Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani (21213 Views)

Governor Uba Sani Renames Major Road After El-Rufai / I Inherited $170 Million From My Parents- Peter Obi / Happening Now. Kaduna Is Fully Atikulated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by travelzcruix: 9:16pm On Mar 30
Pathetic how generations unborn will pay debts they know nothing about. As for the thieves............. . That's a blank cheque to write your ticket to hell.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Tochi3(m): 9:17pm On Mar 30
Brendaniel:
The same state APC and Tinubu supporters said was better than all south eastern states, then also claimed El-rufai performed better than every south eastern governor in the last administration.

Propaganda might help you win election but cannot help you offer good governance
Apc supporters are evil..

1 Like

Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Ezechimma(m): 9:23pm On Mar 30
In other words he is servicing and repaying the state debt with worker salaries, but I am sure his salary is the 1st deduction as the FAC comes in.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Energist: 9:27pm On Mar 30
crowther15:

There is piece was written by a Northerner and published on their media platform (daily trust). Elrufai took loan of $350m with condition to spend 78% of it on recurrent expenditures, and 22% on capital expenditures. Who takes IMF's loan under this mischievous condition? To me, the loan was not a good one.

Bro, it's not everything we read that's we should swallow hook line and sinker. Truth is universal. It can come from anyone including Satan. If that loan was only 22% opex, there's no way Elrufai would have pulled those infrastructural projects within 4 years. I agree that the loan was not a good one for the fact that it's fully in USD.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by senatordave1(m): 9:47pm On Mar 30
96ACE:
Now i see why Ashiru the PDP guy systematically backed out on chasing his stolen mandate grin

He didn't back out,he was well beaten.he lost fairly
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by moppie123(m): 9:54pm On Mar 30
Leaders have absolved themselves of the right to make excuses. You were well aware of the debt burden, El Rufai even included it in his handover note to you. You were voted (or rigged in) to solve problems so you have to get to work.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Timatayo1: 10:00pm On Mar 30
He supposed to know that by presenting him that big book

Na gbese be dat
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Charly68: 10:08pm On Mar 30
They have cornered that huge sum into private pockets under loan for one thing or the other that are not visible and verifiable.. . Those who put the states and Nigeria into fake debts shall not have peace in Jesus name
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by barinedan(m): 10:31pm On Mar 30
You in inherited it from your party man. So you guys should sort yourselves out
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Emmaskill(m): 10:35pm On Mar 30
nlfpmod:

https://leadership.ng/kaduna-gov-i-inherited-n85bn-587m-debts-we-cant-pay-salaries-now/
Tinubu ad APC don start the real politics of divide and rule. El Rufai and SDP in the mud.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by khattab02: 12:22am On Mar 31
Paraman:
Almost every state in Nigeria have to find ways in increasing their IGR
Very true!

The easiest I see solve insecurities and take an holistic approach to agriculture
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by okoroemeka(m): 12:28am On Mar 31
SmartProf:
So a certain midget left you a debt taller than him undecided
is this not the type of news you hear and Mr Peter obi comes to mind,after 8 years of not owning salary,pension, gratuity,contractor or supplier and even managed to save #75 billion naira after investing in other ventures ,this man supposed to be studied as a course in economics,like OBI 101, nigeria is the only place we're tribal hate will make some people to say I'll about this man

2 Likes

Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by chatinent: 12:29am On Mar 31
What happened to making the old person who was there pay for it?
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Pinicop(m): 12:44am On Mar 31
MONEY DEBT LEFT BY EL-RUFA'I

√ $587m (Dollar)
√ N85bn (Naira)

Let's convert the US Dollar to Naira at N1,600 per 1 Dollar.

$587million x N1,600 = N939.2billion.

Therefore, N939.2bn + N85bn = N1.024trillion

TOTAL MONEY DEBT (BOTH IN NAIRA AND DOLLARS) IS OVER ONE (1) TRILLION NAIRA

*** ***". *** ***

Then, 115 CONTRACT LIABILITIES
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Zool6: 1:12am On Mar 31
Same El rufai claimed he became poorer than he was before he became governor after he handed over while Buhari only acc was dormant most annoying part is El rufai skeleton son Bashir saying PO is not in caribe of his father in governance even when El Rufai left very high debt and PO left over 85b in save ,,lmao
quote author=nlfpmod post=129187616]

https://leadership.ng/kaduna-gov-i-inherited-n85bn-587m-debts-we-cant-pay-salaries-now/[/quote]
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by jaafree: 3:08am On Mar 31
This inexperienced bloated headed Governor is exposing himself. Had Elrufai continues no body will hear about the debt and he would've continue his projects and paying salaries without raising eyebrows.

Instead of you to go and seek for more loans you are here complaining as if you learn nothing from your predecessor.

State government is not your father's house, just borrow money do work last last no be you go pay the money nah the State.

