Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) (550 Views)

Sim Unlock Chip Iphone / Help On Metro Pcs Sim Unlock For Galaxy J3 Prime / Samsung J7 Pro - Sim Unlock Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 7:40am On Mar 31
I have a Vivo Y27a lying around and I hope to use it as a backup device in many ways... Want to use to browse and download stuffs as well but the phone is limited to 2g, even though it is capable of 4g.

Gurus in the house please what can I do to unlock the phone?

Do I need a new custom ROM or there's a better alternative? I have a laptop and am tech savvy
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by EreluRoz: 7:50am On Mar 31
How did you get the phone that you are now looking for who to help you unlock it?

Hope it's not what I'm thinking 🤔

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 8:01am On Mar 31
EreluRoz:
How did you get the phone that you are now looking for who to help you unlock it?

Hope it's not what I'm thinking 🤔

It's not what you're thinking oo 😂😂
(It's not the whole phone that is locked, its just the internet that's locked)

It was bought second-hand China used.
Normally some phone companies design specific phones to work with only a specific sim card so that's what is happening here.
They are limiting my browsing because I'm not using their specified sim card.

The phone works perfectly now, brings back old memories. But only browses with 2g.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by EreluRoz: 8:03am On Mar 31
PulsingPurple:

It's not what you're thinking oo 😂😂

It was bought second-hand China used.
Normally since phone companies design specific phones to work with only a specific sim card so that's what is happening here.
They are limiting my browsing because I'm not using their specified sim card.

The phone works perfectly now, brings back old memories. But only browses with 2g.
Ok thanks for clarifying in a civil way kos some people will actually pick a fight for asking that question.

6 Likes

Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 8:04am On Mar 31
EreluRoz:
Ok thanks for clarifying in a civil way kos some people will actually pick a fight for asking that question.

No p. Any help tho?
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by EreluRoz: 8:07am On Mar 31
PulsingPurple:

No p. Any help tho?
Non. I have no idea

1 Like

Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by nani667: 8:21am On Mar 31
Or maybe it is not locked at all and is just not having the bands you need to access 4G in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 8:28am On Mar 31
nani667:
Or maybe it is not locked at all and is just not having the bands you need to access 4G in Nigeria

How do I explain...

It's not that sha
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by TonyBby: 12:25pm On Mar 31
Your best best is to use wifi for now. I can't explain how you go 'bout it here.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by Jacku: 4:06pm On Mar 31
PulsingPurple:
I have a Vivo Y27a lying around and I hope to use it as a backup device in many ways... Want to use to browse and download stuffs as well but the phone is limited to 2g, even though it is capable of 4g.

Do I need a new custom ROM or there's a better alternative? I have a laptop and am tech savvy
might be dependent on the network on iy
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 4:13pm On Mar 31
Jacku:
might be dependent on the network on it

It isn't sha.

This one is proper sim-lock.

Locked to a specific carrier just like certain iPhones and other imported phones.
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 4:14pm On Mar 31
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by Jacku: 5:21pm On Mar 31
PulsingPurple:

It isn't sha.

This one is proper sim-lock.

Locked to a specific carrier just like certain iPhones and other imported phones.
so its to unlock it yeah?
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 9:47pm On Mar 31
Jacku:
so its to unlock it yeah?

Yhh, I just need to unlock 4g browsing
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by NFBI: 10:40pm On Mar 31
PulsingPurple:

It doesn't have Nigeria 4G band.. There's nothing you can do
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 10:45pm On Mar 31
NFBI:
It doesn't have Nigeria 4G band.. There's nothing you can do

No that's not it.

How do I explain this...

Okay back when we were in secondary school, many of my classmates had this phone. Some would browse 4g, some won't.

It's sim-lock not band issue, just like some iPhone come with sim-lock.
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by NFBI: 10:49pm On Mar 31
PulsingPurple:

No that's not it.

How do I explain this...

Okay back when we were in secondary school, many of my classmates had this phone. Some would browse 4g, some won't.

It's sim-lock not band issue, just like some iPhone come with sim-lock.
Have use China used Huawei before with 4G but it didn't display the 4G because the 4G band didn't support Nigeria 4G band
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 10:57pm On Mar 31
NFBI:
Have use China used Huawei before with 4G but it didn't display the 4G because the 4G band didn't support Nigeria 4G band

This one is different sha.
When I insert sim, they'll pop up a message saying that I'll be limited to 2g since the sim is not China Mobile or so.

The phone uses LTE-TDD: 2300 band for 4g and its available here in Nigeria.
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by NFBI: 10:59pm On Mar 31
PulsingPurple:

When I insert sim, they'll pop up a message saying that I'll be limited to 2g since the sim is not China Mobile or so.

Since you said so try people who repair phones to help you
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 11:04pm On Mar 31
NFBI:
Since you said so try people who repair phones to help you

Scammers everywhere oo

The few that can do it will hike the price so bad.

And its not really a do-or-die matter sha, it would sha be nice if I can do it.
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by Wizzy13: 6:57am On Apr 01
PulsingPurple:

pls dont waste ur mone it is a band issue why it is working on 2g is that 2g is a global network while lte which is 4g has two type the fdd-lte and tdd-lte the one used in nigeria is fdd-lte
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by BlocksNG(m): 7:26am On Apr 01
drop your number, make I Holla you
PulsingPurple:

Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 3:43pm On Apr 01
Wizzy13:

pls dont waste ur mone it is a band issue why it is working on 2g is that 2g is a global network while lte which is 4g has two type the fdd-lte and tdd-lte the one used in nigeria is fdd-lte

Well well... What do I know...
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:02pm On Apr 03
PulsingPurple:

Well well... What do I know...

https://www.nairaland.com/8050722/it-right-say-god-gave

The above thread is interesting do you want everyone to make a contribution?
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by PulsingPurple(m): 9:13pm On Apr 03
MaxInDHouse:

https://www.nairaland.com/8050722/it-right-say-god-gave

The above thread is interesting do you want everyone to make a contribution?

Yes please.
Re: Who Can Sim-unlock Vivo Y27a (2016 Model) by Jacku: 9:44pm On Apr 14
PulsingPurple:

Yhh, I just need to unlock 4g browsing
olay

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nokia 6630 Working Perfect / Opera On Glo / Iphone And Bb Torch Has Security Lapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.