Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,271 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development (160 Views)

Anyone With Free Resources On Learning Laravel / How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. / I'm Encountering Error As A Newbie On Python Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by Damidave1124(m): 10:26am On Apr 01
Good day nairalanders and happy Easter Monday to you all.

I will go straight to the point.
Is it worth it to learn web development at this age?
I will be 32 years in couple of months and I don't have a job yet, so I'm considering a career in tech, web development to be precise.

I completed the compulsory NYSC last year, ever since then, I've been struggling to land a job all to no avail.

I don't have any prior knowledge of web development and I don't really know much about computers.

Please, I need the advice experienced people in this field.

Things are really tough these days and man need to start life as age is no longer on my side.

I will be available to answer any questions you might want to ask in other to advise me better. Thanks.
Re: Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by wittywriter: 11:03am On Apr 01
Damidave1124:
Good day nairalanders and happy Easter Monday to you all.

I will go straight to the point.
Is it worth it to learn web development at this age?
I will be 32 years in couple of months and I don't have a job yet, so I'm considering a career in tech, web development to be precise.

I completed the compulsory NYSC last year, ever since then, I've been struggling to land a job all to no avail.

I don't have any prior knowledge of web development and I don't really know much about computers.

Please, I need the advice experienced people in this field.

Things are really tough these days and man need to start life as age is no longer on my side.

I will be available to answer any questions you might want to ask in other to advise me better. Thanks.

Do you want to earn with tech via online as a remote worker or you want to create and build an income means as a brand of your own?.
Howbeit since you are a newbie why not start by learning easier digital skills like whiteboard animation for a faster earning path.

Damidave1124:

Yes, I want to earn as a remote worker. I've been fantasising how'd look while working at home without having to go out there always to face traffic in Lagos.

What's whiteboard animation please? Could you please regale me of what it entails?

WhiteBoard Animation is used to activate leads.
BTW if you want to be a remote worker youll need learn the ropes from a mentor.

Wittyness
Re: Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by CORPSEFUCKER: 11:36am On Apr 01
Programming is not for everyone

Go find something else to do

There's a lot of things you can do ,why not be a security guard or driver use am build experience??
Re: Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by Damidave1124(m): 11:44am On Apr 01
wittywriter:

Do you want to earn with tech via online as a remote worker or you want to create and build an income means as a brand of your own?.
Howbeit since you are a newbie why not start by learning easier digital skills like whiteboard animation for a faster earning path.

Wittyness

Yes, I want to earn as a remote worker. I've been fantasising how'd look while working at home without having to go out there always to face traffic in Lagos.

What's whiteboard animation please? Could you please regale me of what it entails?
Re: Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by Damidave1124(m): 11:50am On Apr 01
CORPSEFUCKER:
Programming is not for everyone

Go find something else to do

There's a lot of things you can do ,why not be a security guard or driver use am build experience??

I've thought of that too, security guard at 32 bro is not something I want.
I'm ready to devote enough time to learn a skill that will pay my bills conveniently.
Re: Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by CORPSEFUCKER: 12:23pm On Apr 01
Damidave1124:

I've thought of that too, security guard at 32 bro is not something I want.
I'm ready to devote enough time to learn a skill that will pay my bills conveniently.

Learn how to make 🧼
Re: Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by Damidave1124(m): 2:24pm On Apr 01
CORPSEFUCKER:

Learn how to make 🧼

Yea, I think I can consider this.
Thank you, I'm grateful.
Re: Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by Maj196(m): 2:27pm On Apr 01
It might even take you some time before you actually start earning with tech, so how would you pay your bills in the mean time?
There's no such thing as too old to start, all it requires is time and dedication

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by Damidave1124(m): 4:29pm On Apr 01
Maj196:
It might even take you some time before you actually start earning with tech, so how would you pay your bills in the mean time?
There's no such thing as too old to start, all it requires is time and dedication

Hmmmm!
I'm thinking of picking up a teaching job, that would at least take care of some of my needs in the process of learning.
Re: Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by Shomek(m): 7:33pm On Apr 01
Damidave1124:

Hmmmm!
I'm thinking of picking up a teaching job, that would at least take care of some of my needs in the process of learning.
That's right

you can start by learning with free tutorials online
Re: Urgent! Advice A Newbie On Learning Web Development by ekehopp2: 7:43pm On Apr 01
@ OP Damidave1124
Tech has changed, the bar has been raised for beginners. So realistically It'll take you about 2 to 3 years of dedicated and consistent study to be skilled enough to start making something reasonable from it.
In the long run though it's well worth it, and you'll never be poor again in your life, as your programming value will continuously increase geometrically.

If you choose to go on the journey, try to have other sources of income so you can successfully see it through.

Remember that Tech is not a "get rich quick scheme", but a "get permanently upper middle class slow scheme".

Make a sacrifices today that will permanently secure your future or continue in mediocrity.
The choice is yours. It's a question of how desperately do you want it.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Buying Old Whatsapp Groups, 2019 Downward / How Relevant Are Online Radios In 2020? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.