Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 (6280 Views)

FG Eyes $3.6bn In Historic Talent Outsourcing Initiative With Lab Four / VAT In Nigeria Is Very Low - EU/ECOWAS / FIRS Generates N5trn, Targets N5.3trn By Year-end (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by MT: 12:07am On Mar 29
tunjijones:
What have U pple been doing with the ones you have collected

Using it to subsidise every dollar and each litre of petrol you bought in the time past
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by tellwisdom: 12:35am On Mar 29
No be tinubu again? He has taxed all living soul plus animals in Lagos…. Infact, that guy can tax dead bodies. Na him work
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by Originalsly: 1:34am On Mar 29
Why VAT?.... why not focus on tax for imported items? ... increase tax on what can be produced locally .... and increase even more on luxury items including vehicles. Just pause and imagine how much can br raked in by the massive luxurious fleet of vehicles imported for Tinubu ..... and the Senators ... and others. That alone can renovate... update and maintain all NYSC centers.... but which one of them will agree to such? And what is the European involved in ECOWAS affairs? ... these colonial worshippers need to be ousted from office and 21st century "youths" take over. That's the only way we can move forward. Senegal ... the latest to kick out the toothless geriatric leaders.
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by Konquest: 1:51am On Mar 29
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by IBBG(m): 1:59am On Mar 29
Govt of tax collectors
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by OChimex: 2:54am On Mar 29
edife:
Where are benefits of all these tax the past 8 years

Lols. Sane people know that Tin Ubu is just a dumb criminal who has insatiable quest for money.
Tax tax people and pad the budget with trillions stealing the money.
Dumb black people
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by Elibaba1: 3:07am On Mar 29
EleventhWeirdo:

Pathetic is the real definition of 0b! and his 0b!ng0s. Come to Lagos and see the effect of a comprehensive tax administration and inclusivism. What did p@nd0ra achieve in Anambra. Oh, I forgot - Hero beer for his l00nat!¢s

Lagos is not developed by the state government. If you remove Federal infrastructures and public-private partnerships/projects nothing will be left to be desirable of that small place.
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by rotadeco27: 3:58am On Mar 29
Penguin2:
Tax, tax and more tax

That’s how they will end up killing existing businesses and impoverishing the people the more with heavy taxes.

This is where Obi is different. Being a trader, he understands that multiple and heavy taxation is bad for both small, medium and big businesses.

Foolish and brainless people have taken over the reins of power.

Pathetic!
For how long will u cry on top spilled milk man? Peter that could not develop Anambra can not do any magic to develop a complex amalgamation like Nigeria. Even obi does not have such faith that you people have on him, on himself! Ordinary party affairs he can't handle and such person will be given the whole nation with complex conflict of interests to preside on? Your gullibility is just so amazing!
You people should be telling us :
How employment rate improved during his rule!
How many companies sprang up in Anambra during his rule !
How many months of industrial actions by heath workers during his rule!
Transformation of Anambra from consumption to production did not take place but rather increased their consumption of hero beer so that they wouldn't be able to think straight.
Tell me which entrepreneuring ruler will rule for 8 yrs and all he could claim is leaving money in the state purse and investing the state money into family business. The state is infrastructurally backwards and u are proud to leave money for your successors.( You must done that for cover up after taken your own portion).
If he had turned Anambra to a " Dubai' out of nothing , he would not have labored so much to convince us he could repeat same in a larger and more complex picture and of course not have labored in vain, so stop shouting and walking yourself up on an incompetent fellow. The man is only sellable to the zombies! By the virtue of him been the party candidate of LP, he is the party leader, I'm curious to actually see how he handles the crisis rocking the party as we speak, charity they say begins at home!
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by LandMann: 4:27am On Mar 29
gaby:
All the political thieves in the country if adequately taxed can generate twice this amount.

Just a suggestion to grant the already battered and impoverished citizens some respite.

You're wasting your time advising the good for nothing Tinubu government.

Those two fellows emkz and frestuffng trolling around nl with propaganda should start donating all they earn monthly to the government as they're the only patriotic souls in Nigeria.

Meanwhile it is on record that only the laziest and most corrupt governments tax their citizens to the high heavens with nothing to show for it.

With all the resources in Nigeria, the unintelligent people in government cannot think of a way to make money to run the country. They rather sit their dull brains somewhere and issue directives to tax people who work hard for their income while they wait on the sidelines to steal from it via tax then loot it into private accounts.

