Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market (28930 Views)

Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by dre11(m): 6:43am On Mar 30

The naira, on Friday, appreciated to N1,280 per dollar at the parallel section of the foreign exchange (FX) market.

The current FX rate signifies a 5.19 percent appreciation from the N1,350/$ reported on March 27.

Currency traders in Lagos, also known as bureau de change (BDCs) operators, quoted the buying rate of the greenback at N1,260 and the selling price at N1,280 — leaving a profit margin of N20.

“The price of the dollar as well as other major currencies have been falling. It is affecting our business as some customers prefer to keep their currencies than change it with us,” a currency trader identified as Aliyu told TheCable.

At the official section of the FX market, the local currency depreciated by 0.69 percent to N1,309.39/$ on March 28 — from N1,300.43/$ on March 27.

Meanwhile, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), on March 29, said the economy recorded over $1.5 billion in foreign exchange (FX) inflow this month, indicating its monetary policy initiatives are effective.

The apex bank said the naira is headed in the right direction, and the administration of Yemi Cardoso, CBN governor, remains committed to ensuring the stability of the market and the appropriate pricing of the naira against other major currencies worldwide.

https://www.thecable.ng/naira-appreciates-to-n1280-at-parallel-market/amp?/naira-appreciates-to-n1280-at-parallel-market

59 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by socialmediaman: 6:43am On Mar 30
This government is full of propaganda.

Here’s your proof:

https://www.nairaland.com/8046241/fact-checking-numbers-cbns-announcement

38 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by forgiveness: 6:45am On Mar 30
We thank baba God.

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by WeddingParol: 6:48am On Mar 30
Those praying for Nigeria to fail will not like this news.

All their states are filled with corruptions and non performing politicians but they careless about that.

They filled all the social media platforms with hate and negative narratives about Nigeria 🇳🇬 publicly praying for the country leadership to fail.

Don't worry, you will all reap what you sow.

185 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Abdul05: 6:49am On Mar 30
I Know some people won't be happy about this good news .. grin

See..when we talk about economics one can see that president tinubu knows the subject very well . grin grin

144 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by CodeTemplar: 6:51am On Mar 30
Truth is FG is selling lower and lower everyday to try and establish that sweet spot where demand equates supply. I hope they ve not exceeded that spot and resumed defence of one currency.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by vowiski(m): 6:51am On Mar 30
Lol,

Oshiomole style of leadership as NLC chairman.

They both know fuel will increase by N5. Government Increase fuel by N10. Everyone shouts and Oshiomole jumps round the Country.

Fuel reduces by N5. The original plan of the government, Masses say Fuel has reduced and Oshiomole try oooo.

Tinubu increases exchange rate to N1880. They know the economy is N1300-1400.

They bring it down to N1300-1400. Masses scream, Naira is appreciating.

I am forced to ask; Naira is appreciating from where ? Where did the present government meet it?

You can see the smoke and screen? cheesy

265 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Brenbentondiaz: 6:58am On Mar 30
Developers on reading this...

73 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by nakaman: 7:00am On Mar 30
I guess it's time to buy, traders advise me
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by MrSundry: 7:00am On Mar 30
I expect 4 sets of people to land on this thread:

1. The "dollar should go back to the #600 it was before the floating" crew;

2. The "enemies of Nigeria won't be happy with this news" crew;

3. The "when will the prices of goods reduce" crew.

4. The "non- partisan and unbiased news reader" crew.

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by clarocuzioo(m): 7:01am On Mar 30
The irony now is that prices of goods are not depreciating. Nigerian economy defiles all known economic laws.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Judolisco(m): 7:01am On Mar 30
With d way it went up rapidly, it will come down d same way

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Cassandraloius: 7:01am On Mar 30
Thank goodness!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Hez143(m): 7:01am On Mar 30
socialmediaman:
This government is full of propaganda!

Here’s your proof:

where's the propaganda
you guys are something else.

