Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today (9563 Views)

SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Gives Update On 11.2m Blocked Mobile Lines / SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Rules Out Extension, Telcos Bar 12 Million Lines / NIN-SIM Linkage: Unblocking SIM Cards Require Linkage - NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by Lamasta(m): 11:31am On Mar 29
In this digital world you will be doing registration manually even after BVN generated NIN for us instead of NIMC to take it up and update it on their records too they said no na to purnish Nigerians them sabi...

They came with BVN to checkmate corruption still yet corruption is at its highest now NIN still yet kidnapping did not reduce...

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by hotseat: 11:39am On Mar 29
meum:
Even when the court said otherwise?

https://leadership.ng/nin-court-bars-mtn-others-from-deactivating-subscribers-lines/

The SIM registration that was done, we see how they are using it to track kidnappers. Well done.

This is one of the major reasons why streamlining sim card ownership is a necessity.

Isn't it curious that a single individual would go to the extent of "obtaining" thousands of registered/unregistered sim cards?

The know your customer (KYC) policy has come to stay.

I presume, only dubious and criminally-minded persons would oppose the stance of the NCC.

Get your sim card properly and legally registered or get permanently blocked!

@hotseat
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by lexy2014: 11:54am On Mar 29
ldab:
Abeg this is long over due na

long overdue for what exactly?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by lexy2014: 11:55am On Mar 29
hotseat:

This is one of the major reasons why streamlining sim card ownership is a necessity.

Isn't it curious that a single individual would go to the extent of "obtaining" thousands of registered/unregistered sim cards?

I presume, only dubious and criminally-minded persons would oppose the stance of the NCC.

@hotseat

how has all you have said justifying disobeying a court order?

is NCC now a crime fighting organisation?

why did the NCC not use its new found crime fighting function to stop the kidnapping of the 137 children or help in the capture of the kidnappers?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by FireUpNow(m): 12:04pm On Mar 29
This is serious! One person having 1000 lines? I hope this is not being bloated out of proportion? Anyways, it's a welcome development.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by KushLyon(m): 12:13pm On Mar 29
The funny thing is that after you have been barred on MTN and you go to their office to unbarr it and link your NIN, they will charge you 1k as if you're buying a brand new sim, mad people
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by Metrofox(m): 12:28pm On Mar 29
una dey craze? How many times you go do this blocking ? Same topic 400 times
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by DrMuzungu(m): 12:33pm On Mar 29
Those incompetent c0cksvckers made me lose my number which I used for over 15-16 years. Paid N25k for it when it first came out.
One registration, I was thinking I am safe now.
Two registrations, I was thinking I am safe now.
Three registrations, I was thinking I am safe now.
Four registrations, I was thinking I am safe now.
Five registrations, I was thinking I am safe now.

Well, I was wrong each time, and they got me when I was on my prolonged stay abroad. Disconnected my number and a few months later gave it to someone else.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by YahAdams1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 29
[quote author=Omoapena post=129165358]Unrelated to the post.

Pls, does satellite phone requires sim to function?

I need your help. Please
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by Kingrshd3: 12:43pm On Mar 29
meum:
Even when the court said otherwise?

https://leadership.ng/nin-court-bars-mtn-others-from-deactivating-subscribers-lines/

The SIM registration that was done, we see how they are using it to track kidnappers. Well done.

Exactly my opinion OOO

With all the nin bvn and other trash yet bandit and kidnapping activities are still going on smoothly 😢

So what's d essence
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by silaswills01(m): 12:54pm On Mar 29
Nigeria is just a joke
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by Myhusband(m): 1:16pm On Mar 29
Block it I'll buy new sim and give the new line to my love ones

I link for 4 times they're still saying rubbish, thunda fire you people
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by Abdulmumin412(m): 1:58pm On Mar 29
Jostoman:
10,000 line for one person? This one na lying muhammed second. grin grin

They didn't say 10,000 lines for one person but 10,000 persons linked their lines to a single NIN.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by Jostoman: 2:06pm On Mar 29
Abdulmumin412:

They didn't say 10,000 lines for one person but 10,000 persons linked their lines to a single NIN.
Ok
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by YOUNGELDER1(m): 2:26pm On Mar 29
bentenny:
Hmm
Why is glo still send subscribers notification about linking when they are already linked?

Good question
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by meum: 3:00pm On Mar 29
hotseat:

@hotseat

I have a few questions:
1. During SIM registration, a lot of people including myself got their SIMs registered yet network providers were still sending messages to the same asking them to register their SIMs. What happened to the ones they did before? Where did that data go to?

2. I know you are aware that kidnappings have been happening unabated even with all SIMs duly registered with the network providers. Again what have they used these data from KYC for? Has kidnapper been arrested using the data from SIM used in using to negotiate for ransom?

3. What is the guarantee that if our NINs are linked to our SIMs, the same data won’t be missing & another request to link NINs to the same SIMs sent to people that already did so?

I am not against it but why don’t they use the data linked to the active SIMs which we already provided then match it with the NIN database? Any new SIM can then be registered with NIN, VIN, NUBAN, DL, S/N or whatever.

Note: I’ve done SIM registration with my NIN. That was in 2021. Ask them where that data is & your guess is as good as mine.
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by HRMK: 4:09pm On Mar 29
the #ncc should/must stop extending the last date for this to be done!
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by PlushyRealtor: 4:23pm On Mar 29
Who knows after the deadline and sim cards ban, will it be reinstalled when linked after deadline?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by dewiseacre(m): 5:46pm On Mar 29
Where is the evidence of people with 10,000 lines? Can't you start with those first, if they actually exist and it's not an exaggerated statement to prove a point?

Why can't this be done online?

I tried going to a Glo office the other time and the crowd was mammoth! The people there were even doing deals as usual.. why does everything in this country proposed by government for the public have to be stressful, frustrating, and void of a simple process? Why?
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by Funkybabee(f): 8:55pm On Mar 29
Orisirisi, continue

Do you know how many people you have rendered jobless this month because of the sim barred, you are still threatening while people will be facing tge telecommunication company that they were the one barring lines.

E ku ise, we go survive no matter your unfavourably law
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage: NCC Insists On Axing Non-compliant Subscribers Today by DrMuzungu(m): 9:12pm On Mar 29
dewiseacre:
why does everything in this country proposed by government for the public have to be stressful, frustrating, and void of a simple process? Why?

Why? Simply put, because we vote based on tribe and empty promises. Things would be a lot different if we vote based on proven track record and merits.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ultrasonic Vs Optical Fingerprint Scanner: How Do They Differ? / How To Make Huge Cash Creating Power Bank Yourself / See What A Corper Bought In Aba This Morning [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.