Many top oil producing nations don't tax their citizens; Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, etc... They have enough income from their natural resources and they don't loot it like those in Nigeria do.

Funny enough it is always the lazy and wicked southern presidents that so much tax Nigerians, taxes that end up being paid mostly by southerners in Nigeria while northerners don't pay as much
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by whippersnapper(m): 4:47am On Mar 29
Penguin2:
Tax, tax and more tax

That’s how they will end up killing existing businesses and impoverishing the people the more with heavy taxes.

This is where Obi is different. Being a trader, he understands that multiple and heavy taxation is bad for both small, medium and big businesses.

Foolish and brainless people have taken over the reins of power.elections never still finish for Una side

Pathetic!
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by emkz: 6:13am On Mar 29
LandMann:

You're wasting your time advising the good for nothing Tinubu government.

Those two fellows emkz and frestuffng trolling around nl with propaganda should start donating all they earn monthly to the government as they're the only patriotic souls in Nigeria.
I will definitely purchase T-bills and put money in the Renewed Hope Infrastructure Fund to give me a sense of ownership in some government ventures. Nigeria has always redeemed debt obligations, so I won't lose my investment.

Meanwhile it is on record that only the laziest and most corrupt governments tax their citizens to the high heavens with nothing to show for it.
How much did you pay in taxes last year?

With all the resources in Nigeria, the unintelligent people in government cannot think of a way to make money to run the country. They rather sit their dull brains somewhere and issue directives to tax people who work hard for their income while they wait on the sidelines to steal from it via tax then loot it into private accounts.
Many of you cannot survive in a country governed by extreme rules. How does someone steal by tax? Like I asked you, how much did you pay in income tax last year? How many taxes do you even know?

Many top oil producing nations don't tax their citizens; Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, etc... They have enough income from their natural resources and they don't loot it like those in Nigeria do.
Put together the population of those countries if they even sum up to the population of Nigeria. Are you even aware that oil revenues dipped because your fellow Nigerians have been stealing the oil over the years? If you have the opportunity to steal oil, I suspect you'd jump at it based on your current pain because you probably lost funds through Binance and crypto. Are you also aware that they cut the heads of their citizens for certain crimes in those countries?

Let us focus on the Kuwait you mentioned. Below is the country-risk assessment of Kuwait:
Corruption is a hurdle for businesses investing in Kuwait. The ruling family and the Kuwaiti elite control key economic activities and sectors. Informal monopolies and oligopolies exist, and connections between the administration and private companies have resulted in uneven market competition. Kuwaiti law criminalizes abuse of office, extortion, money laundering and active and passive bribery, among other corruption offenses, but not the bribery of foreign officials. Bribery, facilitation payments and giving and receiving gifts are widespread in Kuwait despite being illegal. The government does not implement anti-corruption laws effectively, and public officials reportedly engage in corrupt activities with impunity
https://www.ganintegrity.com/country-profiles/kuwait/

Funny enough it is always the lazy and wicked southern presidents that so much tax Nigerians, taxes that end up being paid mostly by southerners in Nigeria while northerners don't pay as much
Again, how much taxes did you pay? What taxes differentiate northerners from southerners?

Finally, the way some of you abuse the system in Nigeria, you and politicians inclusive would be executed if you try it in other countries. You have too much freedom in Nigeria, which has allowed people like you to be abusing laws. Go and try some of these things you do in China, Indonesia, and Russia.
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by Tareq1105: 7:33am On Mar 29
Penguin2:
Tax, tax and more tax

Foolish and brainless people have taken over the reins of power.

Pathetic!

Yes, it's only you that is wise.
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by LandMann: 10:37am On Mar 29
emkz:

Finally, the way some of you abuse the system in Nigeria, you and politicians inclusive would be executed if you try it in other countries. You have too much freedom in Nigeria, which has allowed people like you to be abusing laws. Go and try some of these things you do in China, Indonesia, and Russia.

You're dumb...

I pay close to 60k every month in TAX.... I have paid over 10 million in tax to the useless Nigerian government since I started working. What has the government given to me in return?

Till now I still don't have electricity. I pay for my healthcare and I pay for security, water and fuel for electricity. These are very basic amenities that the government could have provided with the money they have collected from me.

Do you know what it means to run a generator on diesel or fuel for 12 hours a day, 20 days in a month in other to keep your business going?

