Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) (16182 Views)

Lagos Government Acquires Innoson CNG Buses (Video) / Innoson Produces CNG Vehicles, Asks Nigerians To Say Bye To Petrol / Innoson Displays More CNG And LNG Powered Vehicles(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by BeeNG3: 8:42am On Mar 27
This guy na performer o
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by TheAlchemist: 8:45am On Mar 27
successman100:
Buy Inoson Vehicles....

All the innoson vehicles used for uber in Lagos where are they now? supporting local content does not mean supporting substandard products. Innoson needs to get back to the drawing board to unravel why a 20 year old Corolla used on uber is still out performing a brand new innoson vehicle. We should not allow sentiments to becloud our sense of reasoning.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by Cantonese: 8:45am On Mar 27
Omihanifa:

Bro don't be carried away by what you see online. Go to niger state and see the state of the roads yourself.

What's the point of buying these buses when it won't be able to give comfortably due to the state of the roads.

The roads are bad and narrow, by the time you start using these buses it will further complicate the problems because they can't move fast and most people will just opt for keke or bike instead.

It's like you driving a ferrari where there are potholes. It has defeated the objective of the car

Surely the roads are not what they should be. However that is not common to Niger state only. We have many states in the country with the same horrible road infrastructure. If resources are embezzled by a few, how can the states develop?

Niger state has about the biggest landmass in the entire federation. Previous governments have not much to show with all the revenue. Someone must kickstart proper development from somewhere. Before now, there has not been such thing. That governor must be commended. By the way have you not seen his efforts with agriculture?

With time, if he keep corruption low, he surely will invest in improving the road network. For me, I just hope. However for now, let’s commend him for his effort to make transportation less expensive for the citizens.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by DesireV: 9:11am On Mar 27
Busu001:
The Architect Of New Niger state.
He obviously has great dreams for the state but he's poor with setting priorities or not being properly advised. I'll elucidate using the health, education, and works (infrastructure) sectors.

Immediately he assumed office, he started construction of a teaching hospital and converted the College of Education to a University.
This is a state with non functional primary health facilities & Elementary/Basic education structures. No matter how sophisticated the tertiary health and education are, they will be almost useless in the presence of faulty primary and secondary levels.

For health, the primary level(about 80% of health needs) is to promote health, prevent illnesses, and for prompt treatment of mild illnesses. This is what developed countries now focus on- prevent illnesses rather than wait to manage them when they happen. It's more effective and alot cheaper. Environmental sanitation, health education, nutrition, immunization etc are in primary health. Imagine unavailability of routine childhood vaccines & common antimalarials in primary health centres, women recklessly delivering at home, indiscriminate waste disposal, etc. All of these in the state capital, imagine what's happening in remote areas.
Teaching Hospitals, being at the tertiary level of care(just about 20% of health needs), are meant to attend to complicated cases most of which a functional primary care would have prevented. This governor neglected 80% for 20%. He prefers depriving children BCG, Hep B, Polio, and other vaccines to rather build a teaching hospital to later manage them for Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B, Polio respectively.
The cost of 1 teaching hospital will fund functional primary health centres in every nook and crannies of Niger.
Meanwhile, there are 2 tertiary health facilities within 3hours drive from the state capital (University of Abuja Teaching Hospital & FMC, Bida). The Teaching Hospital project in Minna is a misplaced priority, especially in the face of a poor primary health.

A similar thing is happening with education. It was in Minna I first heard primary school pupils run shifts. As in, due to lack of enough schools/structures, some pupils will go to school in the morning, return by noon or so, then some will go by noon and return few hours later. It's that bad. You can drive for hours within habited areas in Niger without sighting a govt primary or secondary school.
You'll wonder who this governor is building the university for. Same children who have been denied functional basic education? Or he wants them to start from the university? There are about 4 Federal universities within 4hours from Minna.
If you provide sound basic education to people, they will access tertiary no matter how far it is from them. The sound basic education would have created the needed zeal.

Sad thing is that, the Teaching Hospital and University projects are capital intensive and lack of interests by subsequent govts will make them end up being waste of scarce resources but primary health centres or schools require less resources to fund and even NGOs or philanthropists can take over the funding later.

