Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK (784 Views)

Snakes Living In DELSU Student's Room / Cost Of Studying And Living In Russia / Studying And working in Australia made easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK by Dmanny: 3:33am On Apr 01
Studying and living in the UK can be an enriching experience, but it’s essential to understand and plan for the associated costs. Studying in the UK is good value for money and the average costs here are lower than in both the USA and Australia.

You will find that UK graduates are among the most employable in the world. In fact, seven in ten international students say that they are progressing further, being promoted quicker, and earning more because of their UK education.

Still, investing a considerable sum in your education does require careful consideration. Here are some details on the type of budget you are going to need to study in the UK.

How much does it cost to study in the UK?
Fees for UK courses vary depending on your study level and where in the UK you are studying.

Course fees
Fees for UK courses vary depending on your study level and where in the UK you are studying. For example, humanities and social sciences degrees tend to cost the least, while laboratory and clinical degree programmes tend to cost the most.

Undergraduate Level
International undergraduate tuition fees vary from £11,400 – £38,000. The average cost is estimated to be around £22,200 per year.

Typically, undergraduate degree courses in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland last for three years or four in Scotland.

Postgraduate Level
International postgraduate tuition fees vary from £9,000 – £30,000. The average cost is estimated to be around £17,109 per year.

Many postgraduate degree courses in the UK can be completed in one year of full-time study. This has financial and career benefits. A one-year master’s programme usually has fewer and lower associated costs. It offers the option of faster entry or re-entry into employment than a traditional two-year master’s programme.

As tuition fees vary by course and institution, we recommend you consult the website of the university or college you are applying for detailed information. In the UK (except London), budget for £54 per month on average for public transport.

Read more on it: https://misfol.com/2024/04/01/cost-of-studying-and-living-in-the-uk/

1 Share

Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK by penta(m): 5:24am On Apr 01
Pure extortion from the UK schools and government..

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK by Nairalander248: 8:18am On Apr 01
penta:
Pure extortion from the UK schools and government..

Nope, education is expensive, na your country come add pains ontop
Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK by Samfloxin(m): 11:42am On Apr 01
U K gbakwaa oku
Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK by alimiadedayo1: 7:50pm On Apr 01
Nairalander248:

Nope, education is expensive, na your country come add pains ontop
shut up which education is expensive? There are some countries where education is free from primary level to tertiary level and besides if we have a very strong currency do you think many of us cannot afford to school abroad? Do you know how much very low it cost to school in abroad in early 1960's to 1980's? People travel abroad like they are traveling from Ibadan to lagos to acquire education

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK by Nairalander248: 7:54pm On Apr 01
alimiadedayo1:

shut up which education is expensive? There are some countries where education is free from primary level to tertiary level and besides if we have a very strong currency do you think many of us cannot afford to school abroad? Do you know how much very low it cost to school in abroad in early 1960's to 1980's? People travel abroad like they are traveling from Ibadan to lagos to acquire education

You told me shut up and still end up saying the same thing I said... U just analyze your ignorance grin
Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK by alimiadedayo1: 7:57pm On Apr 01
Nairalander248:

You told me shut up and still end up saying the same thing I said... U just analyze your ignorance grin

what did you analyze hope you are okay?
Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK by Nairalander248: 8:11pm On Apr 01
alimiadedayo1:

what did you analyze hope you are okay?

I used few words, you went on to analyse the damn same thing with compound sentences.

I am very okay. Thank you
Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK by alimiadedayo1: 8:36pm On Apr 01
Nairalander248:

I used few words, you went on to analyse the damn same thing with compound sentences.

I am very okay. Thank you
If I misquoted I am sorry but I did not see anywhere we are on the same page from your comment

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Studying And Living In The UK by Inspirer1: 5:36am On Apr 02
Paying above 17k pounds to do more of independent study.

(1) (Reply)

Unizik Post Ume: It Is Actually Scheduled Not Published / Education For All Nigerian / I Need A Girl 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.