Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East (547 Views)

She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo / Ikwerre And Port Harcourt Residence, Is This True? (screenshot) / Ruga: Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka Tell Nigerians To Defend Their Ancestral Lands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by santopelele(m): 11:01pm On Mar 30
THE ANCESTRAL CONNECTION BETWEEN IKWERRE'S AND SOUTH EAST

We have the following Ikwerre communities names in Southeast that has same ancestral connection in pronunciations and meaning. for instance:

RIVERS State IMO state. EBONYI state
1. Omuma. Omuma -
2 Isiokpo. Isiokpo. -
3. Rumuji. Umuji. -
4. Rumueze. Umueze. -
5. Rumuewhor - Umuawhor
6. Rumueme. Umueme
7. Umuike. Umuike
8. Uburu. - Uburu
9. Okposi. - Okposi
10. Rumucrushi
11. Ubima.
12. Afata. Afara
13. Uturu and in Abia we also have uturu.
Due to space I couldn't include Ikwerre communities names found in Enugu, Anambra and Abia states.
Question: was it also the South Easterners that forced our people to bear this names after Igbo communities in the East? That's for another day.

Since we couldn't find any connections between Ikwerre and Binin in terms of culture, language, behavior and Even location
I am giving the Binin people another opportunity to prove their Ikwerre claim once again. I challenge them to mention any Ikwerre Communities that has same spelling, same pronunciation and meaning in Binin like we have seen lots of Ikwerre communities replicated in the Southeast.

Mention just one name and I will backout from this Igbo unification.

I remain the Ikwerre man on a mission to Unify IGBO NATION.
#unifyriversigbos
TheTribes
IGBO EZUE TV
Iwhuruoha Voice

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by babasolution: 11:04pm On Mar 30
It's the ikwerre that claim Benin not Benin claiming ikwerre,direct your question to ikwerre

5 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by Whalis: 11:21pm On Mar 30
babasolution:
It's the ikwerre that claim Benin not Benin claiming ikwerre,direct your question to ikwerre
You don't need to reply the bastard. He is likely from Isiokpo or Elele. There we have Igbos from Aru (Arochukwu) settlers who couldn't locate their homeland.

2 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by Paraman: 11:24pm On Mar 30
santopelele:

We have the following Ikwerre communities names in Southeast that has same ancestral connection in pronunciations and meaning. for instance:

1. Omuma. Omuma -
2 Isiokpo. Isiokpo. -
3. Rumuji. Umuji. -
4. Rumueze. Umueze. -
5. Rumuewhor - Umuawhor
6. Rumueme. Umueme
7. Umuike. Umuike
8. Uburu. - Uburu
9. Okposi. - Okposi
10. Rumucrushi
11. Ubima.
12. Afata. Afara
Due to space I couldn't include Ikwerre communities names found in Enugu, Anambra and Abia states.
Question: was it also the South Easterners that forced our people to bear this names after Igbo communities in the East? That's for another day.

Since we couldn't find any connections between Ikwerre and Binin in terms of culture, language, behavior and Even location
I am giving the Binin people another opportunity to prove their Ikwerre claim once again. I challenge them to mention any Ikwerre Communities that has same spelling, same pronunciation and meaning in Binin like we have seen lots of Ikwerre communities replicated in the Southeast.

#unifyriversigbos
TheTribes
IGBO EZUE TV
Iwhuruoha Voice
Igbo man are you not tired of attaching yourself with the ikweres?

https://www.nairaland.com/6251294/not-igbo-wike-clarifies-confusion

4 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by gidgiddy: 12:15am On Mar 31
To this day, nobody has been able to point out one difference between those called Ikwerre and those called Igbo

If an Ikwerre wants say come, he will say "bia"

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by Aboks(m): 2:41am On Mar 31
Forced identity
land grabbers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by Enugurangers: 7:07am On Mar 31
Unity begging at it's finest. Smh

4 Likes

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by SmartyPants(m): 7:15am On Mar 31
I don't think any Edo person has time to drag Ikwerre people with you. If you are idle learn a trade or handwork quickly.

