Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 (586 Views)

N200k Minimume Wage Can Not Work Again ~ NLC Vice President, Tommy Etim / NLC To Negotiate New Minimum Wage To N100K, N200K / Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Validated: 12:15pm On Mar 28
Truth is if you earn £11 44 per hour, you are on minimum wage in UK, so for a month, you will earn minimum £2013.44. In Nigeria, earning N200K is like middle class. However, to help us understand how confused Allen Onyeana is, follow me on this trip.

Let us assume that you truly earn N200K (net).
Because you are really frugal and a good economist without dependents.
You will need to pay at least N30k a month for PHCH and N20k to fuel generator (a necessary evil), transport yourself for N25K, feed with N50k (you cook all your meals). Security N15k, toiletries N10K (poor man style), etc, You buy data and phone N20k. You have no girlfriend, nobody to flex with. Your rent is N50k a month
(assuming you live in a small apartment where you pay N600,000 a year).
You are already broke before month end and owing mama put self for office. No savings, so you never fall sick otherwise you will die.

Flip to the guy in UK. He earns £2K (net). Rent for a good small apartment (self contained) £800 (all utilities included), Feeding £300 (eat a like a whale), monthly bus/train pass is about £95, so we assume £100. Unlimited data plan £25 a month, toiletries £50. Others unknown £225

The man in UK can afford to save £500 (N900K), and can send £100 home to his village people, while his counterparts in Nigeria is barely surviving and may soon die of malaria attack.

Argue with your keyboard

5 Likes

Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by socialmediaman: 12:24pm On Mar 28
We've done much of these calculations years back on this forum.

Many of the people arguing life abroad vs life in Nigeria are mostly ignorant or just being dishonest.

A guy from a previous thread who has lived in the UK for over 10 years and comes to Nigeria occasionally to flex was even discouraging people from relocating

It's not comparable for the majority of the population. You work hard (as expected), but you get paid and you can save over time and improve your standard if you're prudent. That's how life was designed to be.

2 Likes

Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by helinues: 12:25pm On Mar 28
This your analysis don't add up.

The N50k monthly payment apartment in Nigeria should be equivalent to £1,200 in UK on same standard. The £500 you are claiming of saving is already left with £100.

There are some miscellaneous bills that are sometimes over the planned bills most especially emergency or unexpected things.

This is my fair analysis about someone earning N200k in Nigeria

Monthly income after tax N200k *12 = N2.4m

Rent on average of N50k per month = N600k

Average monthly shopping N30k = N360k

Car/Transportation N10k per month= N120k

Other Miscellaneous per year = N500k

My own observation about this earning of a thing is, those who are privilege to live in abroad spend their money reasonable and enjoy it while those who are in Nigeria, even if they are more richer spend their money on unnecessary things, e.g Owambe's , religion programs without even enjoying the money.

How much is an average church goers pay as tithes plus other donations yearly in Nigeria? Same goes to the Muslims?

How much is an average Nigerians spend on one occasion or the other, whether it's Aso ebi, attending, presenting gift, weddings , naming e.t.c

Oh, don't even let me forget about the mentality of throwing party in every holidays. Some are already loading, things are hard but that won't stop people from throwing the as usual party...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Namaster: 12:26pm On Mar 28
If an ordinary person made that statement, I'd have called them DUMB. But Allen is a successful entrepreneur so he's obviously NOT dumb.

He is just out of touch. Painfully so.

He said you could hire a maid, driver etc on a salary of #200K. That's a joke. And it's not even funny.

First of all, the quality of food in Nigeria is terrible. If you eat out, you are trusting God that you're not consuming poison.

Income comparison for someone on Allen's level would make a lot of sense. If he's worth just $500M, he has UNLIMITED power in Nigeria and access to all the goodies that first world countries can offer.

On the other hand, someone worth $850M in the US still hasa ceiling to how much power he can wield.

For the average Joe, it is ALWAYS a good idea to choose sane countries like UK over Nigeria.
Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Tallesty1(m): 12:30pm On Mar 28
He also forgot to tell us where the person is earning the 200k in Nigeria, earning 200k in some places in Abuja is like working for free because you won't have nothing after expenses.
Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Johnjustice: 12:39pm On Mar 28
In UK they give quotas 10hrs max per day.

If your money can't flex you in UK, and you have to wait to come here to flex, then you are still struggling.
Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Natbrowny: 12:40pm On Mar 28
Who dey earn 200k monthly for Nigeria?

And whats the population of the earners compared to populace.

Which kind position u go dey b4 u earn 200k?

E reach to ask oo coz senior lecturers with PhD sef for Fed Unis never see constant 200k without fight and appeals..

