Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant (463 Views)

300 Divorces, Widows Get Married At Mass Weddings Sponsored By Kebbi State / Look At The Snake I Killed In My Living Room Just Now / Help!! My Father Has Too Much Interest On Widows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by Celestialsword: 10:54pm On Mar 27
TheCable

Taoreed Lagbaja, chief of army staff (COAS), says three of the 10 widows of the army personnel killed in Okuama community in Delta state are pregnant.

On March 14, about 17 personnel of the Nigerian Army were killed while on a peacekeeping mission in the Delta community.

The federal and state government had vowed that perpetrators of the act would be arrested to face the wrath of the law.

The names of the deceased soldiers were A.H Ali, D.E Obi, S.D. Ashafa, U. Zakari, , Yahaya Saidu, Danbaba Yahaya, Kabir Bashir, Abdullahi Ibrahim, Bulus Haruna, Sole Opeyemi, Bello Anas, Alhaji Isah, Clement Francis, Abubakar Ali, Adamu Ibrahim, Hamman Peter, and Ibrahim Adamu.

Speaking on Wednesday during the burial ceremony of the late soldiers at the military cemetery in Abuja, Lagbaja said it was “highly demoralising” that the soldiers were killed by those they were equipped to protect.

The army chief added that it took over 72 hours of searching to recover the vital organs of some of the deceased soldiers.

He added that the Nigerian Army exercised “a lot of restraint” in the search for missing arms and body parts of the deceased soldiers.

“The Okuama killing has added to the care of the Nigerian Army and, by extension, the Nigerian state, 10 widows, three of whom are four, five, and eight months pregnant, 21 orphans, and many other dependents, which include parents,” Lagbaja said.

“While commiserating with the families of these gallant soldiers, I assure them that the Nigerian Army and the good people of this country will not leave them in the cold. We shall do all within our power to provide succour to the families.”

The army chief said the Nigerian Army will not be deterred by the incident in Delta in its mandate to defend the country.
Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 11:28pm On Mar 27
Celestialsword:
Speaking on Wednesday during the burial ceremony of the late soldiers at the military cemetery in Abuja, Lagbaja said it was “highly demoralising” that the soldiers were killed by those they were equipped to protect.
The army chief added that it took over 72 hours of searching to recover the vital organs of some of the deceased soldiers.
He added that the Nigerian Army exercised “a lot of restraint” in the search for missing arms and body parts of the deceased soldiers.
“The Okuama killing has added to the care of the Nigerian Army and, by extension, the Nigerian state, 10 widows, three of whom are four, five, and eight months pregnant, 21 orphans, and many other dependents, which include parents,” Lagbaja said.
“While commiserating with the families of these gallant soldiers, I assure them that the Nigerian Army and the good people of this country will not leave them in the cold. We shall do all within our power to provide succour to the families.”
The army chief said the Nigerian Army will not be deterred by the incident in Delta in its mandate to defend the country.
∆ What about the stories of the civilians who were killed by the army men who went into CIvilian communities to carry out this raid? What about their children left behind and their own widows?
∆ Why is the government not equally concerned about the many civilians whose lives were wasted and property destroyed in the process?
∆ Why send military power into civilian space? What happened to the rights of the people whose lives were upended by the raid? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by fyzaila: 12:08am On Mar 28
I don't understand this your topic, how can Windows be pregnant??

1 Like

Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by Aboks(m): 12:32am On Mar 28
fyzaila:

Which planet u from

2 Likes

Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by Xosh: 12:36am On Mar 28
fyzaila:
Are you for real?
They were pregnant for their husbands before their husbands were killed!

So what's hard here that you failed to comprehend?

Modified....I see your point....the op wrote WINDOWS,instead of widows lolxx

3 Likes

Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by Klass99(f): 12:55pm On Mar 28

1 Like

Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by Celestialsword: 1:36pm On Mar 28
Klass99:

Lol cheesy, Fyz quit being a clown you know exactly what he meant to say/write - three widows and not windows.
it has been corrected
Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by fyzaila: 5:06pm On Mar 29
Klass99:

Lol cheesy, Fyz quit being a clown you know exactly what he meant to say/write - three widows and not windows.

Don't mind me 😄🤣😂, i replied to the topic before reading the body of the message. I now felt lazy to go and modify my reply..
Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by EreluRoz: 5:26pm On Mar 29
Sad, the death of those soldiers pain me ehn.

Those boys should be brought to justice
Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by Emmanuel30a2: 9:04am On Mar 30
Omo, it's a good thing; killing of those who are pregnant should be incessant... Those who are pregnant are unrepentant sinners... It's sinners that do gets pregnant or get themselves pregnant... Those sinners are going to winners church or what have you...
Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by poshestmina(f): 7:02pm On Mar 30
Emmanuel30a2:
Omo, it's a good thing; killing of those who are pregnant, should be incessant... Those who are pregnant are unrepentant sinners... It's sinners that do gets pregnant or get themselves pregnant... Those sinners are going to winners church or what have you...

Bro,are you alright?
Your own don pass bekiaful oh.
You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Re: Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant by Emmanuel30a2: 7:42pm On Mar 30
poshestmina:

Bro,are you alright?
Your own don pass bekiaful oh.
You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Did you wants to marry me? So that we can be in each others thoughts&prayers... Would you marry me? What is or what are your prayers point for me...?

(1) (Reply)

Totally Love Sports Especially Football / What If..... / Can You Marry One Who Has Similar Traits As That Of Any Of Your Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.