Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

$1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake (3920 Views)

Why CBN Shouldnโ€™t Extend Naira Swap Deadline โ€“ Atiku / This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline / Olawepo Hashim Explained Why CBN Has Failed To Grow Nigeriaโ€™s Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 8:08am On Mar 29
KingKO22:
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ because your candidate lost election you IPOBidients are hellbent on destroying this country so that you can have a reason to rejoice

So I believe majority of you are in deep frustration at the moment bcs you speculation to make 1$ to 4000 by June has failed

Obituary himself was crying bcs Binance was banned in Nigeria which means his game plan has backfired ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

And the mumu also mentioned Emeifiele? The dullard that was busy paying billions of dollars every month to defend Naira ?
Emeifiele was afraid to face any challenges o flowing the Naira bcs he is a dullard

But IPOBidients are still praising the dullard ws their Lord and savior ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜

IPOB, obedient or Baptist, I don't give a hoot. Let the dollar get to 100naira /$ I will still keep buying dollars.
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 8:09am On Mar 29
Johnjustice:
Lazy bones get a job, if we all turn to dollar hoarders in Nigeria, this nation will sink. Myopic greedy ass.

Let it sink. It has sunk many lives already. What goes around comes around.
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Brenbentondiaz: 9:16am On Mar 29
I always advise you developers not to dabble into anything that's more complex than 2 by 2 shop okrika trading or traffic sales. Your brains (let's pretend that thing in your head is called that) is not developed enough to grasp anything beyond petty trading.

1 Like

Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Johnjustice: 9:33am On Mar 29
Birdbyrde440:

Let it sink. It has sunk many lives already. What goes around comes around.
Kid
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 12:54pm On Mar 29
Johnjustice:

Kid

Why you de vex!??

I no want to hold naira, why e de vex you??

1 Like

Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 12:56pm On Mar 29
Brenbentondiaz:
I always advise you developers not to dabble into anything that's more complex than 2 by 2 shop okrika trading or traffic sales. Your brains (let's pretend that thing in your head is called that) is not developed enough to grasp anything beyond petty trading.

Why una de vex?!

Na by force
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by oyatz(m): 4:26pm On Mar 29
Birdbyrde440:

Your thinking is still Web2 focused. In Web3 and the 4IR, you will be able to earn a living on the metaverse.

This kind of Mentality is the differences between UK and Nigeria.

It is not about earning a living, but what do multi-millionaire in dollars do to earn such humongous
money and how much to they pay as tax?

In the UK, you can't just become a multimillionaire without a workbase with appropriate tax profile.

As a matter of fact, in the UK, France, Germany and other Western European countries, you can NOT become very rich suddenly, your financial statements must be balanced. You must show workings! The system can predict your expected incomes for years if you on a particular path.

In Nigeria, a young man just graduating from the University, with no work experience can come home with a Jeep worth #20 million and people will be celebrating him.

Most Nigerians have negative mentalities to work ethnics and wealth creation

There is no shortcut to real and sustainable wealth.

1 Like

Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 9:37pm On Mar 29
oyatz:

This kind of Mentality is the differences between UK and Nigeria.

It is not about earning a living, but what do multi-millionaire in dollars do to earn such humongous
money and how much to they pay as tax?

In the UK, you can't just become a multimillionaire without a workbase with appropriate tax profile.

As a matter of fact, in the UK, France, Germany and other Western European countries, you can NOT become very rich suddenly, your financial statements must be balanced. You must show workings! The system can predict your expected incomes for years if you on a particular path.

In Nigeria, a young man just graduating from the University, with no work experience can come home with a Jeep worth #20 million and people will be celebrating him.

Most Nigerians have negative mentalities to work ethnics and wealth creation

There is no shortcut to real and sustainable wealth.

That is why I said your thinking is still stuck in web2. With all due respect, ok in 2021 when btc was $69k, Ltc was $400.
Its 2024 and bitcoin is back to $69k, and ltc is at 100$,
Where do you think ltc is heading to?

