Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention (8756 Views)

A Bride Campaigns For Labour Party's Peter Obi On Her Wedding Day (Photos) / Secondus Vs PDP: Court Defers Judgement On Convention Until Friday / Tribunal: Melaye "I Didn’t Promise To Give Out 10 Cars If Atiku Defeats Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by Fareke: 8:09am On Mar 30
The 2023 Labour Party, LP, presidential candidate, Mr Peter Obi, has said he promised to rebuild Nigeria and not to build a new party.

Obi made the remark while disclosing why he ignored the LP’s National convention in Anambra State.

Addressing Nigerians on X Space hosted by Parallel Facts on Friday, Peter Obi said he ignored the convention because the party leadership under Julius Abure failed to conduct wide consultation with key stakeholders of the party before embarking on the said convention.

He stressed the need for the right thing to be done to salvage the party, adding that he is more passionate about building a new Nigeria than building a new Labour Party.

“We promised to build Nigeria, we did not promise to build a New Labour Party,” Obi said.

He also threw his weight behind the call for a structure for the ‘Obidient’ movement.

"It is the standard practice around the world where movements form themselves into blocs and are part of the political process,” he added.

Two factional groups respectively led by Julius Abure and Apapa Lamidi have been claiming supremacy.

Also, the Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, is against Abure’s leadership of the party.

However, Abure was reelected during the controversial national convention organized in Anambra State.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/30/lp-crisis-i-didnt-promise-to-build-new-party-peter-obi-on-ignoring-national-convention/

7 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by Judgementa1: 8:48am On Mar 30
Someone that can't keep a happy home want to be leader of a community. Is that not call for anarchy.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by Fkmodhi: 9:20am On Mar 30
This man is too dull

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by EmperorCaesar(m): 9:24am On Mar 30
You're spineless, clueless and very passive

Expecting u to put things in order is like expecting a pregnant woman to paddle a canoe...it's a no-brainer

Even u wish u were a better leader cheesy cheesy cheesy

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by abdeefggh: 10:03am On Mar 30
You want to build a new Nigeria but you can't even put that small party in order.
Its like trying to build a house without blocks or laborers, how?
Even if you are made president, are you going be everywhere and do everything yourself?

I pity the re.tards taking you serious because you are just going to waste their time and life!

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by flokii: 10:08am On Mar 30
But they told you guys that LP was used as special purpose vehicle (spv) for Obi and his followers to contest for presidency na.. what more are you guys expecting from the man?.
Majority of those that moved to LP with him have left the party and it's likely Obi too will leave and return to APGA, his true home party.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by flokii: 10:15am On Mar 30
abdeefggh:
You want to build a new Nigeria but you can't even put that small party in order.
Even if you are made president, are you going be everywhere and do everything yourself?

I pity the re.tards taking you serious because you are just going to waste their time and life!

I don't think any party will ever agree to sign him or give him their party ticket after this outburst from Mr. Obi.. politics is team work just like in football team, nobody will bank on a selfish player or selfish politician as the case may be on anything. His ambition otilo.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by aswani(m): 10:43am On Mar 30
ScratchDtoto:
The Brown roofarian moozlems always hear or listen to back of television and they read newspapers upside down.

Typical sophistication generals

What have "brown roofarian moozlems" exactly got to do with Peter Obi saying he didn't promise to build a New Labour Party?

Can't you find a relevant thread to attack them, I am sure they are waiting for your likes.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by ScratchDtoto: 10:52am On Mar 30
aswani:

What have "brown roofarian moozlems" exactly got to do with Peter Obi saying he didn't promise to build a New Labour Party?

Can't you find a relevant thread to attack them, I am sure they are waiting for your likes.

The difference is the brown roof

3 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by emkz: 2:45pm On Mar 30
How?

Peter Obi cannot build a party, he cannot influence structural behaviour, he cannot caution a party chairman accused of fraudulent practice and forging signatures, he cannot question Aisha Yesufu for how she used diaspora funds, he can't even publish his party expenditure.

With the way Peter Obi observed as Julius Abure abused the Labour Party to the ground, I wonder why anyone thinks he has leadership qualities to even manage a complex nation like Nigeria.

You can't build a party or repair one but you claim you want to build Nigeria.

How?

Tinubu and Buhari built APC with their bases. Atiku could not hold PDP together after Jonathan left. This made indiscipl8ne to fester. When Oshiomole overreached himself in the Obaseki saga leading to APC Governors working against APC, the party had to force Oshiomole out. Peter Obi cannot manage LP and even LP elected representatives.

How would he manage Nigeria?

