Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” (21228 Views)

CBN To Resume Weekly FX Interventions Through BDCs / Attn. CBN/ EFCC: POS Street Operators Now Charge 10% For Cash Withdrawals! / Money Lending: CBN, EFCC, FCCPC, Others To Tackle ‘loan Sharks’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by bewla(m): 8:23am On Mar 31
FreeStuffsNG:
“Oga, it’s not easy for us again o. Police and EFCC are parading Zone 4 every time and if they see me and you standing along this street they would just jump down and arrest us. Holding dollar at all is a big evidence against us. They will just handcuff both of us and take us to their office,” says one of the street traders of hard currencies said in a chart with this reporter in Abuja.

This is a government of brilliant, competent,
hardworking and patriotic Nigerians, finest of the finest among us, with street credibility. We know how to run the streets from Lagos to Abuja. Ti won ba gba l'ero, won gba l'agidi wink Nigeria must reclaim its destiny and prosperity 101%!

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Baba in charge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Teenaira: 8:24am On Mar 31
crestedaguiyi:
They are all over Allen, from uba down to globus bank,same thing with hotel presidential pH. Are those ones immune

I don't just understand, almost every Mallam you see is a currency hustler. Nigerian currency have been so bastardised and desecrated over the years. The only skill you need to go into this business is being a Mallam. Almost everybody left their normal jobs to become BDC, oga o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:31am On Mar 31
blowjohn:

A currency trader, Mr Joseph Aadebayo who described the Zone 4 market as hitherto an all-comers affair, applauds the federal government’s resolve to ride the market of currency speculators in a quest to restore confidence in the market. “

Did u read the article at all?

You should have known that guy by now. He is just a nuisance on Nairaland. All he does is ask questions after questions and more questions.You know people who are jobless youth trying to fight depression on social media.

Tell him to profer his own solution. That's when you know he has nothing to contribute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by blowjohn(m): 8:34am On Mar 31
Zxcvbnmghtr:

He didn't read it. You should have known that guy be now. He is just a nuisance on Nairaland. All he does is ask questions. You know people who are jobless youth trying to fight depression on social media.

Am just noticing O.
I think he has mental issues especially with understand people.

Tnx for the revelation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:35am On Mar 31
blowjohn:

Am just noticing O.
I think he has mental issues especially with understand people.

Tnx for the revelation

Of course he has. Most of them do. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:38am On Mar 31
FreeStuffsNG:
“Oga, it’s not easy for us again o. Police and EFCC are parading Zone 4 every time and if they see me and you standing along this street they would just jump down and arrest us. Holding dollar at all is a big evidence against us. They will just handcuff both of us and take us to their office,” says one of the street traders of hard currencies said in a chart with this reporter in Abuja.

hardworking and patriotic Nigerians, finest of the finest among us, with street credibility. We know how to run the streets from Lagos to Abuja. Ti won ba gba l'ero, won gba l'agidi wink Nigeria must reclaim its destiny and prosperity 101%!

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
who is this one. Is that your achievement?
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Lanruze: 8:42am On Mar 31
These deliberate, planned and conscious efforts of the Apex Bank shows that Cardoso's led CBN Management is pursuing a clear direction & strategy to revive the badly devalued Naira and results are yielding fruits.

It's a shame to have smaller CFA zone countries & the Ghanian - Cedis mocking Nigeria's national currency.

The following measures have proven to be the game-changer we experienced in the last 2 weeks in the FX market ;

1,The Crackdown on Currency racketeering specifically in the Zone 4, Area, Abuja

2,The drill-down on cryptocurrency exchange operating in Nigeria encouraging arbitrage.

3,The re-licencing and regulation of BDCs.

4, The movement of crude sale receipts from NNPC to CBN.

5, The crackdown on DMBs and discoveries by CBN of over $5B idle in their vaults.

6, The weekly allocations of $10k to licensed BDCs

7, The clearing of FX allocation backlogs of about $5B .

8, Inclusion of EFCC to effect prosecution of economic saboteurs and financial criminals hoarding the dollars.

The saboteurs and racketeering syndicate are unhappy and lurking.

CBN should ensure its liquidity buffer from NNPC crude sales in it's vault is expedited to create a war-chest to defend the Naira (N) as the need arises.

Good one Cardi B.
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by blowjohn(m): 8:49am On Mar 31
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Of course he has. Most of them do. grin grin grin

😂😂😂

I just dey wonder since weda na robot the guy be
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by flexyrule(m): 8:51am On Mar 31
lexy2014:

have you swept 50m dollars in that location before?

pls tell us the amount of dollars that wuse zone 4 holds
Chief. It's too early for this childishness.

Can you tell the amount that any bank branch holds?
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by DryMouth: 8:59am On Mar 31
blowjohn:

Combine those locations u mentioned together, them no reach wuse zone 4.

