Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ (8245 Views)

APC Passes Vote Of No Confidence On Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Toady: ''I Have No Confidence In This Court'' / PDP Makes U-turn, Passes Confidence Vote On Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ by 9ijaMan: 10:16pm On Nov 16, 2011
Kobojunkie:

The above is a prime example of the state in which many a Nigerian exist in. There is no care at all for the lives lost in all the senseless violenc. What this one seems to be saying is that since WE MADE THE MISTAKE OF ALLOWING THIS IN THE PAST, WE OUGHT TO CONTINUE TO ALLOW IT EVEN NOW THAT WE KNOW BETTER . . . . This is the sort of person who goes out to vote for "CHANGE" in Nigeria.
I laugh in igbira, !
Re: David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ by lagcity(m): 11:31pm On Nov 16, 2011
oh boy, poor GEJ, the bobo neva sabi wetin hit am. I feel for the guy sad. he better send a bottle of bubbly to David Mark for saving his arse. The rascal senators want to give GEJ the Julius Caesar treatment.
Re: David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ by Pukkah: 8:13am On Nov 17, 2011
Dawgpound:

When Obasanjo was in power for 8 years we witnessed deaths of thousands of Nigerians in the North due to religious violence and also genocides in the Niger-delta but no one called for his impeachment because of that or even planned a vote of no confidence but now with 1 of own Easterner and SS man in particular in power these have grown highly impatient. Its not like he can't do better but I see a double standard.

PointB:

Don't mind them tribalist; that is what they do here! Haters, and bigots, trying to mask their evil scheming with a 'veil of objectivity'. At least let them use  thick veil, not this thin, transparent veil that every keen observer can see through. Who doesn't know how things work in Nigeria. No less 10,000 people died during Obj regime, and like you rightly noted, no one called for his head.

Do they want GEJ to raze down the NE like Obj did Odi, before they can give him credit for being tough on security? Otherwise, I think he is handling the crisis fairly well.

GEJ is not leaving until 2015, the sooner these goons get use to that fact, the better for them!

Pukkah:

^^^While it bothers on pettiness to compare regimes like you have done, do note that the House of Reps also compiled a list of impeachable offences against Obasanjo. I'm surprised some of you don't know that.

So who is the tribalist? Who are those that see only tribalism in every criticism? Can Nigeria develop like this?  Apart from the Reps calling for Obasanjo's impeachment on grounds of inept and corrupt leadership, Gani Fawehinmi also did during the Transcorp shares saga. So many other critics, even from Obasanjo's geo-political zone, put him under intense pressure. How many of you called it tribalism?

Why don't you guys face the real issues instead of saying something like 'because XYZ did not happen during Obasanjo's era, it should not happen in Jonathan's time'.  Isn't this mediocrity at its best and tribalism at its height? Should we wait for thousands to die again (like in the previous era) before calling for Jonathan's head? What manner of analogy is this? Is the country moving forward or backward? Do we learn from experience at all? Do you realize that you may be setting a dangerous precedent?

I don't care about where Jonathan comes from, all I want from him is good governance because his ability or inability to provide it affects my life. Simple. Nobody, I repeat, nobody can muzzle the inalienable right I have under the constitution to demand for good governance. Do you really think that I want Jonathan to fail? Why should I want someone whose success will positively affect my life to fail?

For Nigeria to move forward and reclaim its lost grounds, Nigerians (especially the elite and the educated) must demand for good governance from their leaders regardless of their tribe, religion, or other idiosyncrasies. Enough is enough.
Re: David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ by PointB: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2011
^^^^
Pukkah et all .
you are not getting the point are you? What exactly would you like the president to do on the Boko Haram issue that he hasn't done or is not doing? Should he raze down NE to prevent more people from dying? What  yardstick are you using to justify the relentless criticism of every hue and cry of the president? What  makes you think he is not doing his job and hence deserves the boot?

It is the inability of various critics to provide this compelling argument in their commentary  that lends credence to the assumption of bigotry and ethnicism in their campaign.

The constant hullabaloo about subsidy removal and the inability to tackle Boko Haram being used as yardstick to adjudge Mr. Preside is grossly unfair let alone the gutter language that graces those myopic criticism.

Mr. President for the avoidance of doubt is doing a very good job with the resources and system at his disposal even in view of the period he has been in power.

Nigeria is a badly messed up country, It is naive to expect a quick fix, at state level let alone federal level.
Re: David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ by Pukkah: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2011
PointB:

^^^^
Mr. President for the avoidance of doubt is doiing a very good job with the resources and system at his disposal even in view of the period he has been in poor.

We shall see.
Re: David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ by Dawgpound: 10:45am On Nov 17, 2011
@Kobojunkie, what exactly do you want the President to do that he hasn't done? If you people want him to raze down the NW and even NE then say so or hold your peace. Also, please don't criticize him after that.
I am mad that the sponsors are at large but yes I still see double-standard.
Re: David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ by nagoma(m): 7:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
@Pukkah

God bless you. You have said it all.Enough of this fresh air.
Re: David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ by aljharem3: 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2011
Pukkah:

[b]So who is the tribalist? Who are those that see only tribalism in every criticism? Can Nigeria develop like this?  Apart from the Reps calling for Obasanjo's impeachment on grounds of inept and corrupt leadership, Gani Fawehinmi also did during the Transcorp shares saga. So many other critics, even from Obasanjo's geo-political zone, put him under intense pressure. How many of you called it tribalism?

Why don't you guys face the real issues instead of saying something like 'because XYZ did not happen during Obasanjo's era, it should not happen in Jonathan's time'.  Isn't this mediocrity at its best and tribalism at its height? Should we wait for thousands to die again (like in the previous era) before calling for Jonathan's head? What manner of analogy is this? Is the country moving forward or backward? Do we learn from experience at all? Do you realize that you may be setting a dangerous precedent?

I don't care about where Jonathan comes from, all I want from him is good governance because his ability or inability to provide it affects my life. Simple. Nobody, I repeat, nobody can muzzle the inalienable right I have under the constitution to demand for good governance. Do you really think that I want Jonathan to fail? Why should I want someone whose success will positively affect my life to fail?

For Nigeria to move forward and reclaim its lost grounds, Nigerians (especially the elite and the educated) must demand for good governance from their leaders regardless of their tribe, religion, or other idiosyncrasies. Enough is enough.

GOD BLESS YOU SIR

Tell this people that have this primitive minds of theirs. Thank you sir

you have said it all, now watch as how beaf would come and attack you
Re: David Mark Hold Off 'No Confidence’ Vote On GEJ by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
Tail follow follow Mark what are taking about.Something that happen since last year! confuse Man. GEJ is a new man now since d declaration of state of E.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okupe: Critics Of Jonathan Are Silly Nigerians / Bekwarra/Obudu/Obanliku Federal Constituency: Martha Agba Picks APC Form / Enugu 2023: Mbah/Ossai Ticket Will Sustain Gov. Ugwuanyi’s Legacies – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.