Over 60 years after independence and your government is unable to provide electricity for Nigerians because they keeps looting and stealing whatever money they get from crude oil sales and taxing poor Nigerians. What kind of a fool will keep supporting such government?

Look at your lame excuse that population is too high in Nigeria that is why it's difficult for the government to provide basic amenities and security for Nigerians. What is the population of China? How come China is industrialised and developed while your elected government officials keep running to China to borrow money that they'll still loot while "patriotic" people like you come online to defend and support them?

You think you are wise by buying treasury bills and the socalled renewed hope infrastructure fund... Lol... What is the interest rate on the treasury bill? What is the inflation rate? In one year time you'll be poorer for the decision you just took cos whatever you get from such investment will become worthless due to inflation.

Your corrupt government will never implement extreme laws like killing public officials who loot public funds or resources. But they're always ready to implement extreme policies to cripple the populace.

Please don't compare my choices to your miserable life. The skills I have and the amount of money I'm able to make with the skills, I doubt if you or anyone in your immediate family can make such.

If I criticise Nigeria or Nigerian government it is because I hate and detest the system. I have seen what Nigeria can do to those who do not have the means to protect themselves.

Nigeria does not protect the weak and vulnerable the way the USA and UK protect their population, especially the weak and vulnerable, the lower class.

Your country is still paying 30k as minimum wage in a time where cost of goods and services have risen by over 1000%.

The joke is on you sir. Your eyes are open but you can't see
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by emkz: 11:35am On Mar 29
LandMann:

You're dumb...

I pay close to 60k every month in TAX.... I have paid over 10 million in tax to the useless Nigerian government since I started working. What has the government given to me in return?

Till now I still don't have electricity. I pay for my healthcare and I pay for security, water and fuel for electricity. These are very basic amenities that the government could have provided with the money they have collected from me.

Do you know what it means to run a generator on diesel or fuel for 12 hours a day, 20 days in a month in other to keep your business going?

Over 60 years after independence and your government is unable to provide electricity for Nigerians because they keeps looting and stealing whatever money they get from crude oil sales and taxing poor Nigerians. What kind of a fool will keep supporting such government?

Look at your lame excuse that population is too high in Nigeria that is why it's difficult for the government to provide basic amenities and security for Nigerians. What is the population of China? How come China is industrialised and developed while your elected government officials keep running to China to borrow money that they'll still loot while "patriotic" people like you come online to defend and support them?

You think you are wise by buying treasury bills and the socalled renewed hope infrastructure fund... Lol... What is the interest rate on the treasury bill? What is the inflation rate? In one year time you'll be poorer for the decision you just took cos whatever you get from such investment will become worthless due to inflation.

Your corrupt government will never implement extreme laws like killing public officials who loot public funds or resources. But they're always ready to implement extreme policies to cripple the populace.

Please don't compare my choices to your miserable life. The skills I have and the amount of money I'm able to make with the skills, I doubt if you or anyone in your immediate family can make such.

If I criticise Nigeria or Nigerian government it is because I hate and detest the system. I have seen what Nigeria can do to those who do not have the means to protect themselves.

Nigeria does not protect the weak and vulnerable the way the USA and UK protect their population, especially the weak and vulnerable, the lower class.

Your country is still paying 30k as minimum wage in a time where cost of goods and services have risen by over 1000%.

It is because you are silly that you'd come here to lie.

You pay close to 60k naira in tax and more than ten million since you started working. That means you have worked for about 13 years if your story is remotely true. What kind of work is that and what kind of tax did/do you pay? Answer with evidence if you'd dare.

You pay for your healthcare and water and electricity. Don't people who pay taxes in US, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, Europe and USA pay for healthcare, water, and electricity?

You have a choice not to run your own generator. You claimed to have skills, but you lack basic thinking skills. Instead of running a generator, why couldn't you find alternative means of power like a dedicated wind turbine and even coal or solar? Wouldn't that take you off the grid?

Who told you China is developed? Please do a Google search on that as I cannot teach you something you ought to know if you are half-intelligent. China is industrialized partly because they took drastic actions against people like you who want to operate through mago mago for profits. You are pained because you probably lost a lot of money through dubious things. Of you despite Nigeria so much, carry your business to China let me see if you'd survive one day of your own corruption there.

The recent T-bills were oversubscribed by as much as three times. Attractive with rate of 21.49%, which is reasonable for any sensible investor. But you wouldn't know that because you are at best a small-scale yahoo businessman as evidenced by the lies you posited.

