Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Career Path - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Path (108 Views)

Career path, Learn Graphic Design Online / How To Choose The Right Career Path / Benefits Of Graphics Design As A Career Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career Path by Olympuse: 10:35am On Apr 01
I'll make this brief. I am a 29 yr old graduate and single. Ever since I completed my NYSC four years ago, I have taken up teaching job as means to survive. But I noticed that I have not made any progress throughout those years. That beg the question, what's the way forward?
I have some options before me but I don't know the best for me considering some factor like age. I consider going back for MSc but I finished with 2.2 in my degree. Another option I'm considering is focusing on frontend development but I see adverts where they ask for Computer science certificate as requirement and saturation of the job market. Last option on my list is going back to school for computer science degree. Settling down is also another path on the list. So wise men in the house, what should I do please?.
Re: Career Path by sageb: 10:22am On Apr 02
Olympuse:
I'll make this brief. I am a 29 yr old graduate and single. Ever since I completed my NYSC four years ago, I have taken up teaching job as means to survive. But I noticed that I have not made any progress throughout those years. That beg the question, what's the way forward?
I have some options before me but I don't know the best for me considering some factor like age. I consider going back for MSc but I finished with 2.2 in my degree. Another option I'm considering is focusing on frontend development but I see adverts where they ask for Computer science certificate as requirement and saturation of the job market. Last option on my list is going back to school for computer science degree. Settling down is also another path on the list. So wise men in the house, what should I do please?.

You did not reveal your course of study
Instead of going back to study computer science from 100 level, use that money to get trained in web development in a reputable ICT institute Like APTECH , New Horizon, etc.

1 Like

Re: Career Path by Olympuse: 10:47am On Apr 02
sageb:

You did not reveal your course of study
Instead of going back to study computer science from 100 level, use that money to get trained in web development in a reputable ICT institute Like APTECH , New Horizon, etc.
I studied biochemistry!
Shouldn't I be concerned with the current job scarcity and saturation of web development?
I have also included Japa in my plans too if I see substantial money or sponsor.

(1) (Reply)

Data Analysis Course / Rich Dad And Poor Dad / Boost Your Career With Multi Stream Jinja Herbal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.