Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver (2620 Views)

I Didn’t Have N5k For JAMB So I Became A Taxi Driver – 22-year-old Nigerian Lady / Winston Churchill And The Taxi Driver;( Money Or Intergrity) / Meet The Harvard Professor Who Became A Billionaire Thanks To Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Overseer0(m): 10:20pm On Apr 01
This is the story of Goddy Anabor’s transformation from Nigerian billionaire businessman to taxi 🚕 driver.

How He Lost His Fortune.

During the height of his fame and fortune, Goddy Anabor, publisher of the defunct Hearts magazine, was admired by musicians and celebrities for his generous heart and deep pockets. Admiration for the beautiful ladies in Lagos. Goddy, now a taxi driver on the streets of Lagos, allegedly made money from Yahoo, then known as 419. When asked about his background in fraud and how he made his money, “Goddy emphasized philosophically that yahooing is not a crime; it is a crime.”
Instead, he collected it from those who stole from his ancestors. ” What a defense! He invested the money by starting different businesses, including
1) Heart magazine, a romantic soft sell publication that brought huge profits to the defunct Hints magazine. This generation grew up reading Hints and Heart magazines because it was our first exposure to sex and a platform that taught us sex education and everything we need to know about sex.

1 Like

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Exousiang01: 1:47am On Apr 02
He refused to innovate, he got left behind

5 Likes

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by duduade: 3:51am On Apr 02
Wooow

😲
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by HeadNigga: 5:18am On Apr 02
OP you should add the man's picture.

PS: if you are reading this and there is a picture of the man up there now, just know I fought for you. I paved the way for you. Uwc.

1 Like

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by purples25(f): 5:22am On Apr 02
To see it all and then to lose it all. That's life sometimes.

And people will be acting like they've reached God status when their wealth reaches a certain level. As if it couldn't go down to nothing suddenly.

Even those people with dusty cars passing those trekking on the street, dey feel like Elon Musk's equal. 😂

3 Likes

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by LillyandDaisy: 5:27am On Apr 02
The world left him behind, I pray God uplift him again

1 Like

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by jimmynauty: 7:21am On Apr 02
***Scammer Account Details Alert***
Avoid doing biz with Dr. Stanley Machilo & Draw Machilo. He promised to refund if service failed. Someone paid for his service, for me. It failed & he blocked me.
His Acct derails: Global Adjusters 5329908995 Moniepoint

1 Like

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Nedum001(m): 7:50am On Apr 02
I have a guy in my hood that was the first to pick money from fraud. The money wey im woman pay am that year was loud.....this acquired properties in outskirts of Lagos and was building a house in his home town which he didn't complete.....Fast forward to 2024, my don fall down to ashes....even to be able to get money to buy soap na wahala....omo, na where I fear all this quick and yahoo money ooo

5 Likes

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Natbrowny: 8:32am On Apr 02
We have seen from Rags to Riches

So from Riches to Rags has to exist too

Life has 2 sides. GOOD AND EVIL

Every other thing falls under them..

May God protect and help us and not make the evil side overwhelm us. Na prayer o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by grandstar(m): 8:33am On Apr 02
Nedum001:
I have a guy in my hood that was the first to pick money from fraud. The money wey im woman pay am that year was loud.....this acquired properties in outskirts of Lagos and was building a house in his home town which he didn't complete.....Fast forward to 2024, my don fall down to ashes....even to be able to get money to buy soap na wahala....omo, na where I fear all this quick and yahoo money ooo

I too could have made immense wealth from 419.

As far back as the the mid 90s, I have always had access to foreign names and companies. Had I provided those names, I would have been swimming in filthy money.

2 Likes

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Natbrowny: 8:33am On Apr 02
Nedum001:

That was eerrrrrrm..............DAMN, no words
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Natbrowny: 8:34am On Apr 02
purples25:
To see it all and then to lose it all. That's life sometimes.

And people will be acting like they've reached God status when their wealth reaches a certain level. As if it couldn't go down to nothing suddenly.

Even those people with dusty cars passing those trekking on the street, dey feel like Elon Musk's equal. 😂

Life sometimes ehn. It has no manual

1 Like

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by youngrichnigga: 8:42am On Apr 02
Here's a video expose on the guy, Goddy Anabor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5WaBf47crg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by KingMack(m): 8:50am On Apr 02
Edo musicians no let us hear word from dis man name while growing up 😔
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Benwallt(m): 9:59am On Apr 02
Everything musician sings his praise that time.

