Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Why Do We Not Build Side Walks In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do We Not Build Side Walks In Nigeria (211 Views)

Nigerian Youths, Why Not Build Your Own 'Twitter' Instead Of Abusing Buhari? / Goodluck Jonathan Earned N51 Trillion From Oil, But He Did Not Build 1 Hospital. / Corona Virus: Buhari Did Not Build Any Hospital In 5 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Not Build Side Walks In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 12:52pm On Mar 28
Even if you don’t have a car you can at least walk to where you are going. But not having a sidewalk puts you in the hand of undesirable elements.
Re: Why Do We Not Build Side Walks In Nigeria by Ever8090: 1:25pm On Mar 28
It is always captured in the contract bill but oga at the top will collect the money and chop..

I followed a team of NDDC construction team for a kick off of a road construction in cross River state , what I saw shocked me, a very smooth road in a bush was what they said the company I went to represent is to construct. Side-walk-way, street light and drainage was captured in the bill for a road in side a forest, getting to a community where the road ends, all the streets were bad, no single street light or drainage... hahahaha...at the end, not even one equipment was taking to site, them chop d money clean mouth
Re: Why Do We Not Build Side Walks In Nigeria by delpee(f): 1:26pm On Mar 28
There are side walks on many major roads in Lagos. The problem is that traders and sometimes beggars mostly occupy same so you're forced to walk on the road.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Not Build Side Walks In Nigeria by Ebubu2: 1:32pm On Mar 28
delpee:
There are side walks on many major roads in Lagos. The problem is that traders and sometimes beggars mostly occupy same so you're forced to walk on the road.
Side walks yet the drainage are OPEN

I lie? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Not Build Side Walks In Nigeria by Tellmeastory: 1:37pm On Mar 28
delpee:

Sidewalks should be on EVERY ROAD, not just major roads.

When you go to London or Dubai, do you see sidewalks only on major roads?

And the excuse of people selling on the pavement is a foolish excuse.

Any serious metropolitan authority can end that immediately by imposing severe sanctions on any person who does that.
Re: Why Do We Not Build Side Walks In Nigeria by IkeOnyia: 2:07pm On Mar 28
In Nigeria, side walks are not an attractive proposition. It is particularly loathed in the south which experiences heavy rains. You will see the people querying why the government built sidewalks for them rather than open gutters where they can see the rainwater moving and where they can easily throw away their wastes and trash for the water to carry to another area cheesy
Dare to cover the gutters with slabs for walkways and the same people will remove them and tell you the government is not wise to cover the drains.
Nigerians need reorientation. You see even educated people displaying such ignorance.
Re: Why Do We Not Build Side Walks In Nigeria by izombie(m): 2:47pm On Mar 28
Dem dey fight for land in nigeria so who go donate extra land for side walk. In my village where i built my house there's me and another one of my cousins who stays in europe that went a little bit inwards to build our fences. The others built their fences almost on the road.

(1) (Reply)

Rescuers' Negligence Leads To Death Of Junior Pope / Anambra North Dumps Soludo, Vows To Vote Ozigbo Of LP In 2025 / A Sure Way To Fix The Nation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.