Because you are miserable, you are projecting your misery to me. I can't say I feel your pain because I don't. I will not insult your family, because they have done nothing to me. I just feel sorry for you for disgracing your parents after all the time they spent to raise a responsible human being and raised a myopic fraud like you. I will also not compare skillswt with you because I can't peddle low self esteem with you who is obviously pained and seeking validation of "I am better than you".

You obviously are not aware of the number of deaths from mass shootings in the US on a daily basis nor are you aware of knife attacks in the UK
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by emkz: 11:42am On Mar 29
LandMann:

You're dumb...

Why don't you rebut your lie about Kuwait I busted?
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by LandMann: 2:06pm On Mar 29
emkz:

It is because you are silly that you'd come here to lie.

You pay close to 60k naira in tax and more than ten million since you started working. That means you have worked for about 13 years if your story is remotely true. What kind of work is that and what kind of tax did/do you pay? Answer with evidence if you'd dare.

You pay for your healthcare and water and electricity. Don't people who pay taxes in US, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, Europe and USA pay for healthcare, water, and electricity?

You have a choice not to run your own generator. You claimed to have skills, but you lack basic thinking skills. Instead of running a generator, why couldn't you find alternative means of power like a dedicated wind turbine and even coal or solar? Wouldn't that take you off the grid?

Who told you China is developed? Please do a Google search on that as I cannot teach you something you ought to know if you are half-intelligent. China is industrialized partly because they took drastic actions against people like you who want to operate through mago mago for profits. You are pained because you probably lost a lot of money through dubious things. Of you despite Nigeria so much, carry your business to China let me see if you'd survive one day of your own corruption there.

The recent T-bills were oversubscribed by as much as three times. Attractive with rate of 21.49%, which is reasonable for any sensible investor. But you wouldn't know that because you are at best a small-scale yahoo businessman as evidenced by the lies you posited.

Because you are miserable, you are projecting your misery to me. I can't say I feel your pain because I don't. I will not insult your family, because they have done nothing to me. I just feel sorry for you for disgracing your parents after all the time they spent to raise a responsible human being and raised a myopic fraud like you. I will also not compare skillswt with you because I can't peddle low self esteem with you who is obviously pained and seeking validation of "I am better than you".

You obviously are not aware of the number of deaths from mass shootings in the US on a daily basis nor are you aware of knife attacks in the UK

Your problem is that you think others on nl live the same miserable life as you.

I probably finished my NYSC service while you were still writing jamb, if at all you wrote or even went through the four walls of a university.

How much do you think someone with a net pay of N380k/m pays in tax monthly in Nigeria?

How many times have you seen those in UK or US taking gallons to go buy water from the borehole of next door neighbour?

How many people living in US or UK run their business with generators 12 hours a day because the government cannot provide electricity? Do you even understand the cost implication and the impact on inflation of running individual generators due to government's inability to fix power sector which all boils down to corruption and a rotten system?

You foolishly suggest that I, an individual, should generate my own electricity after paying tax, meanwhile, until recently, the law of your useless country did not permit it. So, in essence, what is the tax I and others pay being used for?

You boldly suggest that it's okay to remain in darkness in Nigeria.

China is not developed but most of the heavy railway and road construction projects in Nigeria are being handled by Chinese companies. Most of the android phones and spare parts being used in Nigeria are manufactured in China. China is net exporter of goods and services and they've been maintaining a positive trade balance for a long time now which has given them a strong and stable currency that is even among the basket of currencies used for global trading.

Now, contrast all the above metrics with your darling country and tell me were your country stand compared to China. How many times has the president of China come to beg your Nigerian president for loan? How many road and railway construction projects are Nigerian companies handling in China? What and what do you manufacture in Nigeria and export to China and other countries?

You celebrate a 21% return on T-bill investment but what is the inflation rate? In one year, your 1 million will be 1.2 million but in same one year time, anything that costs 1 million today will cost 1.3 to 1.5 million in one year's time. So, who loses?

On Kuwait, what I mentioned is that Kuwait does not charge tax the way Nigeria does, yet they're still able to provide basic amenities for their citizens. Kuwait generates more electricity than than Nigerian and more electricity than their country needs, and it's quite affordable. How many kilowatts of electricity does your corrupt and inefficient government in Nigeria produce and how many times do you have national grid collapse in Nigeria in a year which plunges a large proportion of the country into darkness. To you, all this is very normal. How can a normal person think like this?

