Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Today Is Good Friday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Good Friday (2943 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is Good Friday by Oceanfl0w: 9:41am On Mar 29
Today is Good Friday, the Friday before Easter, the day on which Christians annually observe the commemoration of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. From the early days of Christianity, Good Friday was observed as a day of sorrow, penance, and fasting.

Top Bible Verses for Good Friday
1 Peter 2:24 - He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

Mark 9:31 - For he was teaching his disciples, saying to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him. And when he is killed, after three days he will rise.”

Mark 10:34 - And they will mock him and spit on him, and flog him and kill him. And after three days he will rise.”

Isaiah 53:5 - But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.

Romans 5:6-10 - For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

Mark 8:31 - And he began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes and be killed, and after three days rise again.

Matthew 12:40 - For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Donchieli: 10:07am On Mar 29
What a blessed day

And a good day to leave all the yenyenye behind me

It can only b God

8 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Peterpaul96: 10:07am On Mar 29
Ywah
Re: Today Is Good Friday by AntiChristian: 10:07am On Mar 29
Bad Friday! lipsrsealed

Some's God is dying but it's good!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Donchieli: 10:07am On Mar 29
Yesss

Oceanfl0w:
Today is Good Friday, the Friday before Easter, the day on which Christians annually observe the commemoration of the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. From the early days of Christianity, Good Friday was observed as a day of sorrow, penance, and fasting.

Top Bible Verses for Good Friday
1 Peter 2:24 - He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

Mark 9:31 - For he was teaching his disciples, saying to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him. And when he is killed, after three days he will rise.”

Mark 10:34 - And they will mock him and spit on him, and flog him and kill him. And after three days he will rise.”

Isaiah 53:5 - But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.

Romans 5:6-10 - For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.

Mark 8:31 - And he began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes and be killed, and after three days rise again.

Matthew 12:40 - For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by money121(m): 10:08am On Mar 29
Ok
Re: Today Is Good Friday by tefishy(m): 10:09am On Mar 29
I pray the Friday ends good
Re: Today Is Good Friday by todaynewsreview: 10:10am On Mar 29
Happy Good Friday
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Amigoss: 10:12am On Mar 29
Happy Good Friday to everyone and the oviobas around the world cool wink

Every Easter Anthem in Benin,Rest on Chris Id🙏

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skqUHxgq9ws&pp=ygUNY2hyaXMgaWQgbWFyeQ%3D%3D

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday by maureensylvia(f): 10:12am On Mar 29
Let this Good Friday remind us of how much love God has for us.

Let's consider Christ's sacrifice as we put others first today

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Image123(m): 10:16am On Mar 29
The Best Friday actually.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Joshdigital: 10:17am On Mar 29
I'm blessing by his blood
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Jennyclay(f): 10:17am On Mar 29
tefishy:
I pray the Friday ends good
Amen.

it will end good if you come and take me out cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Amigoss: 10:20am On Mar 29
Jennyclay:
Amen.

Jenny!!!! send me your aza,no carry my billings go elsewhere wink
Re: Today Is Good Friday by 99thEnemy(m): 10:21am On Mar 29
No meat for me today ooooooooooo!
Re: Today Is Good Friday by wiseone28: 10:21am On Mar 29
AntiChristian:
Bad Friday! lipsrsealed

Some's God is dying but it's good!
Trying to sound funny but looked dumb

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Brighton1(m): 10:22am On Mar 29
Jennyclay:
Amen.
why re Nigerian girls always hungry,,, can’t u take urself out and spend ur money on urself?
Re: Today Is Good Friday by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 10:26am On Mar 29
Happy Good Friday
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Shimran(m): 10:28am On Mar 29
Jesus (Peace be unto him) was neither killed nor crucified for a salvation/sacrifice for human sins!

If God (The Father) forgive he never look back again.... Book of Ezekiel, 18, verse 1-30 elaborate.

Again: Deut 24:16 "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin".

Below goes a fair debate on the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oc3i-d7Dvg?si=G59hsS4zgBVqfCaG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5TyOuEf3Gs?si=0bpdH3UGA8s1mWjw
Re: Today Is Good Friday by LagosFirstSon: 10:28am On Mar 29
Yeah Good
Re: Today Is Good Friday by weedfada(m): 10:28am On Mar 29
Happy Good Friday y'all!
Hitting the strip tonight... wild night ahead mehnn tongue grin
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Riskymarvelous(m): 10:35am On Mar 29
What is good today now Or mouh just Dey thank God say we see today
Re: Today Is Good Friday by tefishy(m): 10:36am On Mar 29
Jennyclay:
Amen.

embarassed I don't go out on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Valentine's day, Christmas day, Boxing day, New year's day.

Sorry dear cheesy
Re: Today Is Good Friday by judedwriter(m): 10:37am On Mar 29
If not Jesus' sacrifice, many of us won't be reading this today....

Thank you LORD for your salvation!

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday by BOSSkesh(m): 10:40am On Mar 29
Christ is king

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Dundalk(m): 10:41am On Mar 29
tefishy:

embarassed I don't go out on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Valentine's day, Christmas day, Boxing day, New year's day.

Sorry dear cheesy
you they avoid billing or you don't go out really..

grin
Re: Today Is Good Friday by BOSSkesh(m): 10:41am On Mar 29
Shimran:
Jesus (Peace be unto him) was neither killed nor crucified for a salvation/sacrifice for human sins!

If God (The Father) forgive he never look back again.... Book of Ezekiel, 18, verse 1-30 elaborate.

Again: Deut 24:16 "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin".

Below goes a fair debate on the issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oc3i-d7Dvg?si=G59hsS4zgBVqfCaG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5TyOuEf3Gs?si=0bpdH3UGA8s1mWjw

Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Today Is Good Friday by AZControversial(m): 10:41am On Mar 29
smiley
Good Friday!

The perfect enactment of God's love to mankind!!!
Re: Today Is Good Friday by GlitzJournal: 10:44am On Mar 29
May the love of Jesus Christ bring you comfort and strength this Good Friday. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Jennyclay(f): 10:45am On Mar 29
tefishy:

Sorry dear cheesy
just tell me you’re stingy man and I will understand cheesy

I won’t bite you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Download A Bible / Do U Believe Witches Exist? / Prophecy 2014 - Prophet Olaye George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.