Now imagine other field of life.
Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:41pm On Mar 28
The need to compare is the first sign that most people have weak mentaliies and that they never truly understand live

If i wanna japa, i simply work harder, save up and do so and if i cant, then lemme find a way to increase my streams of income whjile trying to enjoy life in his entirety

The most stupid case here is the guy that neither earns that amount either in pounds or Naira but sit back to calculate earnings of two imaginary people... how should that be your worry to the point of debating fiercely over it

I used to think most Nigerians arent smart but going by how far people still calculate things that are irrelevant to them in 2024, I'm not sure that truly, most Nigerians arent smart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Borrow222: 1:07pm On Mar 28
Validated:
Truth is if you earn £11 44 per hour, you are on minimum wage in UK, so for a month, you will earn minimum £2013.44. In Nigeria, earning N200K is like middle class. However, to help us understand how confused Allen Onyeana is, follow me on this trip.

You will need to pay at least N30k a month for PHCH and N20k to fuel generator (a necessary evil), transport yourself for N25K, feed with N50k (you cook all your meals). Security N15k, toiletries N10K (poor man style), etc, You buy data and phone N20k. You have no girlfriend, nobody to flex with. Your rent is N50k a month
You are already broke before month end and owing mama put self for office. No savings, so you never fall sick otherwise you will die.

Flip to the guy in UK. He earns £2K (net). Rent for a good small apartment (self contained) £800 (all utilities included), Feeding £300 (eat a like a whale), monthly bus/train pass is about £95, so we assume £100. Unlimited data plan £25 a month, toiletries £50. Others unknown £225

The man in UK can afford to save £500 (N900K), and can send £100 home to his village people, while his counterparts in Nigeria is barely surviving and may soon die of malaria attack.

Argue with your keyboard

They can only deceive those who wanted to be deceived.The right question is how many people in Nigeria are earning 200k a month.

£2000 is the least amount anyone working full-time is supposed to receive in the UK; that is the minimum.

Check very well; all his kids are abroad.
Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Godoverevery: 1:19pm On Mar 28
Validated:

Argue with your keyboard

Not everyone is leaving on lagos or Abuja.

Cost of living is extremely cheap in most part especially up north.....I don't spend 30k on power unit every month and I leave in lagos.
Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Godoverevery: 1:23pm On Mar 28
Namaster:
If an ordinary person made that statement, I'd have called them DUMB. But Allen is a successful entrepreneur so he's obviously NOT dumb.

He is just out of touch. Painfully so.

He said you could hire a maid, driver etc on a salary of #200K. That's a joke. And it's not even funny.

First of all, the quality of food in Nigeria is terrible. If you eat out, you are trusting God that you're not consuming poison.

Income comparison for someone on Allen's level would make a lot of sense. If he's worth just $500M, he has UNLIMITED power in Nigeria and access to all the goodies that first world countries can offer.

On the other hand, someone worth $850M in the US still hasa ceiling to how much power he can wield.

For the average Joe, it is ALWAYS a good idea to choose sane countries like UK over Nigeria.

Everyone is not leaving in Abuja,PH,lagos.

Earn 200k in ekiti isnt the same as earning 200k in lagos.

Allen is right cos he said in Nigeria and not lagos.
Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Validated: 5:59pm On Mar 28
Godoverevery:

Cost of living is extremely cheap in most part especially up north.....I don't spend 30k on power unit every month and I leave in lagos.
Who will pay you N200K in the North or in Ekiti you are referring to? How many corporations are there? OK, government that cannot afford N30k minimum wage?

1 Like

Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Validated: 6:40pm On Mar 28
Godoverevery:

Where in Lagos do you live? I guess you are in face me and face you.
Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by ozo13(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28
Validated:

Argue with your keyboard

baba no body earn 200k and use 30k to pay PHCN.even the whole of my compound isnt paying up to 15k.
Secondly no one earn 200k and use 50k a month to pay house rent
Re: That Allen Is "Cornfused" About N200K Vs £2000 by Validated: 8:47pm On Mar 28
ozo13:
baba no body earn 200k and use 30k to pay PHCN.even the whole of my compound isnt paying up to 15k.
Secondly no one earn 200k and use 50k a month to pay house rent
The same way you look at it, if you live in rural area in UK, your rent and other cost cannot be like someone in London. Do not reason one-way.
The analysis compares London, Manchester, etc to Lagos, Abuja and PH.

If you must compare, please choose a standard. In this case, London (UK) and Lagos and Abuja (Nigeria). Do notbpick and choose to fit your narrative.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Diasporians Exposed: How They Got Landed Properties From El Rufai And Obj. / Democracy For Sale / The Begining

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.