If you are pained because I said I am more skilled and earn more than you then go and hit your head on a wall. You stirred the hornets nest with your dumb comment earlier. Were you expecting a pat on your flat head?

Below is one of my investment portfolio since you're looking for proof that we're not in same class.

I can tell that you are among those that brought this calamity of a government upon Nigerians. No point engaging you further. Enjoy your country and government. If you can survive then I can survive.
Re: FG Eyes N5trn VAT In 2024 by emkz: 2:47pm On Mar 29
LandMann:

Your problem is that you think others on nl live the same miserable life as you.

I probably finished my NYSC service while you were still writing jamb, if at all you wrote or even went through the four walls of a university.

How much do you think someone with a net pay of N380k/m pays in tax monthly in Nigeria?

How many times have you seen those in UK or US taking gallons to go buy water from the borehole of next door neighbour?

How many people living in US or UK run their business with generators 12 hours a day because the government cannot provide electricity? Do you even understand the cost implication and the impact on inflation of running individual generators due to government's inability to fix power sector which all boils down to corruption and a rotten system?

You foolishly suggest that I, an individual, should generate my own electricity after paying tax, meanwhile, until recently, the law of your useless country did not permit it. So, in essence, what is the tax I and others pay being used for?

You boldly suggest that it's okay to remain in darkness in Nigeria.

China is not developed but most of the heavy railway and road construction projects in Nigeria are being handled by Chinese companies. Most of the android phones and spare parts being used in Nigeria are manufactured in China. China is net exporter of goods and services and they've been maintaining a positive trade balance for a long time now which has given them a strong and stable currency that is even among the basket of currencies used for global trading.

Now, contrast all the above metrics with your darling country and tell me were your country stand compared to China. How many times has the president of China come to beg your Nigerian president for loan? How many road and railway construction projects are Nigerian companies handling in China? What and what do you manufacture in Nigeria and export to China and other countries?

You celebrate a 21% return on T-bill investment but what is the inflation rate? In one year, your 1 million will be 1.2 million but in same one year time, anything that costs 1 million today will cost 1.3 to 1.5 million in one year's time. So, who loses?

On Kuwait, what I mentioned is that Kuwait does not charge tax the way Nigeria does, yet they're still able to provide basic amenities for their citizens. Kuwait generates more electricity than than Nigerian and more electricity than their country needs, and it's quite affordable. How many kilowatts of electricity does your corrupt and inefficient government in Nigeria produce and how many times do you have national grid collapse in Nigeria in a year which plunges a large proportion of the country into darkness. To you, all this is very normal. How can a normal person think like this?

If you are pained because I said I am more skilled and earn more than you then go and hit your head on a wall. You stirred the hornets nest with your dumb comment earlier. Were you expecting a pat on your flat head?

Below is one of my investment portfolio since you're looking for proof that we're not in same class.

I can tell that you are among those that brought this calamity of a government upon Nigerians. No point engaging you further. Enjoy your country and government. If you can survive then I can survive.

I can see you are in pains, extremely severe pains.

As misery loves company, you desperately want me to swim with you.

No!

You and I are not on the same level based on your net salary. You alluded that you probably finished NYSC while I was still writing JAMB. You do not finish NYSC and you do not write JAMB. You finish service year and you write UTME or UME conducted by JAMB. I hope you understand?

You still stubbornly insist that China is developed. Even China doesn't classify itself as a developed nation, but you wouldn't know that because you are a hare-brained amateur slowpoke. I know you don't even know the metrics of development.

Then you posted some screenshot to claim it was one of your investment portfolios. I am sure Nairalanders would be interested in knowing the business that returns more than $800 daily interests. Where is your name on that dubious investment? What kind of investment is it?

I can read from your submissions that your exposure is extremely limited. Before the recent law was passed, you didn't know many people were already generating electricity from solar? If you were a decent businessman, wouldn't you have looked at the cost you deploy on diesel per year and see if generating your own electricity would be cheaper?

Do you even know that Nigeria is a net exporter of goods and services except in some select years? You come off to me as an amateur economist without a modicum of business acumen. I even suspect you might still be in the university because your exposure is obviously limited in basic research.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanusi To FG: Stop Accumulating Debts For Future Generation / Police Recruits Lament Inhuman Condition At Enugu Police College / NUPENG Calls Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.