On works, this governor asked citizens to remove interlock on road pavements across Minna with the excuse of wanting to plant grass. Months down the line, the road pavements remain unkempt. Many road constructions were started simultaneously, many of which were previously motorable. Works have stopped on some after scrapping the old bitumen and traffic diversion. Meanwhile, the roads linking the capital to FCT & SW via Kwara are in deplorable conditions. A whole lot of roads within Minna itself are not motorable. This governor replaced streetlight poles. The old ones weren't rusted or bad. If anything must be done to them, maybe repainting. Unfortunately, the supposed replacements were thinner and not as strong as the replaced cheesy
I forsee lots of abandoned projects by the end of this man's tenure and the ones that will be completed will likely not have maximal impact on the lives of the ordinary citizens.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by TheAlchemist: 9:12am On Mar 27
Project sustainability is usually overlooked by our leaders because they erroneously believe a large portion of the masses are quite gullible... Time will tell concerning the long term viability of this project.....
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by 7upnigeria: 9:40am On Mar 27
Exousiang01:

If I be Nigerian leader, I go just dey do anything I like, because nothing anyone does ever looks good in the eyes of Nigerians.
Despite the headline saying construction of about 500KM of road is on the way and this same guy has been doing dangerously great in agriculture you are still her faulting him.
Una be plague

Better dont listen to the children of perdition. That's d problem with obedients, they have problem for every solution.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by DeOTR: 10:22am On Mar 27
Exousiang01:

If I be Nigerian leader, I go just dey do anything I like, because nothing anyone does ever looks good in the eyes of Nigerians.
Despite the headline saying construction of about 500KM of road is on the way and this same guy has been doing dangerously great in agriculture you are still her faulting him.
Una be plague
The guy you're quoting actually knows Niger state very well. These kind of bus can't enter Suleja without causing issues, except of course, if they're intending to go through Dikko and stop at Kaduna road.
Honestly, I can't point to any good road anywhere in that State.
While this is commendable, he should also try to do some road infrastructures. The state needs good roads for the farm produce too.
We should always criticize our leaders if something is a miss.
With all the available resources, buying buses should not something we'll be commending.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by DeOTR: 10:25am On Mar 27
Juliearth:

And you think these extensions/ expansions are not underway? Why criticise unconstructively and blindly? When was the last time you visited Minna?
Nothing is underway as far as Suleja is concerned and that's where most of these buses will be plying.
I was still in Suleja last week.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by OredoPikin: 10:32am On Mar 27
Godoverevery:

No commendation??

Only condemnation and criticism
Commendation like he bought it with his personal money and over 30 people liked ur comment
Omo naija is doom
See human being brain
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by AbuAeesha: 11:07am On Mar 27
Omihanifa:

The truth is bitter. How many Nigeria roads are designed for this kind of buses?

How do you expect this of bus to move side by side with smaller vehicles, keke, and trucks? Go to niger state and see things yourself.
and can the roads be expanded overnight??
if the roads need to be expanded bfr rolling out these vehicle, how long will the pple wait for relief.??
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by travelzcruix: 11:09am On Mar 27
Nigerians and priority sha. These investment can neatly be done by private individuals. Who will do the maintenance and repairs. Government has no business doing business. Come to my state, Cross River and see what is left of Metro- blue buses an ex-governor spent billions purchasing. it is currently a giant scrap heap.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by Mavor: 11:32am On Mar 27
Where is the gas in Niger State?
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by walegon: 11:40am On Mar 27
Exousiang01:
I love this guy.
He is another Zulum in the making.....

Taking serious steps without noise......

Oti would construct gutter with N500m and spend N100m to snap pictures and do adverts..

Plant Julius Berger sign post and pay media for coverage

Must you bring otti into this :/
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by bizzle2: 11:45am On Mar 27
TheAlchemist:

All the innoson vehicles used for uber in Lagos where are they now? supporting local content does not mean supporting substandard products. Innoson needs to get back to the drawing board to unravel why a 20 year old Corolla used on uber is still out performing a brand new innoson vehicle. We should not allow sentiments to becloud our sense of reasoning.
Why are you people such terrible liars . Can you validate your claim that Innoson Vehicles are "substandard" ?
Do you have any data to prove that either by manufacturing specifications or reliability, Innoson falls short of these Chinese or Korean options imported in its stead ?
When it comes to private funds it's "Buy Nigeria to grow Nigeria", but whn its time to embezzle public funds, you see all kinds of brain dead arguments in favour of importation.
Innoson is local, it is extremely easy to hold them to a maintenance/warranty agreement
A govt that constantly spends public funds on foreign options has Zero rights to implore citizens to spend thier private money on local alternatives.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by commoditiesnig: 11:55am On Mar 27
Congrats mr Governor
madridguy:
The great performer and not noise maker.
Yeah he's doing a great job.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by porthouse7(f): 1:06pm On Mar 27
tiwasiaife:
We have Innoson CNG but they prefer to source for dollar and use it to import from China yet they want economy to grow.
how many months will it take innoson to deliver 50 buses or to talk of 200, fact is innoson lack capacity to mass produce
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:10pm On Mar 27
oseiwe:

Boss, CNG vs LNG, which is cheaper to run?

