by Naira20: 10:02pm On Mar 25
"Hit the ground running" like Tinubu abi?
Story.

Asue has been part of the problem in Edo state.
He's been advising the govt since 2008.

Olu Akpata is a better option. Less godfathers to settle

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2024: What Qualities Does Asue Ighodalo Have Over His Fellow Contenders / Just In: INEC Disowns Labour Party Convention In Anambra / Julius Abure Wins To Lead Labour Party For The Next Four Years Against All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.