If they tell u the amount of dollars that wuse zone 4 holds eh, u will think it's another CBN.
Lol..
Come to broad street.
It's just a matter of time before they come back there.
They even still doing business just that they don't do it openly

1 Like

Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by blowjohn(m): 9:02am On Mar 31
DryMouth:

Lol..
Come to broad street.
It's just a matter of time before they come back there.
They even still doing business just that they don't do it openly

Hmm. They raided there too?
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by DryMouth: 9:04am On Mar 31
blowjohn:

Hmm. They raided there too?
They raided there but they are fully back to business but this time around they don't display their dollars
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by lexy2014: 9:06am On Mar 31
flexyrule:
Chief. It's too early for this childishness.

Can you tell the amount that any bank branch holds?

according to you
flexyrule:
You can sweep 50m dollars cash in that location at any given time.

since you are not childish, then you should not have any problems answering my questions based on your claim:

have you swept 50m dollars in that location before?

pls tell us the amount of dollars that wuse zone 4 holds
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by blowjohn(m): 9:13am On Mar 31
DryMouth:

They raided there but they are fully back to business but this time around they don't display their dollars

Ya. I guess they have to follow the rules now.
Or operate illegally at their own risk
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Easy6597: 9:34am On Mar 31
lexy2014:

how will it get it right?

what is it that it will get right?

1. By not following the path Ojukwu took to achieve his Biafra dream.
2. He will make Nigerian as a country to work again.
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Niok: 10:24am On Mar 31
FreeStuffsNG:

abeg no vex who dey put him mind for ease?
When most of your Yoruba people don't even know where there next meal will come from
Apc retard that's what you're
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by lexy2014: 10:49am On Mar 31
Easy6597:

1. By not following the path Ojukwu took to achieve his Biafra dream.
2. He will make Nigerian as a country to work again.

pls look at my questions again. I was asking about an "it". can you use "it" for a human being?

who or what do you think I was referring to?

how will it get it right?

what is it that it will get right?
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Jayhome24: 10:59am On Mar 31
On this alone I salute Tinubu administration. In the past no one dares these vultures they are so powerful and full of themselves as untouchable but now reverse is the case.

Good one, they should all fled to wherever they wish to, the reform will fully be completed.

And for you sour losers soon your Gringory will dump you all and join another party.

Not only ghost town e go turn spirit town las las.

1 Like

Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by AerialMapper: 11:34am On Mar 31
BDC transactions still goes on. They have phones you know.

I purchased 65k usd off the black market with a phone call and it was delivered so the black market is still active only that they no longer loiter on the streets
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Vulcan24(m): 12:02pm On Mar 31
If u need 3 documentation to open a biz, Aboki would submit 1 and still open the biz!

Born to rule ppl
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Vulcan24(m): 12:04pm On Mar 31
Jayhome24:
On this alone I salute Tinubu administration. In the past no one dares these vultures they are so powerful and full of themselves as untouchable but now reverse is the case.

Good one, they should all fled to wherever they wish to, the reform will fully be completed.

And for you sour losers soon your Gringory will dump you all and join another party.

Not only ghost town e go turn spirit town las las.

Baba na street accountant
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by mayorkent(m): 12:23pm On Mar 31
Lols , Greed always win .. make we day watch
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Bluntemperor: 12:56pm On Mar 31
The Real Enemies of Nigeria:
See,most of the guys you see on the Streets, claiming to be selling Dollars ($),etc,are enemies of Nigeria,as they are not Productive and doing nothing,but are Undermining the Naira! Ask them - which business are they doing - are they Creative,or what Products are they Producing for Exports,so that they now have regular Sources e g Production Economy Good,Milk, Milos,etc.
Some of them now have engaged Banker's, especially as we see in the last CBN Management, manipulating the Naira true Values!
They have their Principals,lurching up somewhere,as they might include the so called Nigerian-Rulers- Legislatures, Executives ( States and Federal), Ministers, Traditional Rulers,etc,who just want to make Nigeria Currency to be worthless, for their own Selfish Ends,as they were never Patrotic!
Govt, should go for both Principals and their Footsoldiers- agents,as they are enemies of Nigeria- State!
Some of them, because of elections fall out,have Stollen so much, from the corridors of Power and would never change, unless the government bears its fangs on them!.
You can't be setting your rates above the CBN rates,as the Beounce was doing -that is Economic Saboteur!
Very Shameful Indeed!
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by correctguy101(m): 1:17pm On Mar 31
DeepSight:

Honestly it's so sickening. And for saying so, the iddiots will conclude that I am Ibo.

At all events, even if I was, they carry on as though being Ibo is some sort of disease.

It's truly sad to watch.

Just criticize the govt and you must be Ibo. It's so infantile.

The same govt showing them shege metagrin

It's like they're comfy with having their tribesman in leadership even if everything is going south for the country.

The stupidity knows no bounds.

Typical case of suffering and smiling.. SMH

Happy Easter o. I know you're no christian, neither am I but I still dey enjoy all celebration as long as if wahala come I'll be expected to suffer it too, I can't consciously exclude my royal self when enjoyment set.grin

1 Like

Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Front0lane: 1:51pm On Mar 31
He doesn't have to prove anything, every single person on this planet know who the butter hate filled tribe is in Nigeria.

This tribe is the only one that complain Hausa Fulani Yoruba ikwere Efik Ibibio kanuri Ghanian South African Malaysians Singaporean Indians Arabs Chinese British n others hate them for whatever reason.