I am not up to date with LNG prices
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by khattab02: 2:12pm On Mar 27
alimiadedayo1:

Don't mind him. Even though I don't like APC as a party but when it comes to performance, this man try. I am based in minna and I can see his works with my physical eyes and the man touches all sector from Agriculture to construction and other infrastructures
hmmm... Interesting to hear.

Niger state is also my adopted stated. It good am hearing things like this.

Does it also mean that Sanni Bello did virtually nothing in his 8 years?

Am just asking
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by khattab02: 2:25pm On Mar 27
Tallesty1:
Everything is not hate; I am not sure if you are in Niger state, else you will agree with him. Suleja - Abuja road is already choked and has been begging for expansion since the time of Adam. These buses won't function well on that route; the road is small and incredibly busy, so traffic will be mad.

Also, who buys vehicles first before building the roads on which they will run? Telling your leaders to do things the right way is not hate.
đŸ¤£đŸ¤£đŸ¤£đŸ¤£

Your expression "since the time of Adam " got me cracking.

I remembered when I was plying on that road, I thought it was given to Salini construction company? I wonder what happened

I also think Sanni Bello wasted the last 8 years and he was not stoned like Talba in 2015 during handover.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by khattab02: 2:28pm On Mar 27
Cantonese:

Surely the roads are not what they should be. However that is not common to Niger state only. We have many states in the country with the same horrible road infrastructure. If resources are embezzled by a few, how can the states develop?

Niger state has about the biggest landmass in the entire federation. Previous governments have not much to show with all the revenue. Someone must kickstart proper development from somewhere. Before now, there has not been such thing. That governor must be commended. By the way have you not seen his efforts with agriculture?

With time, if he keep corruption low, he surely will invest in improving the road network. For me, I just hope. However for now, let’s commend him for his effort to make transportation less expensive for the citizens.
Very very good point!

Am still wondering what Sanni Bello came to do as the governor of Niger state? Yet he was from a wealthy family.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by alimiadedayo1: 2:29pm On Mar 27
khattab02:
hmmm... Interesting to hear.

Niger state is also my adopted stated. It good am hearing things like this.

Does it also mean that Sanni Bello did virtually nothing in his 8 years?
my brother he did nothing for 8 years, if not that they are in the same party abu loko would have been in jailed by now.. He sold all most all the government properties to his clonies and friends

Am just asking
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by khattab02: 2:38pm On Mar 27
DesireV:

He obviously has great dreams for the state but he's poor with setting priorities or not being properly advised. I'll elucidate using the health, education, and works (infrastructure) sectors.

Immediately he assumed office, he started construction of a teaching hospital and converted the College of Education to a University.
This is a state with non functional primary health facilities & Elementary/Basic education structures. No matter how sophisticated the tertiary health and education are, they will be almost useless in the presence of faulty primary and secondary levels.

For health, the primary level(about 80% of health needs) is to promote health, prevent illnesses, and for prompt treatment of mild illnesses. This is what developed countries now focus on- prevent illnesses rather than wait to manage them when they happen. It's more effective and alot cheaper. Environmental sanitation, health education, nutrition, immunization etc are in primary health. Imagine unavailability of routine childhood vaccines & common antimalarials in primary health centres, women recklessly delivering at home, indiscriminate waste disposal, etc. All of these in the state capital, imagine what's happening in remote areas.
Teaching Hospitals, being at the tertiary level of care(just about 20% of health needs), are meant to attend to complicated cases most of which a functional primary care would have prevented. This governor neglected 80% for 20%. He prefers depriving children BCG, Hep B, Polio, and other vaccines to rather build a teaching hospital to later manage them for Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B, Polio respectively.
The cost of 1 teaching hospital will fund functional primary health centres in every nook and crannies of Niger.
Meanwhile, there are 2 tertiary health facilities within 3hours drive from the state capital (University of Abuja Teaching Hospital & FMC, Bida). The Teaching Hospital project in Minna is a misplaced priority, especially in the face of a poor primary health.

A similar thing is happening with education. It was in Minna I first heard primary school pupils run shifts. As in, due to lack of enough schools/structures, some pupils will go to school in the morning, return by noon or so, then some will go by noon and return few hours later. It's that bad. You can drive for hours within habited areas in Niger without sighting a govt primary or secondary school.
You'll wonder who this governor is building the university for. Same children who have been denied functional basic education? Or he wants them to start from the university? There are about 4 Federal universities within 4hours from Minna.
If you provide sound basic education to people, they will access tertiary no matter how far it is from them. The sound basic education would have created the needed zeal.