Peter Obi is no leader and if he is ever elected to lead Nigeria, he'd be confused because he'd see that leadership is not as easy as he thinks. Afterall, he had 8 years in Anambra, how come he didn't use Anambra to practice many of his recent messianic postulations of consumption to production?

Peter Obi, if you are reading this, you need to man up. Team up with NLC and TUC, and use your men to seize control of Labour Party from Abure. You can't be a leader and be doing smeh-smeh. See Tinubu who is known to be a nice guy; he fired a minister who worked the hardest in his campaign when she allowed herself to engage in disgraceful corruption. If you can't assert yourself as a leader, you are not ready for Nigeria.

Peter Obi, the litmus test of leadership is at the party level. You are failing miserably at it right now.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by dahmie2013: 2:46pm On Mar 30
grin grin grin Datz all...
Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by ngwaIgbo223: 2:47pm On Mar 30
Your mission sir is to disgrace tinubu and take power no other mission.

After that you bring all criminal haters to book

I will be glad to accept your offer as prisoner official.

I know why I said so. All comments from Nairaland will be revealed.

23 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by omenka1: 2:48pm On Mar 30
angry

17 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by christejames(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30
The People's President! Ride on sir!

4 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by Idun2024(f): 2:54pm On Mar 30
Hehehehe

This lamba lord again

When he says good morning, just go outside and confirm it is not afternoon before you believe him.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by arsenal33: 2:56pm On Mar 30
Shameful statement. He just admitted his incompetence in handling people

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by CoronaVirusPro: 2:56pm On Mar 30
All I know is that, Peter will decamp again.

That’s inevitable!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by Christistruth00: 2:56pm On Mar 30
Of Course

He only hijacks Parties Election Season Slots

Peter Obi is not a builder

37 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by Dididrumz(m): 2:59pm On Mar 30
Na them know weitin them dey talk.
Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by pacesetting: 2:59pm On Mar 30
Are you talking about a former two term governor?

He and Yara dua are the only governors that left money in the government without borrowing.
Judgementa1:
Someone that can't keep a happy home want to be leader of a community. Is that not call for anarchy.

2 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by IfnobeGod20: 3:01pm On Mar 30
abdeefggh:

Did you read another thing or you just want to comment at all cost? Did you read where he said Abure refused to do the right thing that was why he refused attending the convention? Let me repeat it,"Abure refused to do the right thing".
I want you to know that Peter Obi is not the leader of LP is just a former presidential candidate of the party and a normal member of the party, meaning there is a length he can go before they put him where he belongs. With his comment, it shows he has told Abure what to do and since he refused doing it, that was why he didn't attend the convention. Don't just comment for comment sake, read and understand and form a reasonable submission out of what you read. With your comment you've disgraced and downgraded your education.

4 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by rinzaugustine: 3:02pm On Mar 30
The man Nigerians voted for. Obi is right about this as he has always maintained ordinary Nigerians are his political structures and not politicians or political parties . The influence political parties have on their office holders is like that of university cult on a teenage member. A cult member can come to an event and go to greet his weed smoking cult members first before the parents. Tinubu might have good economic policies but party stalwarts will not allow that dream see light of the day because they want their own gigantic dreams fulfilled first, reason why Nigeria is in a sorry state from independence. Obi as president would have inspired the whole world on what Nigeria is capable of doing …top notch security, instead of funding politics which today is the biggest and most useless venture our political office holders invest in and which makes ordinary Nigerians useless; Obi will instead fund ordinary Nigerians and the multiplier effect , job and business opportunities it will create, coupled with our large population will rattle the whole world, pump billions into farmers that most young men will dream of becoming farmers and national news will be like “..section of Nigerians worried about excessive display of wealth by Nigerian farmers..” “…bbn naija star dumps boyfriend for wealthy farmer mallam Zaki in zungeru “…, same independent power supply that happened in Aba will be happening simultaneously in Ibadan, oshogbo, Kano, Warri, katsina, calabar etc Nigerians will start establishing mini power plants to solve electricity problems , thousands mini refineries even if one refines 5 liters of crude a day…the end goal of Nigerians taking charge of their own country courtesy of government backing is achieved . Aba will be exporting to west Africa wears and shoes instead of importing from China, railways to Niger republic and other African countries will be used to export excess food from north. Security will increase and clean up Niger delta to increase oil production and revenue to up to 5m bpd even if it means leaving opec for sometime, using government backing to build massive manufacturing and industrial parks in south west which will utilize independent power, use locally sourced raw materials and to Nigeria into the top industrial and export hub in Africa, that way nobody cares about the dollar , even if it falls to 80 naira nobody cares . Education trust funds and scholarships will be established for people that want to study overseas or locally and you will see agitation, tribalism, religious riots, rituals killings, kidnapping, armed robbery etc die a natural death and Nigerians in diaspora will start coming back home. A new Nigeria is possible with Peter Obi!