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by opamoses1: 7:18am On Mar 31
gidgiddy:
To this day, nobody has been able to point out one difference between those called Ikwerre and those called Igbo

If an Ikwerre wants say come, he will say "bia"
Dem plenty on twitter. Enjoy the video below. You can also take it up with manlike_ED. An Ikwerre man that likes to tutor Ibos.

https:///Manlike_ED/status/1772943954226434286?s=20

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by Pgirigory: 7:25am On Mar 31
According to source, those ikwerrians are from cultural infusion, slaves of igbos sold by ijaw, itsekiri and Edo people that were shattered around after the slave trade was abolished and couldn't go back to their, when about settling everywhere and they infused their language and culture in the aboriginal owners of wherever they found themselves and they were accommodated
Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by NewDea4: 7:30am On Mar 31
santopelele:

1. Omuma. Omuma -
2 Isiokpo. Isiokpo. -
3. Rumuji. Umuji. -
4. Rumueze. Umueze. -
5. Rumuewhor - Umuawhor
6. Rumueme. Umueme
7. Umuike. Umuike
8. Uburu. - Uburu
9. Okposi. - Okposi
10. Rumucrushi
11. Ubima.
12. Afata. Afara

#unifyriversigbos
TheTribes
IGBO EZUE TV
Iwhuruoha Voice

Igboman no dey tire to claim other tribe

Let Ikwerre breathe!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by Nigercity: 7:36am On Mar 31
opamoses1:

Dem plenty on twitter. Enjoy the video below. You can also take it up with manlike_ED. An Ikwerre man that likes to tutor Ibos.

If actually you believe that guy
Is an ikwerre man
Then you are in for a long thing, he is a Benin man for sure
Can't even speak ikwerre, you can do your research
On the other hand
The poster of this particular post o.p copied from Facebook is a known ikwerre man his pictures, videos are everywhere on Facebook
You can go and verify

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by AbujaCitiBlog: 7:57am On Mar 31
Ikwerre people are very funny people. They are not Igbos, they are from the Benin Kingdom but they can't trace anything Benin from there. Almost everything in their language is Igbo from names to almost everything! Yet they are from Benin. They claim that there other groups in Nigeria for instance the Igala and Yoruba have similarities according to them. I ask them a very simple question how many languages similarities do we have between the Igala and Yoruba? Less than 10! Even the Igala have more Igbo influence than Yoruba influence but you don't see Igbos claim that Igala is from Igbo! They try to mention Isoko and Urhobo! I laugh in Swahili! The percentage of similarities is maybe 25%. But Igbo and Ikwerre is 90%!

Several notable Ikwerre people have come out to debunk the Ikwerre is from Bini concept. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi said the same thing.

I have never seen where people are shamelessly claiming what doesn't claim them. Benin people have clearly distanced themselves from Ikwerre people on this matter.

Not to worry, one day there will be enough educated people in Ikwerre land to redirect the confused and decieved elders back to their original roots.

For now Ikwerre people can claim to be from the moon for all I care. FOOLS!

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by gidgiddy: 9:34am On Mar 31
opamoses1:

The guy you are posting is well known for making a fool of himself with this Igbo/Ikwerre matter

Does he think that this is just about language? This is about ancient custom and traditions. What is custom and tradition in Ikwerre? It is called Omeneli.

What custom and traditions in Igbo? It is Omenala

What is son of the soil in Ikwerre? It is the name of the fool you posted, Nwo-Dieli. In IIgno it is Nwa-Diala

What do Ikwerres call God? It is Chineke or Chi Okike, same as Igbos

What do Ikwerres call their kings? Eze, same as Igbos

The entire Ikwerre traditions and customs are exactly same as Igbos, just slight change in dialect

1 Like

Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by santopelele(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02
NewDea4:

Igboman no dey tire to claim other tribe

Let Ikwerre breathe!
focus on the post and leave the poster alone Huncle
Re: The Ancestral Connection Between Ikwerre's And South East by Morenikeji090(m): 2:04pm On Apr 02
Igbo no be by force to force people to love you your handwork shall speak out don’t force love. When u did good work for your race people are the ones to claim you not you claiming people up and down if Ikwerre say they are not frm Igbo leave them na by force

(1) (Reply)

YOU AND NIGERIA / The Yaradua Debacle / U.s. Data Since 1895 Fail To Show Warming Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.