Hint: LTC always follows BTC

Its not rocket science my gee

With this information you can make money, you don't need to be a guru
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by worksmart(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29
People who took our currency as low a N2000/1$ are criticizing the honourable ex-CBN governor Emefiele, (that they illegally removed ) who never took it below N750/$1 undecided

Make it make sense undecided
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Dalohad: 9:57pm On Mar 29
Birdbyrde440:
While Yemi Cardoso is busy pushing Propaganda that
"Forex holders are rushing to overload their dollars "

He forgets that their are speculators waiting on the sidelines with billions of naira waiting to scoop cheap dollars. During the Emefiele's time as governor of CBN, to prevent people from scooping up cheap dollars he did two things: he created a parallel market and he banned Nigerians from buying USDT and cryptocurrencies.

I myself, a nobody in the scheme of things will work harder, earn more naira and buy more dollars to add to my stack if at all the CBN is capable of bringing down the exchange rate to $1/900.

As at the time of writing, $1=N1418.

I am waiting to buy more dollars. Just like these politicians are protecting themselves. I have the right to protect my finances. I pray that oil dries up, so that natural selection can do it's job..

No be me spoil Nigeria. I no go follow una suffer wetin no concern me.
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Donaldoni: 12:13am On Mar 30
Dalohad:

I am waiting to buy more dollars. Just like these politicians are protecting themselves. I have the right to protect my finances. I pray that oil dries up, so that natural selection can do it's job..

Where will you see the dollars to buy?

Day don break bro cheesy
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 3:51am On Mar 30
Dalohad:

You are right. Protect your finances Fiercely, no look uche face
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 3:52am On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Where will you see the dollars to buy?

Day don break bro cheesy

In the mid air!
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Donaldoni: 10:19am On Mar 30
Birdbyrde440:

In the mid air!

The era of just walking down the street to get dollar is gone! cheesy

1 Like

Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 10:23am On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

The era of just walking down the street to get dollar is gone! cheesy

Banks must have sufficient $$ to cater for the fx needs of the population
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Donaldoni: 10:27am On Mar 30
Birdbyrde440:

Banks must have sufficient $$ to cater for the fx needs of the population

'Needs' doesn't include hoarding and speculation.

Earn dollars. Don't hoard it.
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by kingsways: 10:32am On Mar 30
Birdbyrde440:
While Yemi Cardoso is busy pushing Propaganda that
"Forex holders are rushing to overload their dollars "

He forgets that their are speculators waiting on the sidelines with billions of naira waiting to scoop cheap dollars. During the Emefiele's time as governor of CBN, to prevent people from scooping up cheap dollars he did two things: he created a parallel market and he banned Nigerians from buying USDT and cryptocurrencies.

I myself, a nobody in the scheme of things will work harder, earn more naira and buy more dollars to add to my stack if at all the CBN is capable of bringing down the exchange rate to $1/900.

As at the time of writing, $1=N1418.

N900 /$ is a realistic target.

The black market rate when Buhari left was around N700. The black market rate is the rate at which Dollar is available to anyone who wants to buy

1 Like

Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 11:12am On Mar 30
kingsways:

N900 /$ is a realistic target.

The black market rate when Buhari left was around N700. The black market rate is the rate at which Dollar is available to anyone who wants to buy

Is there sufficient fx liquidity to peg it at 900?
How much is a litre of fuel in the international market? N680 , $0.5?
Is Tinubu and his team clueless?
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 11:55am On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

'Needs' doesn't include hoarding and speculation.

Earn dollars. Don't hoard it.

I earned it and decide to hoard and speculate massively, you can not decide for me how to use my sweat. I will hoard it and speculate with it as I so please.
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by benjyyyyy07: 2:22pm On Mar 30
drlateef:

Actually 1250 as we speak on Aboki.

Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by kingsways: 2:52pm On Mar 30
Birdbyrde440:

Is there sufficient fx liquidity to peg it at 900?
How much is a litre of fuel in the international market? N680 , $0.5?
Is Tinubu and his team clueless?

Yes thereโ€™s enough liquidity. Nigeria still sells crude and thereโ€™s foreign remittances
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 4:27pm On Mar 30
kingsways:

Yes thereโ€™s enough liquidity. Nigeria still sells crude and thereโ€™s foreign remittances

What about debt servicing?
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by drlateef: 5:17pm On Mar 30
[quote author=benjyyyyy07 post=129183837][/quote]

Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 6:29pm On Mar 30
[quote author=drlateef post=129186422][/quote]

Wow
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Donaldoni: 7:15pm On Mar 30
Birdbyrde440:

I earned it and decide to hoard and speculate massively, you can not decide for me how to use my sweat. I will hoard it and speculate with it as I so please.

Goodluck smiley
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 7:33pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Goodluck smiley

Badluck to you gee
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Donaldoni: 9:24pm On Mar 30
Birdbyrde440:

Badluck to you gee

Back to sender.

It's obvious you are in pains. cheesy

Naira will continue to appreciate.

CBN won't give you dollar to speculate with.

Ntoooorrr tongue
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 9:56pm On Mar 30
Donaldoni:

Back to sender.

It's obvious you are in pains. cheesy

Naira will continue to appreciate.

CBN won't give you dollar to speculate with.

Ntoooorrr tongue

Your tears is sweet. Badluck
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Donaldoni: 11:08pm On Mar 30
Birdbyrde440:

Your tears is are sweet. Badluck

Olod*! Naira is appreciating tongue
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Bizibi(m): 12:49am On Mar 31
ttime:
Dollar is not going to rise again any time soon.
Those still holding their dollars have little financial information. Some weeks ago, Goldman Sachs and jp Morgan, biggest bank in US predicted naira will rise to #1200.
The only future oyinbo can predict is the one they've created.
Naira at #1800 to dollar is artificial. The true value of naira by devaluation should be around #900 to dollar. And that's what cbn is targeting. Those in d know are already selling their dollars. So anyone buying dollar now hoping it will rise again is just an ignorant fool and will definitely regret it.
whatever they are doing is short-term,the government need to increase export and remove bottlenecks,that is the reality if they want to progress and strengthen the naira.the cashinflow of dollars is still low.
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by Birdbyrde440: 5:30am On Mar 31
Donaldoni:

Olod*! Naira is appreciating tongue

Let it appreciate, I like it , things will soon get cheaper and I can buy more dollars for cheap and hoard
Re: $1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake by ttime(m): 12:18pm On Apr 05
Bizibi:
whatever they are doing is short-term,the government need to increase export and remove bottlenecks,that is the reality if they want to progress and strengthen the naira.the cashinflow of dollars is still low.

But have u even taken time to analyze what they're doing? Or u just imagine and believe ur imagination.

Wait until the banks recapitalization to 500bn kicks in, you'll see more dollars flood the market.
All those hoarding dollars have no option than to offload it. Now that parallel market is even lower than cbn rate.
That's what good policies do.

The policies onground make it difficult for bdcs to fix dollar rates anymore.

Cbn is directly in charge of dollar sales, meaning they can even decide to sell it for #350 if they so wish.

Now, crude oil sales goes straight to cbn, so there will always be dollar liquidity.

Interest rates are almost at 30%
So fdi is growing everyday, more inflows...

Dangote refinery is rolling out products, first diesel and aviation fuel, diesel already fell from #1700 to #1300 in Lagos for the first batch alone.
Dangote will sell Petrol to Nigerians by next month, meaning nnpc will no longer need to buy dollars from banks to buy Petrol from foreign tankers...

Again, with all these in view, tell me why u think the current policies are for the short term...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bode George Attends Pdp Lagos Rally / BREAKING NEWS: Asari-dokubo 'fires' At Obasanjo / Abia Before And Abia After - Making Comparative Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.