Sad thing is that, the Teaching Hospital and University projects are capital intensive and lack of interests by subsequent govts will make them end up being waste of scarce resources but primary health centres or schools require less resources to fund and even NGOs or philanthropists can take over the funding later.

On works, this governor asked citizens to remove interlock on road pavements across Minna with the excuse of wanting to plant grass. Months down the line, the road pavements remain unkempt. Many road constructions were started simultaneously, many of which were previously motorable. Works have stopped on some after scrapping the old bitumen and traffic diversion. Meanwhile, the roads linking the capital to FCT & SW via Kwara are in deplorable conditions. A whole lot of roads within Minna itself are not motorable. This governor replaced streetlight poles. The old ones weren't rusted or bad. If anything must be done to them, maybe repainting. Unfortunately, the supposed replacements were thinner and not as strong as the replaced cheesy
I forsee lots of abandoned projects by the end of this man's tenure and the ones that will be completed will likely not have maximal impact on the lives of the ordinary citizens.
hmmmm

U made good points there.

If I remembered very well, most of those interlocks were done during Talba's time and some areas with street light not shining more than 2 meters.

I wonder why some of our leaders like to go for the capital intensive white elephant projects.

I hope he focus on priorities and get the jobs done before tenure expires
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by HRMK: 2:40pm On Mar 27
wasted efforts!
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by khattab02: 2:42pm On Mar 27
[quote author=alimiadedayo1 post=129135130][/quote]hmmmmm... When I was in Minna then, we all thought he could do better than his then PDP candidate, Umar Nasko.

Many perceived Nasko as Talba's stooge and voted Sanni Bello also accompanied by the APC vast movement then.

Too bad for Sanni Bello
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by tiwasiaife(m): 3:07pm On Mar 27
porthouse7:
how many months will it take innoson to deliver 50 buses or to talk of 200, fact is innoson lack capacity to mass produce

Out of the 200 they can buy 50 from Innoson and buy others outside.
Nigeria keep wasting and expecting economy to grow.
Innoson supplied 500 buses to a single state.
Patronize home made and save forex they say no.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by alimiadedayo1: 3:17pm On Mar 27
khattab02:
hmmmmm... When I was in Minna then, we all thought he could do better than his then PDP candidate, Umar Nasko.

Many perceived Nasko as Talba's stooge and voted Sanni Bello also accompanied by the APC vast movement then.

Too bad for Sanni Bello
Talba performed very well when he was a governor. so, Talba is a good precedence for people to vote for Nasko but they played religion politics by saying that nasko used to carry woman and he will use the money of the government to shina.Imagine that kind of shallow mentality in people's mind

2 Likes

Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by Cantonese: 3:18pm On Mar 27
khattab02:
Very very good point!

Am still wondering what Sanni Bello came to do as the governor of Niger state? Yet he was from a wealthy family.

The same reign of embezzlement and looting of public treasury. That’s all the do with power. They forget absolutely that they would traverse the same roads whether good or bad at the end of their tenures.

Wealthy families use their wealth to capture power, with the aim of remaining in power to loot more.

That’s what it is.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by Testimony1988(m): 4:53pm On Mar 27
The problem will be on how to maintain the buses.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by PropertyBuying(f): 6:54pm On Mar 27
That's a good one for the Niger State Govt.
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by khattab02: 7:48pm On Mar 27
Cantonese:

The same reign of embezzlement and looting of public treasury. That’s all the do with power. They forget absolutely that they would traverse the same roads whether good or bad at the end of their tenures.

Wealthy families use their wealth to capture power, with the aim of remaining in power to loot more.

That’s what it is.
hmmm...

What a shame!
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by Adambx: 8:29pm On Mar 27
Well as of d look of things Bago looks promising plus some major roads in suleja has been marked already for expansion so i really dnt have much to say abt Bago....
Re: Niger State Acquires 200 CNG Buses (Video, Pictures) by 3seriez(m): 11:43pm On Mar 27
Omihanifa:
The governor should first expand the roads before bringing buses that will be difficult to drive on those narrow roads.

At it stands now the way nigeria roads are designed these buses can't function well. It will create further traffic problems.

How do you expect these buses to comfortably ply a place like suleja without creating traffic gridlock undecided

Suleja yes. But I don't remember any traffic when last I visited Minna.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

These Are The 15 Safest 2018 Cars So Far - IIHS / FRSC Begins Full Enforcement Of NIN As Condition For Vehicle Registration / The Life Cycle Of The Mercedes Benz !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.