It's very clear, just like BAT this man is clueless on how to carry on his mandate, all he knows is he want power and now he gets it and now crying like baby putting people into unnecessary hardship.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Cholison(m): 5:18am On Mar 31
Send. Shehu Sani warned against these loans but you joined to fight him. Karma is ...
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by samunaka: 5:23am On Mar 31
nlfpmod:

https://leadership.ng/kaduna-gov-i-inherited-n85bn-587m-debts-we-cant-pay-salaries-now/

My friend resign and stop being a public nuisance, were you not part of the previous government, when ever these people want to embezzle they will always fabricate lies against their predecessor in order to diverts people's attention from them
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Brenbentondiaz: 6:44am On Mar 31
Does that debt also affect your own salary, you gworro chewing mongrel?!
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by wolebest: 6:50am On Mar 31
nlfpmod:

Incompetence is brewing .........

What is he doing with the huge monthly allocations from the Federal government?

How come El Rufai was able to run the State?
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by HRMK: 8:17am On Mar 31
AS A FORMER SENATOR,WERE YOU NOT AWARE OF THIS? WERE YOU NOT PART OF THE RECKLESS APPROVAL OF THE LOUSY LOANS?
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by frog12: 9:08am On Mar 31
they should start arresting some of these ex-governors. this is serious ! shocked shocked
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by frog12: 9:19am On Mar 31
very serious shocked

Pinicop:
MONEY DEBT LEFT BY EL-RUFA'I

√ $587m (Dollar)
√ N85bn (Naira)

Let's convert the US Dollar to Naira at N1,600 per 1 Dollar.

$587million x N1,600 = N939.2billion.

Therefore, N939.2bn + N85bn = N1.024trillion

TOTAL MONEY DEBT (BOTH IN NAIRA AND DOLLARS) IS OVER ONE (1) TRILLION NAIRA

*** ***". *** ***

Then, 115 CONTRACT LIABILITIES
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Pinicop(m): 9:43am On Mar 31
frog12:
very serious shocked

Exactly
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by DJInfluence: 11:02am On Mar 31
Why governors thinks they are doing workers favours by paying the salary they worked for?

Same mentality with private biz owners who hired workers. They act like they are doing workers favours when they pay their salary late and sometimes not in full.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by MomohMrMoore: 11:06am On Mar 31
Lol.. this man only mentioned federal allocation, what about revenue generated internally? So nothing made by Kaduna state? They only wait fot their share of Oil money from the south?
What will happen to the whole North and some other southern states without Oil money?
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by frog12: 11:25am On Mar 31
only strangers can expose the filth in the house grin grin

wolebest:

Incompetence is brewing .........

What is he doing with the huge monthly allocations from the Federal government?

How come El Rufai was able to run the State?
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by jattopeter(m): 3:18pm On Mar 31
The Citizens are not yet ready to free themselves from all these frausdtsers.
So, Innocent Citizens should be the one to pay for it , We have long way to go.
Inspirer1:
Hmmmm,

But you need to also give the breakdown of the debts, is it in terms of loans used for capital projects or embezzled funds?
What have you been using your monthly allocation and igr for? And why should it be the civil servants that will have to bear the brunt?

But why should governors always leave behind heavy debts for predecessors?

grin grin grin grin grin grin that pix accompanying such report truly depicts so
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by jattopeter(m): 3:22pm On Mar 31
Not that he didn't find him "Worthy" , it was politics that played out there.
Mr President is a very Wiseman and he sense as time goes on, this man will be a problem to him because he has interest in Presidency.
They quickly silent him.
braveboi4life:
He'll rufai...bragged to be the best economist yet plunged the state into economic crisis...

Good BAT didn't find him worthy to be a minister
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by jattopeter(m): 3:28pm On Mar 31
My brother, forget NLC , they too are not serious, even the 30T , how many states are paying?
So many unpaid months for some states, when are we going to get it right in this country.
unite4real:
Is this how NLC will get the about N700k minimum wage? Looooool

When I say the best NLC can achieve will be around 50k and many states will still find that hard to pay due to the size of debts hanging on their necks from forex revaluation, many do not believe this.
National minimum wage cannot fly without all the stakeholders and the governors are the major stakeholders
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by unite4real: 3:51pm On Mar 31
jattopeter:
My brother, forget NLC , they too are not serious, even the 30T , how many states are paying?
So many unpaid months for some states, when are we going to get it right in this country.

You are right. If they have ensured that all states are complying with the 30k without exception, it will be easy for them to press further their demand for increase
Anything that will make any of the default it states to pay even 100k minimum will amount to reducing workforce drastically. When this happens, the workers will feel that their job was not protected as some people's jobs must have been used to make atonement form their demand. NLC will not have it all. If states must keep all.workers, I doubt if any can pay more than 50k apart from Lagos and maybe Rivers. The Kaduna that we used to praise is now complaining.
Re: I Inherited ₦85bn, $587m Debts, Can’t Pay Salaries Now: Kaduna Governor Uba Sani by Drbarmes(m): 5:35pm On Mar 31
Lagos has the highest debt in Nigeria but you don't see Jide complaining.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judge Awards Dino Melaye N10Million In Case Against The Nigerian Police / 63 Obigbo Residents Regain Freedom After 4 Months In Dungeons / CNN Headline: Latest News On Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.