Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Is Coca-cola Addictive? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Coca-cola Addictive? (1925 Views)

See The Evolution Coca-Cola Bottles Went Through Over The Years! (PIC) / Nigeria Sues Coca-Cola For Shunning The Consumer Protection Council / The 4 Disadvantages Of Coca-cola And Pepsi Being Kept Away From U By D Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Coca-cola Addictive? by martyns303(m): 9:56pm On Nov 15, 2011
There is no day passing without me having a bottle of coke, i just can't do without it. and then there is this friend of mine who can't have a meal without coke, he was like 'am totally addicted to the thing". According to Wikipedia coke used to have a certain amount of addictive. what do u guys think?
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:59am On Nov 16, 2011
Contains caffein but not enuf to get you addicted. So No, its just u who likes the drink
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by eghost247(m): 8:39am On Nov 18, 2011
Coca Cola is addictive in two  ways. First, there is the drug caffeine, which is a psychoactive stimulant drug. Because caffeine is primarily an antagonist of the central nervous system's receptors for the neurotransmitter adenosine, the bodies of individuals who regularly consume caffeine adapt to the continual presence of the drug by substantially increasing the number of adenosine receptors in the central nervous system.
The second way in which it gets you is simply through the amount of sugar in it. Sugar is pure fuel for us humans. We have evolved in such a way that means that we crave anything that gives us energy - .
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by dominique(f): 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2011
I heard it contains some extract of coca plant- active ingredient of cocaine.
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by babsjnr(m): 5:29am On Jan 11, 2012
Fizzy drink lover
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by Tedpgrass: 6:17am On May 18, 2012
Definitely Addictive.

Know someone who's being addicted to it from age 6-7yrs. Good thing is she tries to "wean"
herself off,albeit for short periods if time. Can easily go on 3-4 litres daily without needing
to have any proper meals.

Tried other colas......... not as addictive as C-Cola.
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by tpia5: 11:52am On May 19, 2012
try to wean yourself off it. At least reduce the amount you drink.
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by optimus106(m): 8:40am On Apr 27, 2020
martyns303:
There is no day passing without me having a bottle of coke, i just can't do without it. and then there is this friend of mine who can't have a meal without coke, he was like 'am totally addicted to the thing". According to Wikipedia coke used to have a certain amount of addictive. what do u guys think?

I don't drink coca cola, fanta, Pepsi, Sprite, and all that shiddd ...
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by truthfulperson: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2020
The sugar in it is what is addictive. The brain likes the sweet taste of sugar and craves for it . sugar is not healthy for the body
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 01, 2020
dominique:
I heard it contains some extract of coca plant- active ingredient of cocaine.
R u a Moderator?
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by dominique(f): 9:36pm On May 01, 2020
Highorbit7016:
R u a Moderator?

Yes
Re: Is Coca-cola Addictive? by Nekky5(f): 4:09pm On May 03, 2020
Its just a habit developed over time.it is a bad one because of its contents - sugar which is not too good for health and how often you consume it. Certain foods are not good for consumption as one ages.

(1) (Reply)

10 Disturbing Facts About Pork / Your Akara(beans Cake) & Moi-moi, Made Easier Wit My Beans Flour. / How To Prepare Anti COVID-19 Edikaikong Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.