Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction (13170 Views)

Mass Job Losses Loom In Q1 2023 Amid Naira Crisis - Manufacturers, Economist / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 / Unimaginable Mass Job Losses Loom In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Lavor234: 10:05am On Apr 02
Too much too soon. Do we need to overheat the economic policy in the era of hyper inflation and currency devaluation or do Edun and Cardaso want to pretend as if they are working?
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:06am On Apr 02
Blaze14k:

No worry u go feel the pain wellaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

No easy route to success even in drug trafficking.
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by DenreleDave(m): 10:06am On Apr 02
hmmmm
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Loverboi2cute(m): 10:07am On Apr 02
ojuikwu:

Hello please I need someone to help recover deleted WhatsApp chats.for like 3years...thanks....u can WhatsApp me if u can do it and I will paid you..09060936724
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Shaire)

Pls is it possible..... Or where u later successful in retrieving dem

Cos I will also like to recover mine too.... 2 years ago
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by toujurs: 10:08am On Apr 02
CrossRhodes:
Who would have thought anyone could be worse than buhari?
I knew tinubu knows nothing about governance but i never knew it would be this bad..i just hope people funds are safe.
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Blaze14k: 10:08am On Apr 02
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I pray u become a drug lord.. hehehee
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Izuchukwu70: 10:08am On Apr 02
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/02/recapitalization-jobs-losses-loom-as-nigerian-banks-battle-to-escape-extinction/

Lies. When banks re-capitalize , they become bigger and have more capacity for bigger tickets deals. They increase manpower and hire more people. All the banks need is to approach the capital markers for funds from the public and private entities.

The headline is written in bad faith and wrong. Graduates should be ready for jobs in banks.

1 Like

Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by stonemasonn: 10:09am On Apr 02
Lavor234:
Too much too soon. Do we need to overheat the economic policy in the era of hyper inflation and currency devaluation or do Edun and Cardaso want to pretend as if they are working?
The earlier the better.

1 Like

Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:09am On Apr 02
Blaze14k:

I pray u become a drug lord.. hehehee

I pray for Nigeria to be Prosperous.
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Blaze14k: 10:12am On Apr 02
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I pray for Nigeria to be Prosperous.

You can't make money from drugs, spend it on women and expect to prosper.
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Asonaijaaso: 10:13am On Apr 02
Tinubu administration is making good fiscal policies.

However the administration is not creating jobs to match the pace of the job losses anticipated from your reforms.

Its being 10 months since inauguration. Can the administration boast of creating 100 thousand jobs ?

Which is a drop in the ocean. You cannot raise interests rate, remove petrol and forex subsidy ?

WITHOUT ANY PLAN TO CREATE AT LEAST 1 MILLION NEW JOBS.

CREATE JOBS, DONT CHOKE THE NON EXISTENT MIDDLE CLASS INTO POVERTY.

PALLIATIVES ARE NOT JOBS.

1 Like

Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:14am On Apr 02
Blaze14k:

You can't make money from drugs, spend it on women and expect to prosper.

Am not a lesbian.
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Blaze14k: 10:17am On Apr 02
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Am not a lesbian.

If you like be like bobrisky who cares.. u should buy padded Vboot since u not a lesbian it will fit u hehehee
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:22am On Apr 02
Blaze14k:

If you like be like bobrisky who cares.. u should buy padded Vboot since u not a lesbian it will fit u hehehee

Ok thanks for the advice.
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Dialpad: 10:25am On Apr 02
When I said it in another thread, those that think they are smart were spilling some BS.

They will downsize and also turn to AI to replace human.

2 Likes

Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by phorget(m): 10:26am On Apr 02
Zxcvbnmghtr:

At least in drug business you either get rich or you die trying but in Tilubunomics you only feel more pains after the initial pain.
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Sirtee19: 10:30am On Apr 02
If the top ten tier banks in Nigeria could raise N3.3 trillions, yet this amount is not up to the worth of the 10th richest bank in Africa. The 10th richest bank in Africa (of which no Nigeria bank was among) is People's Bank of Morocco with capital base of $28 billions which is far more than N3.3 trillions.
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by enemyofprogress: 10:35am On Apr 02
Japa if you can.........now or never

1 Like

Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Svoboda(m): 10:40am On Apr 02
43Ronin:
I said this in one tread, but some ronu economist quickly came at me with textbook advantages of mergers & acquisition forgetting we in naija. The CBN governor I repeat is Dull and only chasing clout

So, if you were cbn gov, what would have done?
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by kindredspirit(m): 10:40am On Apr 02
Izuchukwu70:

Lies. When banks re-capitalize , they become bigger and have more capacity for bigger tickets deals. They increase manpower and hire more people. All the banks need is to approach the capital markers for funds from the public and private entities.

The headline is written in bad faith and wrong. Graduates should be ready for jobs in banks.

Are you being sarcastic, bruv ?

The President of the ASSBIFI, Olusoji Oluwole, whilst being interviewed by ChannelsTV, said there would most likely be job losses as a result of the re-capitalisation. Thus, they had started preparing in advance for that eventuality, by consulting with Labour and CBN to ensure that workers who would be casualties of the re-capitalisation are compensated adequately.

Or did you not read the article, only the headline?

1 Like

Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by EjahPhilip(m): 11:22am On Apr 02
I just hope nothing will happened to my #231 in one of this banks πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by Confirm4real(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02
Japa loading in the banking sector tongue
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by bitbillionaire: 12:28pm On Apr 02
The total number of banks in Nigeria will most likely not be up to 5 at the end of this exercise unless majority of them decide to downgrade their licence.
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by campbelljosh(m): 1:33pm On Apr 02
The way these banks steal monies from people account these days is quite alarming. Leaving 1k in your account and waking up to meet 950naira without any tangible transaction details. I put 70k in my opay account and they give me 25naira increase every morning
Re: Recapitalization: Jobs Losses Loom As Nigerian Banks Battle To Escape Extinction by OvertheTop(m): 7:13pm On Apr 02
GreatrAnalyst:
Gloomy headlines.
Don't know what you guys gain from them.

Sadly,
Bad News Sell Faster

Good News is No News....they say!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Should I Go For, HND In Architecture Or 4 Month Intensive Coding/programmin / To Become A Referee In Nigerian Globacom League? / Unpaid Salaries: Hope Dims For Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.