3 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by mobisonkk2: 3:03pm On Mar 30
Peter Gringory Obi, rest.

6 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:03pm On Mar 30
cheesy grin
Pity giringiry, we know yor capabilities and thats why we didn't expect anything from u

We know you have zero value and would yield a null output, so why vote u in the first place

Thanks for confirming our suspicion

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by adekolaelect(m): 3:05pm On Mar 30
ScratchDtoto:
The Brown roofarian moozlems always hear or listen to back of television and they read newspapers upside down.

Typical sophistication generals
If you get sense you will know there is no sense in what your pay master said. How can you build a whole country if you can't build only a political party? Charity they says it start from home !!!!

10 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:05pm On Mar 30
This man will soon decamp to SDP or APGA I don't trust him anymore

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by bobestman(m): 3:12pm On Mar 30
Judgementa1:
Swallow your hate abeg. Have not their been crisis in APC and PDP? Didn't they later settle it? Make una dey reason abeg

1 Like

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by Benwallt(m): 3:17pm On Mar 30
How does he hope to win election? You can't build a party and you want your name to appear on the ballot. How?

This man is vain.

4 Likes

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by bobestman(m): 3:17pm On Mar 30
abdeefggh:

Which party has not gone into crisis and come out? He is still a member. It is a family issue that will soon be resolved. Make una they keep una hate

1 Like

Re: LP Crisis: I Didn’t Promise To Build New Party – Peter Obi On Convention by IfnobeGod20: 3:18pm On Mar 30
emkz:
How?

Peter Obi cannot build a party, he cannot influence structural behaviour, he cannot caution a party chairman accused of fraudulent practice and forging signatures, he cannot question Aisha Yesufu for how she used diaspora funds, he can't even publish his party expenditure.

With the way Peter Obi observed as Julius Abure abused the Labour Party to the ground, I wonder why anyone thinks he has leadership qualities to even manage a complex nation like Nigeria.

You can't build a party or repair one but you claim you want to build Nigeria.

How?

Tinubu and Buhari built APC with their bases. Atiku could not hold PDP together after Jonathan left. This made indiscipl8ne to fester. When Oshiomole overreached himself in the Obaseki saga leading to APC Governors working against APC, the party had to force Oshiomole out. Peter Obi cannot manage LP and even LP elected representatives.

How would he manage Nigeria?

Peter Obi is no leader and if he is ever elected to lead Nigeria, he'd be confused because he'd see that leadership is not as easy as he thinks. Afterall, he had 8 years in Anambra, how come he didn't use Anambra to practice many of his recent messianic postulations of consumption to production?

Peter Obi, if you are reading this, you need to man up. Team up with NLC and TUC, and use your men to seize control of Labour Party from Abure. You can't be a leader and be doing smeh-smeh. See Tinubu who is known to be a nice guy; he fired a minister who worked the hardest in his campaign when she allowed herself to engage in disgraceful corruption. If you can't assert yourself as a leader, you are not ready for Nigeria.

Peter Obi, the litmus test of leadership is at the party level. You are failing miserably at it right now.
As I was reading your comment, I was expecting you to mention that Oshiobaba was removed by Tinubu or Buhari but you said he was removed by the party. I remember when the crisis in APC started, Buhari set up a committee headed by Tinubu to look into the issue and bring warring parties together both at the national and state level but you know what he could not do any thing, till the problem degenerated and APC lost many states directly and indirectly. You know what I want to bring out? Tinubu is said to be the National leader of APC in words but not on paper because the constitution of APC has no place for National leader at all and that is why no meeting called then that you will ever see him. If the so called National leader and a political strategist could not harness his party people together as the head of reconciliatory committee, please how much more an ordinary former presidential candidate and a normal party member like Peter Obi that has no portfolio in LP.
It seems some of you doesn't know the intrigue of party politics. He can only interface indirectly or involve when those with authority call for it. Just bear this in mind Peter Obi has no portfolio in LP. Hope you read where he made mentioned that Abure refused to do the right thing and that was why he refused to attend the convention? Meaning he must have told Abure what to do but he refused.
You guys must read and assimilate and not just read aimlessly. This is the same reason Atiku will find it difficult to settle the rift in PDP because he has limited powers. He is just a former VP and presidential candidate. The BOT should have taken up the responsible of settling friction in the party and not those without post in the party, it would be difficult to get result from it and that was why Tinubu failed to reconciled the aggrieved then because he weird no power.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Sowore Gets Support From Home Front / Governor Umahi Flags Off APC Membership Registration In Ebonyi / Buhari Tells New Envoys To Treat Nigerians Abroad With Dignity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.