He made his money in Lagos and finish it in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by LarryA1(m): 10:12am On Apr 02
Scam money it's not a lasting money,. If you know you no.
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Sirhush(m): 10:26am On Apr 02
Only what God give you that you can enjoy forever grin
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by harjay1986: 10:41am On Apr 02
Nedum001:

Bro we always say to get money no easy, but my finding has show me that to get money naa that one easy pass.... But to keep the money for years and for generations to come that is the real work which is never easy

5 Likes

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by idahme(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02
Nedum001:

The problem with these guys they think everyday is Christmas and refuse to stop their impulse spending and rather invest in today and reap tomorrow. They will use all their money to buy liabilities and leave assets that brings money to the table why won't the person go broke in a few years assuming the crime doesn't pay anymore.

3 Likes

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by azpekuliar: 12:19pm On Apr 02
Always recycling this story from year to year. I wonder if it is even true.
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by kelechi50: 1:50pm On Apr 02
It's a good lesson for others to learn that the law of karma is real.

Whatever you sow you will reap.
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Rexymania(m): 2:06pm On Apr 02
Grace to grass
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Talkisneeded: 2:07pm On Apr 02
Crime money will last if you channel it into something proper tho...
Too many Nigerian politicians and socialites enjoying their proceed of greed and fraud..

Not supporting crimes tho..

I sell herbs sha

1 Like

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Chummynoni(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02
kelechi50:
It's a good lesson for others to learn that the law of karma is real.

Whatever you sow you will reap.
there is no karma anywhere. The world doesnt work that way. The man was a foolish spender, that kept on pumping money on women and stupid livestyle.
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:52pm On Apr 02
HeadNigga:
OP you should add the man's picture.

PS: if you are reading this and there is a picture of the man up there now, just know I fought for you. I paved the way for you. Uwc.
You paved the way and fought a tough fight because you asked for a pic to be uploaded

Is this is the way you fight for your future and pave way, life for don sweet for you now.

Orisirisi something.
Oshisko!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:55pm On Apr 02
Apparently, we've heard several grace to grass stories, but few of these stories actually stand out, amongst them is the story of a one time popular Lagos socialite and billionaire who once owned several fleet of luxurious cars like the Lamborghini, Ferrari, a Bugatti and many more in his garage in the early 90s.

He was Once a revered figure in the Nigerian elite circles, who enjoyed the adoration of musicians and Lagos’ high society for his generosity and affluent lifestyle. Many popular singers of the 90s sang his praises to high heavens.

And Beyond material riches, Goddy Anabor exuded charisma and charm, evidenced by his ability to captivate those around him. He was also the ladies man!

He once disclosed a staggering 3 billion naira cash deposit on a particular day in Equity Bank in 1990, and that is equivalent to over 70 billion in today’s exchange rate. Foreign ambassadors, governors and other top politicians attended his extravagant parties, highlighting his unmatched status as a Nigerian socialite.

But this man fell from glory! Now the question is what truly happened to him? And above all, how did he make all these money? Could this be a case of karma for ill gotten wealth?

Trust me, his story would teach you a very big lesson about life!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by joinnow: 3:07pm On Apr 02
He missed possibly the second and third Ms of money.
The three Ms of money are often referred to as Make money, Manage money, and Multiply money. These concepts highlight the importance of earning money, effectively managing it, and making it grow through various investment and saving strategies.

2 Likes

Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by purples25(f): 3:13pm On Apr 02
Natbrowny:

Life sometimes ehn. It has no manual

I want all of us to make it. But I hate classism.
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by eepeepook: 3:39pm On Apr 02
If he was a billionaire, he’d build back to at least multimillionaire status. Making money is easy.
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Kiapk: 6:57pm On Apr 02
I don tire with this man story
Re: From A Billionaire To A Taxi Driver by Peakdesign23(m): 9:27pm On Apr 02
I need to see his pictures. I pray he bounce back cos as Nigerian’s may say, I get am before no be property.

(1) (Reply)

Ilaro Polytechnic's Hnd Form / Photos: Indian Parents Climb School Wall To Help Their Kids Cheat On An Exam / How To Check Jamb Redistribution List, Check Jamb New List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.