Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry (552 Views)

Worsening Economy: Stop Floating Of Naira Immediately, Sagay Tells Tinubu / Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Complete All Ambode's Projects Before Starting New Ones, Sagay Tells Sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by nairavsdollars(f): 1:13pm On Mar 26
Itse Sagay, a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN), says the federal government should not use Boeing Max planes for Nigeria’s official carrier — Nigeria Air — because of its history of deadly crashes.

Speaking with TheCable on Monday, Sagay, former chairman of the presidential advisory committee against corruption (PACAC), said Hadi Sirika, the immediate past aviation minister, made arrangements with Ethiopian Airlines to use Boeing 737 Max planes for the Air Nigeria project.

He said he spoke with Keyamo who also confirmed that Sirika agreed with Ethiopian Airlines to use Boeing 737 Max aircraft, which has been grounded in many countries, for Nigeria Air.

“I want to express my views on the issue of Air Nigeria which was started by the immediate past aviation minister, Hadi Sirika. The matter is now hanging on the desk of Festus Keyamo, the current aviation minister”.

"From what I read on the internet, Sirika arranged with Ethiopian Airlines that the planes that will service Air Nigeria Boeing 737 Max which has been having crashes. He made plans with them to deploy the aircraft which Ethiopian Airlines had plenty of to Nigeria to be used for Air Nigeria”.

“I expressed my alarm about it to Festus Keyamo and he confirmed it.

“I want to use this opportunity to express my views to the general public that the Ministry of Aviation should not be allowed to import the Boeing 737 Max to this country because there is no evidence that anything has been done to rectify the problems".

Presently, if you check Boeing, hardly any day goes by without any incidents with Boeing 737.

“It was grounded worldwide between 2019 and 2020 after deadly crashes. I remember the Ethiopian Airlines and the one in Alaska. There are others in the US itself that are experiencing problems too.

“We should not allow any airline to be established in the name of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to come with deadly airplanes that will further endanger the lives of Nigerians who are suffering presently from armed robbery, kidnapping and hardship occasioned by high prices.

“We can’t add the danger of flying an aircraft that you are not sure of arriving at your destination to it".

" I am also calling on the aviation minister, Festus Keyamo to go and look at other reliable aircraft, maybe like Airbus that has a consistent history of safety and comfort.

“We can’t risk using Boeing whose records keep getting worse and worse and they are always going to the drawing board to go and correct things. They are trying to produce aircraft cheaply without going through the necessary procedures.”

Keyamo had announced the suspension of the Nigeria Air project on August 2023.

He said the project was suspended because Nigerians, and government agencies “raised red flags” about it.

The national carrier is a major project under the aviation roadmap implemented by the administration of ex-President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-air-sagay-warns-aviation-ministry-against-use-of-boeing-737-planes-says-its-risky

Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by odinaccess: 1:14pm On Mar 26
Fear dey catch u
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by bolaayenimo: 1:18pm On Mar 26
This is pure wickedness. Killer Planes that Ethiopian Airlines are looking for ways to dispose. You went to buy them for Air Nigeria. Why is Sirika still walking free?
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by helinues: 1:23pm On Mar 26
That agreement ends with Buhari's term.

Na new government we dey so
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by immortalcrown(m): 1:23pm On Mar 26
Nigerian government always starts with banned or outdated models.
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by immortalcrown(m): 1:27pm On Mar 26
helinues:
That agreement ends with Buhari's term.

Na new government we dey so
The agreement was for how many years?
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by helinues: 1:29pm On Mar 26
immortalcrown:
The agreement was for how many years?

Have they made use of the said planes?
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by immortalcrown(m): 1:37pm On Mar 26
helinues:
Have they made use of the said planes?
This your question goes to you since you claim the agreement ended with Buhari's regime. Meanwhile, answer my question first.
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by helinues: 1:40pm On Mar 26
immortalcrown:
This your question goes to you since you claim the agreement ended with Buhari's regime. Meanwhile, answer my question first.

Government can terminate any shady deal no matter the duration
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by immortalcrown(m): 1:43pm On Mar 26
helinues:
Government can terminate any shady deal no matter the duration
You have not answered my question.

The agreement is for how many years? In other words, how did you confirm that the agreement ended with Buhari's regime?
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by helinues: 1:47pm On Mar 26
immortalcrown:
You have not answered my question.

The agreement is for how many years? In other words, how did you confirm that the agreement ended with Buhari's regime?

I don't know the duration of the agreement. Even if the contract is till 2040, new government can terminate it if they are shady
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by immortalcrown(m): 1:49pm On Mar 26
helinues:
[b]I don't know the duration of the agreement. [/b]Even if the contract is till 2040, new government can terminate it if they are shady
So, why did you claim that the agreement ended with Buhari's regime?
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by helinues: 1:51pm On Mar 26
immortalcrown:
So, why did you claim that the agreement ended with Buhari's regime?

Read and comprehend bro
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by immortalcrown(m): 1:54pm On Mar 26
helinues:
Read and comprehend bro
I should read your comment and comprehend what is not in the comment?
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by helinues: 1:55pm On Mar 26
immortalcrown:
I should read your comment and comprehend what is not in the comment?

Even if the contract is till 2040, new government can terminate it if they are shady
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by immortalcrown(m): 2:01pm On Mar 26
helinues:
My response is to your main comment. Prove you are right on it or admit your mistake.
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by BOSSkesh(m): 2:10pm On Mar 26
We can't keep doing this nonsense
Where's the agency that's supposed to prioritize our safety
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by Aboks(m): 2:23pm On Mar 26
Lack of maintainance

At your own risk

Expired products
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by bolaayenimo: 2:55pm On Mar 26
You mean those bribe collectors
BOSSkesh:
We can't keep doing this nonsense
Where's the agency that's supposed to prioritize our safety
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by Korectmann: 3:14pm On Mar 26
helinues:

Have you entered aeroplane before?
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by bolaayenimo: 4:10pm On Mar 26
Can Tinubu terminate Buhari’s agreement? He promised to continue from where Buhari stopped
helinues:

I don't know the duration of the agreement. Even if the contract is till 2040, new government can terminate it if they are shady
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by mohbadliveson: 5:25pm On Mar 26
see mumu reasoning
odinaccess:
Fear dey catch u
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by Melagros(m): 5:51pm On Mar 26
COMRADES, this advice is welcomed
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by hisexcellency34: 8:23pm On Mar 26
very sad a whole Nigeria doesnt have national airline in 2024
Re: Nigeria Air: Boeing 737 Max Risky, Avoid It, Sagay Tells Aviation Ministry by bolaayenimo: 7:14am On Mar 27
We have NigeriaAir
hisexcellency34:
very sad a whole Nigeria doesnt have national airline in 2024

(1) (Reply)

Nathaniel Bassey Petitions IGP Over Allegations He Fathered Mercy Chinwo's Son / Money Is Valueless / Fashola - Man Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.