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by holadfikky(m): 7:01am On Mar 30
socialmediaman:
This government is full of propaganda!

Here’s your proof:

Must you against everything? Àbí enemy of progress ni e ni🤫

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by NaijaCover(m): 7:01am On Mar 30
Wow
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by BannedUser: 7:01am On Mar 30
Good one

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Richtaiwo: 7:02am On Mar 30
The set of enemies working out their assses to see Nigeria doesn't get out of the woods will sure be in pains. Some of the devils said the exchange rate will be 3000/$ before the end of March. All because Nigerians rejected their packaged fraud. Some of them are doing useless fact check over what is in public domain. They say it is propaganda and I ask, how can something that is visible to blind and audible to the deaf be propaganda again.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:02am On Mar 30
The prices of goods which is a direct effect of naira depreciation are still high. Yet his useless supporters are celebrating shit.
BIG SHAME

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by femi4: 7:02am On Mar 30
Not huru yet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by FitCorper: 7:02am On Mar 30
Like I said a long time ago, it’s was going to get hard and then get right. It’s not supposed to be easy, that’s not life.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Judolisco(m): 7:03am On Mar 30
vowiski:
Lol,

Oshiomole style of leadership as NLC chairman.

They both know fuel will increase by N5. Government Increase fuel by N10. Everyone shouts and Oshiomole jumps round the Country.

Fuel reduces by N5. The original plan of the government, Masses say Fuel has reduced and Oshiomole try oooo.

Tinubu increases exchange rate to N1880. They know the economy is N1300-1400.

They bring it down to N1300-1400. Masses scream, Naira is appreciating.

I am forced to ask; Naira is appreciating from where ? Where did the present government meet it?

You can see the smoke and screen? cheesy
do u understand why d naira went up in d first instance?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by samsegs(m): 7:03am On Mar 30
It's getting better...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Basic123: 7:03am On Mar 30
socialmediaman:
Fact Check everything! This government is full of propaganda.

Here’s your proof:

NO BE LIE BRO.

I am afraid the news is not what you like to hear for reasons best known to you.

I bought it 1280naira in Abuja here yesterday
And it will continue to fall because most BDCs are willing to sell

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by holadfikky(m): 7:03am On Mar 30
I'm optimistic and believe that this country will be great... awọn enemy of progress go and park well

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by theophorus(m): 7:03am On Mar 30
If you are holding for the sake of thinking it would rise again, then I urge you to Rethink cos this down wen he dey go so ehn na long thing ooo.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by emkz: 7:03am On Mar 30
No, Rufai Oseni won't be happy.

It is because of this Rufai Oseni did not come to work yesterday.

I have not seen a human being so vile, hateful and peddles evil about his own country.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Klington: 7:04am On Mar 30
shocked

The only time ordinary Nigerians will celebrate this audio naira appreciation is when prices of goods and services drop astronomically same way everything went up astronomically.

Tinubu and his team of failures can only deceive their empty headed gullible low IQ followers

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by slimstanakacns(m): 7:04am On Mar 30
Happy the naira is apprciating in value but no concurrent effect on the inflation level at the moment but hopefully stability will come with time.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Richtaiwo: 7:04am On Mar 30
socialmediaman:
Fact Check everything! This government is full of propaganda.

Here’s your proof:

Posting the useless thread you created to counter this report is nothing but a symptom of pain. Fact checking my hairy balls. Go to bdc agents to prove this report wrong, not one hatefilled fact check bunkum. The God of over 200 million Nigerians is billion lightyears ahead of few hateful ipobidients.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by Spuggie: 7:04am On Mar 30
Tinubu should at least leave it where he met it.

The same for pump price of fuel, leave it where you met it in the very least.

We can't still be paying subsidy and buying fuel at over 600naira.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market by tivta(m): 7:04am On Mar 30
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Anambra Traders Ban Prayers In Markets / EFCC Quizzes Allen Onyema Over $44.9 Million Wire Deals / Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.