Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,275 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit (19756 Views)

Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) / Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor / Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by Kukutente23: 8:54pm On Mar 26
maasoap:

Over half of a billion naira of state's money went to someone who didn't deserve it but all what the brains of these two dummies above could process was that Wike was humiliated! Shocking!!
It was same Wike who paid him so those monies only to turn around to ask for refund because the man refused to join him in his battle with Atiku
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by maasoap(m): 9:04pm On Mar 26
Kukutente23:

It was same Wike who paid him so those monies only to turn around to ask for refund because the man refused to join him in his battle with Atiku
And you think Wike is the loser here? I think it is the state, the people
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by Kukutente23: 9:08pm On Mar 26
maasoap:

And you think Wike is the loser here? I think it is the state, the people
Of course the state is the loser in Wike's silly games
But Wike is the culprit here not the people
The supreme court already made clear that Omehia was never governor and shouldn't be recognised as such which Amaechi rightly followed in his 8 years.
Wike in a bid to spite Amaechi got the HoA to reverse that SC order by making a resolution to recognise Omehia and pay him all his entitlement as ex-gov for the 8 years Amaechi was gov.
Same Wike now turned around to revoke the resolution and ask for a refund.
I hope you can see what kind of character Wike is now. He thought he can buy everyone and when they refuse to dance to his tune, he starts "starving" them
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by Zico5(m): 9:29pm On Mar 26
maasoap:

Over half of a billion naira of state's money went to someone who didn't deserve it but all what the brains of these two dummies above could process was that Wike was humiliated! Shocking!!
Why don't u tell me how much Wike looted from Rivers state account. Which one is more bigger. Omehia was not allowed to rule but Wike ruled for 8 uninterrupted years and looted the state to the ground. You should speak to ur brain if at all u are making sense.
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by EmeeNaka: 10:02pm On Mar 26
atiku4President:
Una hear? So if bank mistakingly transfers money into your account, it is not your fault if you chop the money and cannot be forced to refund.
this is exactly the consequences of the judgement
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by Yankee101: 10:21pm On Mar 26
And you want to make heaven?

A whole percentage of the people’s money goes to just one person
This was someone who was governor when the exchange rate was close to 100 naira
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by jojothaiv(m): 11:00pm On Mar 26
atiku4President:
Una hear? So if bank mistakingly transfers money into your account, it is not your fault if you chop the money and cannot be forced to refund
Highest the amount would lien or account placed on PND.
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by ReubenE(m): 11:59pm On Mar 26
Onewazobia:
Nigerian judiciary is something else,
But what happens if such or even less is mistakenly transferred to a poor man's account.
Will Nigeria ever gets better?
Read the judgment properly, this your question is what the judgement is addressing.

The judge said, Omehia never sought to be recognized as a substantial governor from the government of Rivers neither from the Rivers State House of Assembly so the benefits paid to him was not a mistake/error. The Rivers State government recognized him and paid him the monies and cannot claim mistake, that both parties should bear their cost - in other words, make everybody dey their dey.

The Rivers State government can desist from from further paying him, but the ones paid already "has entered voicemail"

This is the nonsense that occur when normal state functions are carried out with political undertone. Paying Omehia those benefits was purely political, and it is same politics that's playing out in attempts to retrieve them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by blacknp(m): 12:51am On Mar 27
Zico5:
See as these people are cutting wike's influence in Rivers state. The analogy that nobody can rule for ever is true. Wike need to cow down totally cos what's coming for him may be too much for him to bear. They are seriously relegating him to the ground in Rivers state.
Please at least try & make sense.
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by HRMK: 3:49am On Mar 27
all these courts with their lousy judgements!
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by Focusmind: 5:01am On Mar 27
My people, this judgment is very DANGEROUS!!!

Someone the Supreme Court, the highest court in the land, has been described as an "IMPOSTER", erroneously received pension as a former governor, was let out of the hook by a lower court!!!

Lots of interpretations would be given to this judgment when people gets something for which they are not qualified for, and for which they never applied for, but got it in "error".
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by Whalis: 6:48am On Mar 27
maasoap:

All the mumus especially those ipob sympathizers do not understand that Wike won again. Wike made Omehia to be recognized as governor. Omehia went against him Wike removed him. Either of them went to court and court has proven that Omehia was never a governor. Omehia lost and not Wike. Wike wanted to punish further by asking for a refund of the money paid to him as pension which the court considered not appropriate as Omehia didn't recognize himself in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by frog12: 7:30am On Mar 27
these governors are criminals. that amount na someting else grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by oladosu59996: 10:47am On Mar 27
Nigeria too hard, nobody is smiling at all. Today I want to put a smile on your face, with only fifteen Kay, I go give you three quality vintage shirts. See my thread for updateNigeria too hard, nobody is smiling at all. Today I want to put a smile on your face, with only fifteen Kay, I go give you three quality vintage shirts. See my thread for update...
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by Onewazobia(m): 1:37pm On Mar 27
ReubenE:

Read the judgment properly, this your question is what the judgement is addressing.

The judge said, Omehia never sought to be recognized as a substantial governor from the government of Rivers neither from the Rivers State House of Assembly so the benefits paid to him was not a mistake/error. The Rivers State government recognized him and paid him the monies and cannot claim mistake, that both parties should bear their cost - in other words, make everybody dey their dey.

The Rivers State government can desist from from further paying him, but the ones paid already "has entered voicemail"

This is the nonsense that occur when normal state functions are carried out with political undertone. Paying Omehia those benefits was purely political, and it is same politics that's playing out in attempts to retrieve them

This can only happen in a rotten system, my questions us with all these, when are we going to get it right?
All arms of government are neck-dip into this mess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by Love800(m): 3:14pm On Mar 27
If u can, help me pls with 1k.
But i dont understand ur vintage clothe stuff.
Noniblaq:
Nigeria too hard, nobody is smiling at all. Today I want to put a smile on your face, with only fifteen Kay, I go give you three quality vintage shirts. See my thread for update
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by Ebeano49(m): 3:33pm On Mar 27
Emperor Wike should be made to refund the money from his own pocket.
To spite Amaechi, emperor Wike unilaterally recognized Omehia as ex governor in contravention of Supreme Court judgement and ordered that he be paid all entitlements accruing ex governors. The same Wike changed his mind unilaterally when Omehia refused to support his presidential ambition.

That's how Wike gambled with Rivers people money in pursuit of doomed presidential ambition. From Lagos to Abia, Benue to Lagos, Wike was dashing away millions of Rivers people with reckless abandon.
Re: Court Stops Omehia From Refunding N696million Received As Pension, Other Benefit by PropertyBuying(f): 5:53pm On Mar 27
But why should a court take such position?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Where Is Buhari's Certificate" - Reno Omokri Reacts To Adeleke's Cert Forgery / APC Can’t Win Kogi With Bello As Candidate, Party Stakeholders Tell Buhari / Court Allows EFCC To Arrest Senator Albert Bassey For Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.