YourKarma:

Provide 1 proof that he's Igbo.
You have 200+ tribes in this country but it's only Igbo you imbeciles pick on
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:53pm On Mar 31
seanfer:

Those you see around Hotel presidential have their office after Military Hospital. My problem with them is why can't the stay in their office rather than standing by the road side.

You use millions to rent shop, one okpa will come set up umbrella just few meters away from your shop and be rendering same service you are rendering, if you can't chase him, tell me you won't leave that your office to set up umbrella right beside him. That was how it all started
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Bluntemperor: 2:16pm On Mar 31
Lanruze:
These deliberate, planned and conscious efforts of the Apex Bank shows that Cardoso's led CBN Management is pursuing a clear direction & strategy to revive the badly devalued Naira and results are yielding fruits.
It's a shame to have smaller CFA zone countries & the Ghanian - Cedis mocking Nigeria's national currency.
The following measures have proven to be the game-changer we experienced in the last 2 weeks in the FX market ;
1,The Crackdown on Currency racketeering specifically in the Zone 4, Area, Abuja

2,The drill-down on cryptocurrency exchange operating in Nigeria encouraging arbitrage.

3,The re-licencing and regulation of BDCs.

4, The movement of crude sale receipts from NNPC to CBN.

5, The crackdown on DMBs and discoveries by CBN of over $5B idle in their vaults.

6, The weekly allocations of $10k to licensed BDCs

7, The clearing of FX allocation backlogs of about $5B .

8, Inclusion of EFCC to effect prosecution of economic saboteurs and financial criminals hoarding the dollars.

The saboteurs and racketeering syndicate are unhappy and lurking.

CBN should ensure its liquidity buffer from NNPC crude sales in it's vault is expedited to create a war-chest to defend the Naira (N) as the need arises.
Good one Cardi B.
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by YourKarma: 2:16pm On Mar 31
Front0lane:
He doesn't have to prove anything, every single person on this planet know who the butter hate filled tribe is in Nigeria.

This tribe is the only one that complain Hausa Fulani Yoruba ikwere Efik Ibibio kanuri Ghanian South African Malaysians Singaporean Indians Arabs Chinese British n others hate them for whatever reason.

The funny thing is that it seems it's only the Yoruba tribe who seems to keep pushing this narrative.
Well, we'll eventually know what your motives are but until then you can continue in your foolishness
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by Dbegining: 2:40pm On Mar 31
Richtaiwo:
According to ipob miscreants, the illegal bdc are all Abokis and the govt is dishing out Nigeria dollars to them freely. Now the govt has started crackdown on the Abokis, but it is same ipob miscreants screaming blue murder on the fx dealers. All these, because Nigerians rejected a fraudster. I read the way they were all busy insulting the govt for detaining the CEO of Binance. US govt is currently prosecuting a similar firm in US, but they somehow attempted changing the story and praised the US govt. That fraudster will never go near the seat of power.

I would like to address what you put up there as a learned person and I hope you are too.

Firstly, BDC's shouldn't exist in a normal country. If you've ever traveled out, you'll agree with me that there's no country operating BDC system like Nigeria. The DMB's should be tge one selling currency.

Secondly, dont cmpqre what US is doungvto binance to what Nigeria is doing. Except yiure a stark illiterate. Binance is a incorporated company. Thr company exist different from its members. You can sur the company andvthey will send representative who will stand for them in court alongside a lawyer. That is what the US did. The Nigerian government KIDNAPPED an officer of the company and then kidnapped the wife of the officer in lieu. Something that is illegal according to our constitution. Stupidity at it's peak!

Is that how Nigeria plans to attract foreign investors?
Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by VULCAN(m): 7:13pm On Mar 31
Are you minding the facts?

When a man was in opposition he attacked the government of the day for an exchange rate of N216 to a dollar.

He then installs a dead man who watched as the rate rose to 700.

Then he the chief installer stole power and took the exchange rate from N700- N1800.

Now they have used violence to bring it down to N1400 and the zomB followers are having orgasms.

Hahahaha

LandMann:
A thread of propaganda and for propaganda agents to mastubate on. See them up there praising an incompetent president and government that has caused so much hardship for Nigerians.

Re: CBN, EFCC Interventions Morph Zone 4 Abuja Into A "Ghost Town” by poseidon12: 8:17pm On Mar 31
Richtaiwo:
According to ipob miscreants, the illegal bdc are all Abokis and the govt is dishing out Nigeria dollars to them freely. Now the govt has started crackdown on the Abokis, but it is same ipob miscreants screaming blue murder on the fx dealers. All these, because Nigerians rejected a fraudster. I read the way they were all busy insulting the govt for detaining the CEO of Binance. US govt is currently prosecuting a similar firm in US, but they somehow attempted changing the story and praised the US govt. That fraudster will never go near the seat of power.

Too many tribalists and fools in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Disburses Smaller Naira Notes To Traders To End Scarcity / FIRS Seals Ifeanyi Ubah’s Capital Oil Company In Efforts To Curb Tax Evasion / 10 Fastest Ways To Find New Customers For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.