Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] (48265 Views)

Gov Alia's Assets Recovery Committee recover Exotic Cars from Ortom's Property / Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu Campaigns In Egor LGA of Edo South [Photos] / Nnamdi Kanu's Parents' Burial Unites South-East And South-South (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by Originalsly: 11:38pm On Mar 28
99thEnemy:

You expect him to distribute money allocated for Capital projects to the masses which will amount to misappropriation ?

No..... I expect him to allocate money for projects to bring as much relief and development as possible.... not pouring a significant portion into what one can argue would be pretty much a White Elephant.
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by realoscar84(m): 11:47pm On Mar 28
Don't be swayed by the 3D design, if you know makurdi well you will realise this is shouldn't be a priority project. Makurdi is not a mega city with traffic problem especially around this roundabout, if this is not a dick measuring disguised as legacy project. Why this resources gulping project by a state with that solely depend on federal allocation for survival with high level of poverty but vast potential in agricultural sector that can be properly harness to better the life of average benue people? Besides the project is about to disrupt economic activity, the ricemill that will further impoverish people whose sustenance depend on it..
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by 99thEnemy(m): 11:49pm On Mar 28
Originalsly:

No..... I expect him to allocate money for projects to bring as much relief and development as possible.... not pouring a significant portion into what one can argue would be pretty much a White Elephant.
Well, on the long run, I don’t see the project as being a waste. after all, the population is growing nowadays exponentially.

If you have ever passed there especially in the morning from around 7:30 and afternoon from 4-5 you will understand that something needs to be done to ease the traffic at wurukum.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by ufuosman(m): 12:17am On Mar 29
👍🏽👍🏽
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by Originalsly: 1:20am On Mar 29
99thEnemy:

Well, on the long run, I don’t see the project as being a waste. after all, the population is growing nowadays exponentially.

If you have ever passed there especially in the morning from around 7:30 and afternoon from 4-5 you will understand that something needs to be done to ease the traffic at wurukum.

No doubt .... but I believe they go to unnecessary extremes. Plan for the future?.. no doubt ... must cater for increase traffic. .. but what will be the life span of the project? ... what is the estimate traffic increase and flow to that period of time? I can bet my eyebrows the overpass will still be heavily underutilized by that time. We've seen overpasses opened with great fanfare .... only to be turned into a haven for bandits and inconvenience to locals. I can only support such a project if they had a blueprint to urbanized the area or have some massive development project. Just hope they have solid maintenance programme.
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by offongk(m): 4:10am On Mar 29
Oga ABIA state governor is doing good, better and best than gov alia

U can't compare both of them

Otto have projects commission this year than alia

This I know bitterness and jealousy plus ill fated memory is your your problem

yarimo:
And they came the same day with the unserious man in Abia state government house undecided. This is very commendable from the Benue state governor
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by Verbtips(m): 6:55am On Mar 29
wrongman665:
Fulani should allow this man work. The man wan't to work but some useless Tiv people are busy recruiting fulani terrorists to distroy their land.
jos and benue thesame blood runs in them
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by 99thEnemy(m): 8:07am On Mar 29
Originalsly:

No doubt .... but I believe they go to unnecessary extremes. Plan for the future?.. no doubt ... must cater for increase traffic. .. but what will be the life span of the project? ... what is the estimate traffic increase and flow to that period of time? I can bet my eyebrows the overpass will still be heavily underutilized by that time. We've seen overpasses opened with great fanfare .... only to be turned into a haven for bandits and inconvenience to locals. I can only support such a project if they had a blueprint to urbanized the area or have some massive development project. Just hope they have solid maintenance programme.
If you have ever been to that place, only then you will understand.

Seems you held on the the media figure of 10,000 which is the journalists mental estimate. in actual sense it’s way way much more.

wurukum road is the most trafficked route in the whole state. anyone traveling from the South to the North and vice versa through Benue must pass through that route.

It is the center of Makurdi and links to both commercial and administrative centers.

people pass there to and fro multiple times a day.

All major parks in Makurdi are located in Wurukum.

You find congestion there at the roundabout everyday which peaks in the morning and around 2 O’clock and around 4- 5pm.

the traffic on bank road is a Nightmare so I don’t know why you keep your emphasis on its non requirement.

It’s obvious you have never been there but conclude there is no need for a major road project like this.

Kyase, JosPepper, God1000

va wasem nen orlun or ne.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by CpDroitz(m): 8:19am On Mar 29
Kelklein:
That bridge was renovated by the Federal government not long ago.. and the major roadblocks have been cleared inward Makurdi..

For those that know Makurdi.. this can't be in any way a priority of that state for now..

A classical example of white elephant project which I belive would be mostly funded by borrowing..

Father Alia should realign his priorities.. I believe he knows better.. he should not be blinded by the allure of power as common amongst Nigerian governors.. four years is a short time.
Mr Know all what do you suggest.Please shut ur mouth up.
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by Oakenshield: 9:02am On Mar 29
wrongman665:
Fulani should allow this man work. The man wan't to work but some useless Tiv people are busy recruiting fulani terrorists to distroy their land.
not just fulani but Tiv miscreants and politicians may be behind all those troubles
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by medolab90(m): 9:24am On Mar 29
Nigerian governors and flyovers are like 5&6

1 Like

Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:24am On Mar 29
This is a very confusing news article... Which North and South, if it's just a flyover?

Very disjointed something
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by Originalsly: 2:38pm On Mar 29
99thEnemy:

If you have ever been to that place, only then you will understand.

Seems you held on the the media figure of 10,000 which is the journalists mental estimate. in actual sense it’s way way much more.

wurukum road is the most trafficked route in the whole state. anyone traveling from the South to the North and vice versa through Benue must pass through that route.

It is the center of Makurdi and links to both commercial and administrative centers.

people pass there to and fro multiple times a day.

All major parks in Makurdi are located in Wurukum.

Bear in mind.... this is a public forum ... comments are based on what is posted.... 10 000 cars and bikes daily... which does not even require a simple overpass to prevent congestion. The only way I said is if there were plans to urbanized the area .... which will result in a vast increase of traffic. Now with your description of the area .... I now have a different perspective... and no doubt.... 10 000 vehicles including bikes is wayyy off. Thanks for the enlightenment .

2 Likes

Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by Perseverance127: 5:01pm On Mar 29
hslbroker2:
Good development, I believe Nigeria will get there one day.

Meanwhile check my signature, for building materials supplies.
Are you afraid of them?
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by hslbroker2(m): 5:26pm On Mar 29
Perseverance127:
Are you afraid of them?
afraid of them? dust like me, why will I be afraid.
Re: Gov Alia Set To Deliver The Largest Fly-over Connecting North To South [photos] by Bened88(m): 9:28pm On Mar 29
The one that is part of the federal project is the Wurukum fly over and not the High level

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tambuwal Weds Mairo-Mustapha As Second Wife In Kano / Oil Discovered In Apa, Benue State (Photos) / Obasanjo Swearing In Buhari As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.